Thread: Serendipity - Florida

Default Serendipity - Florida

Posh is probably the best word to describe the venerable Boca Raton Resort & Club in Florida. Expecting only pastelly and fussy colonial style, we were happy to see the fun decor of Serendipity cafe, just opened at the luxury resort. But we really shouldn’t be surprised. This cafe is the second only outlet of New York’s super-famous Serendipity 3.

It is the cafe with the crazy Alice-in-Wonderland decor that was opened in 1954 in New York (on East 58th and later moved to East 60th) by three party-hosting young men, Patch Caradine, Calvin Holt and Stephen Bruce. In addition to serving mad dessert and ice cream treats, they also offered — and still do — an extensive family-friendly menu. Celebrities of all kinds are regulars. In 2001, a movie was named after the cafe and starred John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale.

The Boca Raton outlet is the first time the 54-year-old Serendipity has been lured outside New York, so we assume they have really thought this out. Certainly the new 1,200-square-foot space looks amazing with its ice-creamy colors and signature light fixtures. .We’ll drink an Apricot Smush for that. - Tuija Seipell

It gives me a headache. Posh? Looks like an upscale icecream parlor
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

I love those light fixtures, they look like Tiffany style lamps. But yeah, no need for a thousand of those in one room...I suspect they were going for "whimsical" and ended up in "retarded."

Been going to "The Dip" since I was 15. I think it played a big part in loving the celebrity gossip.

The table by the clock was Andy Warhol's table. I saw everyone there. Cher with Tom Cruise, Jackie 0, saw Brooke Shields a few years ago, Sly Stallone. Mostly they bring their kids, except for Andy Warhol who I saw with the DuPont Twins. They were his arm candy and he bought them ice cream.

I always try to sit at Marilyn Monroe's table because it's in a cute little alcove.

The Boca restaurant is totally different, but all they have to do is get the recipes right because they really are unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Been going to "The Dip" since I was 15. I think it played a big part in loving the celebrity gossip.

The table by the clock was Andy Warhol's table. I saw everyone there. Cher with Tom Cruise, Jackie 0, saw Brooke Shields a few years ago, Sly Stallone. Mostly they bring their kids, except for Andy Warhol who I saw with the DuPont Twins. They were his arm candy and he bought them ice cream.

I always try to sit at Marilyn Monroe's table because it's in a cute little alcove.

The Boca restaurant is totally different, but all they have to do is get the recipes right because they really are unique.

Didn't you catch Warren, Annette & kids there, yet?
    They're known to visit the place often as well, when
    they're in the neighborhood.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Thanks for the picture of the original Chalet. I see what they were going for, and I think it falls short because the original really does have true character. The other seems like a fake Disney reproduction.

Thread Information