Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Confessions of a Hotel Housekeeper

A*O

People tip the chambermaids? *blink*

It's not that I'm mean, we just don't tip for this kind of basic service in my world. If the room is trashed then yes, of course, but I try to leave the room more or less like I found it excluding a quick vacuum, fresh bedding/towels and a Clorox wipedown.

I've told this story before but put your TV remote controller in a plastic bag. You will get preggo just holding it. Seriously.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Yuk!

Oh I like that idea about the plastic bag. I usually wipe it down with the Clorox wipes but have forgotten those a time or two. But geez everything is suspect. The lamp switches, the blinds, the window latches, the fridge. Gawd, I can use a 100 wipes in the first 5 minutes of entering my room!

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

And now with the whole bedbug thing!! I want to wrap myself and my stuff in plastic wrap...

god i feel sorry for you neat freaks. unless i see something horrible in the hotel room i just assume it's clean and enjoy it. otherwise what's the point of travelling? if i'm going to be freaking out about everything i touch, i'll just stay home.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A*O

I agree up to a point sput, but I saw a docco where a CIS type went into a range of hotel rooms (5* down to cheap motels) and used that black light thing that shows up, erm, body fluids. It was truly shocking - urine and blood on the mattress, semen EVERYWHERE including up the walls and on the light fittings (huh?), and the famous TV remote. Strangely enough the worst ones were the upmarket hotels. He said it's all the hooker activity in them.
    Dame Edna Everage

Oh yeah, the sperm detector light. Seeing that changed my life. Gag, wish I didn't know believe me. The bedspread is the first thing that gets removed and put in the closet!

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Confessions of a hotel guest: I once found a used diaper in the ice bucket. I haven't used an ice bucket since.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Oh yeah, the sperm detector light. Seeing that changed my life. Gag, wish I didn't know believe me. The bedspread is the first thing that gets removed and put in the closet!
    Yeah - the bedspread is frequently 'christened' by guests when they first arrive. People are disgusting pigs.
    Dame Edna Everage

I don't worry about light switchs or remote controls in a hotel room. As long as it looks clean I am comfortable with it.
    But I hate the beds in most hotels. In cheaper hotels there is only a blanket with a sheet. The sheet always slips while you sleep and then you touch the naked blanket. It's so disgusting. I bought a light sleeping bag liner and now this problem is solved for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    god i feel sorry for you neat freaks. unless i see something horrible in the hotel room i just assume it's clean and enjoy it. otherwise what's the point of travelling? if i'm going to be freaking out about everything i touch, i'll just stay home.
    I'm with you. I'm not a big germ phobe. I am assuming throughout my life, I've been exposed to much worse and survived.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

exactly. and that's what my immune system is for. i'm not going to let stuff like that keep me from enjoying my life.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I worry more about the bedbugs than anything. We have two sets of friends that got eaten alive in NYC. Good hotels, too.

^ Yeah, that's why I always leave my bags right at the door and then do a thorough check to the telltale signs.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Ugh, I cannot stay at hotels any more, I get so grossed out. I mean, really, you are sleeping in a bed where 100's or 1000's have slept before, disgusting!! I have a friend who is equally grossed out, but has to travel for business. So she bought a couple sleep sacks and feels better.
    So with you. Those damn blacklight clips on 60 minutes did me in. My husband said he was going to download a blacklight ap on his cell phone for me but I suspect that would be worse.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information