Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Allergic to electricity? Really hippies?

A couple years ago I was so close to a lightning strike that my eyes went wonky. Eveything in my vision was green for a couple of weeks and I wasn't supposed to use the computer. That was some scary shit. Actually my husband has bad dreams about it instead of me. When the cops called him he thought they said I was actually struck, but it was a bit in front of me.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Explains some stuff about you, Faithanne.

And I can still get onboard the wtf-ing about some of the hippie beliefs the OP encountered. Sure, there may be something to it in some people's experience but there is some extreme shit just not rooted in reality that a lot of these hippies believe in. It's exhausting to listen to when they ramble on about it, they come off as crackpots. At some point it does seem like first-world problems.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    There's one school of thought (my mother, RIP) who said the lightning was looking for me because it managed to travel downhill and through a tiny gap in the window just to get to me, so therefore I must attract electricity (not because of my good looks though). Everyone else seems to think the lightning stike caused my Electro-Powers but I remember having those problems as a little kid way before I was struck.
    If you were electro-girl before the strike, I tend to agree with your mother. Use your powers for good.

Quote Originally Posted by azoria View Post
    Somewhere around here I put up a post about all of my various storage units and the agony involved with collecting and then getting rid of stuff......I have moved so many times never realizing I would never return to the place which I had left. I've always thought I would be going back 'home'. But home seems to have become a lifetime moving target.

So I've got all what is left of my grandmothers stuff (born 1894) in an outback place where I used to live about 1,000 miles away. My husband has assiduously pointed out that we are now as close to this stuff as we will ever be again. This stuff has just got to be dealt with. Stuff's gotta go. Somewhere. The expense is large.

I find a post on craigslist today that a person is looking to share vehicle/space/transport van of stuff from down there to up here. I jump on it.

I call the craigslist person and have a really nice conversation with this woman--but fuck is America full of weirdos or what? She tells me she is moving from her place "off the grid" to another even farther-out craphole because she is 'sensitive to electricity' and collects her own rainwater sans plumbing, and needs to move a couple of her favorite plants 1,000+ miles to a new place where she will hope to survive better her environmental allergies.

I've been to some pretty shitteous countries. I've seen children kicking flat airless soccer balls on dirt streets for fun, and washing themselves in tin bowls of trucked in water because there was no public water supply, no paved roads, and fuck all no dependable electricity for the darkness.

And this entitled/environmentally disabled American (with TWO vehicles) is grandiously moving at some good expense to another location where she has no employment (I'm betting she's collecting government subsidized disability, I'd put money on it) to a place where her allergy to electricity and other contemporary hazards is more bearable.....

--I found my temperature rising--

Hey lady, you could move to El Salvador or Bolivia or Tajikistan or another less electrical place where people live with shit nothing, and be happy! Oh but wait....the governments there won't subsidize your environmental allergies, which means that you would starve to death poste haste....and not two fucks would be given.

Her western sense of 'I, me, mine' just royally pissed me off.

When the shit hits the fan (and oh yes, it is coming) these kind of people will be the first to go. I doubt they will be missed.

Who the hell does she think she is?

/rant/off//
    Who are you to judge, people have problems with electricity all the time, go fuck off. There's so much research out there that proves this is a huge problem for people. It can effect some people more than others!!

One more electrifying fact about faithanne, great story!!

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    There's one school of thought (my mother, RIP) who said the lightning was looking for me because it managed to travel downhill and through a tiny gap in the window just to get to me, so therefore I must attract electricity (not because of my good looks though). Everyone else seems to think the lightning stike caused my Electro-Powers but I remember having those problems as a little kid way before I was struck.
    I've mentioned elsewhere that I have real problems with watches keeping time and even grinding to a halt in record time and whenever a household item has decided to blow up or a bulb has tripped a fuse it's usually me who was the one to flick the switch. I'm also extremely glad that I didn't read your post ten minutes ago when we had a thunderstorm overhead lol.

I do actually like thunderstorms thanks to Ma Kitty taking us out on to the step to watch them as children so we wouldn't develop a deadly fear of them like our cousins or my grandma's neighbour who used to lock herself in the cupboard under the stairs. The most spectacular thunder related thing I've seen was when I was a teenager; where we used to live had a pylon literally outside of our back garden and one day during a thunderstorm it took what I think was a glancing blow and it was SPECTACULAR! The whole thing was covered in bright blue electric snakes for a few seconds and huge orange balls of sparks showered down off it. I was mesmerised as I watched it happen from the safety of my bedroom window and only realised afterwards that it would have squished the house and me with it if it had come down. It was definitely something worth seeing though.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

^My mother's grandfather was on his porch watching a raging thunderstorm, mentioned to his wife he felt odd, then walked inside and dropped dead. My siblings loved reminding me of this every time a storm would brew. And I really LOVE storms but obviously am now reluctant to get amongst them.
    Kittylady likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information