Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Assholes on a Plane

Default Re: Assholes on a Plane

A lot of people have already posted about experiences I have had. But babies don't have to scream on planes -- if you give your baby a bottle during takeoff and landing, the swallowing will lessen the air pressure sensitivity. I seen many a flight attendant tell mothers this only to be ignored or treated rudely.

John Waters used to say that you should bring a book you want to read and make a fake cover that says Lesbian Nuns or something on it. Guaranteed privacy.

I despise parents who get on a plane and think that their children are someone else's responsibility for the flight duration. I also hate people who recline their seats even when the sign clearly says not to. In fact, I don't see the need for anyone to fully recline their seat given the tight quarters in economy class these days.

I can't stand people who think wearing their smelly, dirty gardening clothes is appropriate travel wear, or people who take their shoes off and whose feet stink. I once flew business class to Hong Kong and the man next to me did this, and wouldn't put on the fresh socks in the hospitality kit. We were full, and I couldn't move; thank God the flight attendant sedated me with expensive Champagne. He also kept invading my space.

A*O

My sister's kids get shocking travel sickness (cars, planes, boats, all the same) so when she took them on a long flight from Canada to the UK she decided to medicate them into submission. She gave then a hefty dose of Phenargen (sp?) because all her friends told her it would knock the kids out cold for 7 hours. WRONG!!!! It has the exact opposite effect in some kids, including my sister's as it turned out, and she had to deal with two hyperactive maniacs bouncing off the walls (and vomiting) for the whole flight. Ha ha.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O
    She gave then a hefty dose of Phenargen (sp?) because all her friends told her it would knock the kids out cold for 7 hours. WRONG!!!! It has the exact opposite effect in some kids, including my sister's as it turned out, and she had to deal with two hyperactive maniacs bouncing off the walls (and vomiting) for the whole flight.
    I've never had that side effect from Phenagren. I've had to take it several times for vomiting - and it stings like a son of a bitch - but I've never vomited after taking it and it puts me in a pure coma for at least a day. Gawd, that flight must've been miserable for all involved.

Asshole on a plane experience: One time on a flight I was on, a newborn had a blowout diaper. There was shit covering that child from one end to the other and it smelled worse than you can even imagine. She couldn't change the kid in the bathroom because she said it was too tiny and changed it on the floor. I thought I'd pass out, cry and vomit at the same time. Luckily, the flight attendant came by with alcohol. Not a coincidence.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

I don't understand the need to trample everyone in an attempt to get off the plane first. Everyone is going to have to wait exactly the same amount of time for the doors to open and the baggage to show up. I treat planes like I do movie theaters, wait for the crowd of cattle to stampede off/out and then leisurely leave. Many times I've stopped for coffee or a mixed drink, visited the restroom and strolled up just as the luggage was arriving at baggage claim. The early birds all stressing and I felt relaxed. Nothing is worth stressing yourself like that for.

I hate people that fart repeatedly on planes. Come on, take some Imodium AD!

I had the flight from hell a month ago involving every type of asshole -

Bratty hyper kids to the left of me whose mother kept telling them to shut up (the entire flight) - but wouldn't seperate them when they were fighting (all the time!) She didn't even bring them games or toys to keep them occupied - just some small dvd player. Then she had the nerve to roll her eyes while I was giving her the death stare.

A psycho chick up front who held up the line while we were boarding because she wanted the window seat (she said to the stranger who was sitting next to her "Do you get up a lot? I don't at all - so I can take the window seat") Surprise - guess who was up and down all throughout the flight? And who had a (non-existent) "medical emergency" onboard that required the flight attendants to ask if there was a doctor on board. And who was so rude to the flight attendants that she made one of them cry?

Some snarky mouth teenaged boy in the back. I won't even talk about the crying babies, as I don't think that the babies are purposely crying to be annoying

Now take all that - and add the inconvenience of sitting on the tarmac for 2 hours waiting to leave in the middle of July in Phoenix with no water or AC - and imagine how fun that flight was.

Thank goodness for the airline giving me 2 free bottles of alcohol towards the end of the flight!!!

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator View Post
    I don't understand the need to trample everyone in an attempt to get off the plane first. .

I stay in my seat until everyone gets off which is fine unless I'm in an aisle seat so the asshole in the window seat climbs over me and empties the locker onto my head so he can stand in line with all the other sheep (and his crotch at my face level) for several minutes. Like you say Gator, you still have to wait at the baggage claim anyway so what's the fucking hurry people!!!!!

My very worst flight ever was an overnighter from Vancouver to London with Ward Air (remember them? ). There was a large party of highschool students on their first ever trip on a plane, let alone to Europe, and they were all running completely wild while the teachers sat at the front getting drunk. The overwhelming smell of bubblegum was enough to turn the strongest stomach and several of the kids had obviously ODd on burgers and fries at the airport and were puking up constantly. The flight attendants kept asking the teachers to go and assist but they were too drunk to care. Once everyone FINALLY settled down in their seats the game was to flash cameras into sleeping passengers faces. When we arrived in the UK the kids were told to stay in their seats until all the other passengers had left and you can guess what actually happened. The students pushed and shoved their way off the plane leaving the teachers to go and round them up in the airport terminal (and Heathrow is a BIG airport).
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

I know this one is going to piss off the pet crowd on this board but the last flight I was on featured a very vocal tiny dog in an under the seat carrier that kept yap-yap-yapping the entire flight. The owner kept taking it out of it's carrier and it still wouldn't settle down. I was pretty disgusted because when I've flown with my parrot in a carrier like that and from Europe with my cat the vet gave us something to give the animal to calm it down during the flight. This little dog was nosier and more obnoxious than any kid I've seen on a plane.

Lil

I have had a couple of bad experiences on long flights. The first one was on a flight from London to Denver where a charmless American man sitting behind me told me within ten minutes of the plane taking off that if I put my seat back at all he would make my entire flight a misery. I had a quiet word with the cabin crew who upgraded my sister and I. It gave us great pleasure to sweetly wave goodbye to the arsehole as we headed for the front of the plane.

And the other was on a flight to Kuala Lumpur, where a woman had a toddler with her. She'd brought two things for it to play with on the 12 hour flight - a tambourine and a squeaky toy.....
    A big boy did it and ran away.

I guess some people would consider me to be an Asshole on a plane. It's just that I hate flying and get nervous when we're in the air, and when I get nervous I always get giggling. So I start laughing at the most unfunny things. I'm also the person who ALWAYS gets sick on the flight and has to throw up. So the people I sit next to aren't very lucky.

A different story... I hate the assholes who always pee on the toilet seats in the lavatories. I know it could happen anywhere, but they should try to aim a little better because they are sharing the bathrooms with 50 other people.

Quote Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
    I hit Vegas several times a year. Most trips home are late at night and 90% of the time there are people who just don't know when the parties over. Most of us just want some damn sleep!! lol
    Yep, I've been on that flight several times!!! When the plane leaves Vegas, it's time to put on the 'real world' glasses again and settle the hell down!
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I have to call bullshit on this. What if you need to go overseas? Should you book on the QE2 instead?
    Why yes! That way, you have a stateroom to lock your ill mannered spawn in or a smelly berth to tie it to!

Or maybe drive for a week to make it across the country?
    Suits me fine, unless I'm in the backseat trying to keep my sanity by playing Nintendo DS

In a perfect world, we'd teleport to where we needed to go, causing no inconvenience or irritation to any other human being.
    Oh I'm pretty sure some baby would get fouled in the mechanism somehow, digitally screaming its head off while a computer programmer worked to extract it.

But that ain't possible so we all have to deal with each other.
    No I don't, you can keep your squaling protohuman with a dogsitter.

The way I see it, planes today are like the buses of yesterday. Shitty travel in cramped spaces. Kids are part of it, just like grumpy gay guys.
    Grumpy gay guys don't bother people, we sit and quietly read Cosmo while smelling faintly of sandalwood musk and sipping our martinis.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Quote:
    Originally Posted by buttmunch
    I have to call bullshit on this. What if you need to go overseas? Should you book on the QE2 instead?

Why yes! That way, you have a stateroom to lock your ill mannered spawn in or a smelly berth to tie it to!

Quote:
    Or maybe drive for a week to make it across the country?

Suits me fine, unless I'm in the backseat trying to keep my sanity by playing Nintendo DS

Quote:
    In a perfect world, we'd teleport to where we needed to go, causing no inconvenience or irritation to any other human being.

Oh I'm pretty sure some baby would get fouled in the mechanism somehow, digitally screaming its head off while a computer programmer worked to extract it.

Quote:
    But that ain't possible so we all have to deal with each other.

No I don't, you can keep your squaling protohuman with a dogsitter.

Quote:
    The way I see it, planes today are like the buses of yesterday. Shitty travel in cramped spaces. Kids are part of it, just like grumpy gay guys.

Grumpy gay guys don't bother people, we sit and quietly read Cosmo while smelling faintly of sandalwood musk and sipping our martinis.

I can't wait until I am unknowingly on a flight that you're on, sitting right behind you with my two adorably little angels....who will have injested twice thier own body weight in sugar five minutes before boarding and have only brought along laser guns with sound effects. What fun, eh?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

SVZ

I love planes "assholes" are part of the experience.

If you're nice to the flight attendants they usually let you hang out in the galley (with the nice flight attendant chairs) and give you extra food (the gourmet stuff they serve in first class), but that was a year ago...dunno about now.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post

I can't wait until I am unknowingly on a flight that you're on, sitting right behind you with my two adorably little angels....who will have injested twice thier own body weight in sugar five minutes before boarding and have only brought along laser guns with sound effects. What fun, eh?
    Don't forget to have the gallon size jugs of Mountain Dew ready to wash the sugar down! Kids+sugar+caffeine = total hellions!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information