Thread: The world's best rooftop bars

Default The world's best rooftop bars

A dizzying 810ft above Bangkok, at the top of the State Tower, sits Sirocco

The real highlight, besides the views from the dining area, is the circular, glowing Sky bar where the only thing between you (sipping a suitably pricey cocktail) and street level - 63 floors below - is a clear glass barrier.

Perched precariously atop the Wurmkogel mountain in the Austrian Alps, a visit to the Top Mountain Star (www.tophotelhochgurgl.com) is the perfect way to break the day's skiing - though, with a black and a blue run back down the mountain, go easy on the hard stuff

At 26,000 square feet and with a glowing 110ft pool at its centre, Miami's palm-fringed Plunge Bar and Lounge (www.gansevoortsouth.com) is currently the hottest ticket in town.

Eighteen storeys up and looking out on the Atlantic Ocean and the pastel sights of downtown Miami below, it is pretty spectacular by day and by night.

360 (www.360istanbul.com) in Istanbul is set against an incredible panorama – from St Antoine’s church belfry in the foreground, across to Hagia Sofia and out to the Sea of Marmara and the ideal place for gazing at Turkish glitz.

Escape dusty, hectic Mumbai at the Dome Terrace Sky Bar (www.mumbai.intercontinental.com). A glass dome houses a stylish circular bar coolly decked out in monochrome

Thirteen floors up, The Rooftop Bar (www.standardhotels.com) at The Standard hotel in Los Angeles allows visitors a spectacular view of skyscrapers against the night sky.

Entertainment is provided by DJs, live bands on Wednesdays and movies projected on to a neighbouring building.

The Rooftop Bar at Hotel Habita (www.hotelhabitamty.com) in Mexico is a minimalist masterpiece. Gather round the fire pit and down Vampiros tequila cocktails as the sun sets on the dramatic view of the city and the mountains beyond.

The Penthouse in Madrid (www.me-by-melia.com) is the only European outpost of the rapidly expanding empire of Rande Gerber, the American nightlife impresario, but it is just as flash and successful as his stateside venues.

The closest you will get to an Ibiza vibe in London, The Roof Top Shoreditch House (www.sohohouse.com) attracts a cool crowd with chilled music and white loungers surrounding the rooftop pool.

The adjoining restaurant and bar area is semi-covered and has a large open-air barbecue at its centre.

New York is awash with rooftop bars, but the Hudson (www.hudsonhotel.com) in Midtown Manhattan still wins hands down.
    Escape the hubbub by heading to the tree-lined Sky Terrace, order a white mint lemonade and hit the loungers to take in sweeping views down 9th Avenue and glimpses of the Hudson River.

The world's best rooftop bars - Telegraph

Hit By Ban Bus!

Any one of these would do me just fine.

same here, breathtaking!
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

I've been to The Hudson. I take out of town guests there all the time.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Gondolen in Stockholm has some pretty amazing views.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Amazing. Though it would be kinda scary if one were tipsy and fell over, or even worse, got sick and hurled a technicolor yawn all over the side.

Zee

I love rooftop bars and will have to check out the Hudson.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Very pretty.

Thread Information