Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The World's 10 best airports

Default The World's 10 best airports

(I've been to the number 1 choice, it's cool but didn't think it was spectacular not that I have been to many airports)

In Depth: World's Best Airports - Forbes.com

10. Cape Town, South Africa

This modern airport in South Africa has simple amenities that go a long way. For a small tip, porters will transport your luggage from one terminal to the next. A medical clinic serves passengers with aches and pains. There are several lounges for airline members, as well as passengers who don't mind paying a fee for access. And those who want to pray before or after takeoff can be accommodated in a quiet room.

9. Helsinki, Finland

If flying makes you frazzled, then passing through this capital city airport will soothe your nerves. The airport maintains a meditation room meant to create a "calm ambiance" for all passengers. But fliers who thrive on working non-stop won't be disappointed either, since there are several working lounges with pay-to-use wireless Internet. If you'd rather shop and nosh, there are plenty of opportunities to do that as well.

8. Zürich, Switzerland

This airport aims to serve all passengers well but makes a point of catering to VIPs by coordinating on-the-ground limousine service, event planning and access to a VIP lounge. Passengers can also rent day rooms with a kitchen and wake-up call service. The pampering even goes as far as childcare. The airport staffs nurseries and playrooms with trained childcare providers. They are proficient in various languages and will keep an eye on children who are accompanied by an adult.

7. Copenhagen, Denmark

Passing through the Copenhagen airport is an aesthetic experience; the terminals feature works of art and place a visual emphasis on architecture. Passengers even walk on brightly polished wooden floors. It's a cozy environment for an airport that receives 60,000 passengers daily. When not admiring the surroundings, passengers are shopping at Burberry and Gucci boutiques and swigging Danish microbrews.

6. Kansai, Japan

The Japanese are known for design, and this Osaka airport is no exception. Built on a man-made island, this sleek structure opened in 1994 and served 16.7 million passengers last year. They may keep returning for perks like on-site dentist and doctor's offices, a DVD and movie rental service, VIP meeting rooms and a pet hotel.

5. Munich, Germany

Staff here want you to be "carefree and relaxed," according to the airport's Web site. To this end, they offer miniature golf, a 60-seat cinema, and cosmetic and physiotherapy services, among other cutting-edge amenities. The airport also promotes aviation technology and history with educational experiences like behind-the-scenes tours and "kinderterminals," a touchscreen that allows children to learn more about how an airport works.

4. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This airport has won several accolades since opening in 1998. In addition to ranking forth in Skytrax's World Airport Awards, it also ranked first on the company's list of airports with the best immigration service. While passengers are almost guaranteed a seamless arrival and departure experience, they can also enjoy free wi-fi, luxury shopping and reflexology and massage services.

3. Seoul Incheon, South Korea

If the 72-hole golf course at this seven-year-old South Korean airport is any indication, your experience at Seoul Incheon will be both relaxing and enjoyable. Passengers can also take advantage of the on-site hair salon, a children's play room and a business center with overseas shipping. The airport's Web site even maintains a list of activities by the number of hours a passenger must wait. If you're within eight hours of a flight, try using the shower and massage services.

2. Singapore Changi, Singapore

Since Skytrax began ranking airports in 1999, Singapore Changi has placed first twice. The airport was built in 1981, and it has since added more terminals that cater to both budget and luxury passengers. The up-to-date services and amenities include an indoor orchid garden, a rooftop swimming pool, themed television lounges and a free sight-seeing tour for those who have at least five hours prior to their connecting flight.

1. Hong Kong International Airport, China

It's no wonder that this airport has taken the top honors for seven years. It's easy to navigate and equipped with passenger-friendly amenities like free wireless Internet and a pay-to-use arrival lounge. Business and leisure travelers can also get to downtown Hong Kong quickly on an express train service. Other perks include plenty of shopping, a mix of regional and international eateries and a program that allows frequent visitors to clear immigration quickly.

i saw a special about the China airport, it seems spectacular!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

i love the zürich airport.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    i saw a special about the China airport, it seems spectacular!
    Sure you're not thinking about the brand new airport at Beijing, China? That is going to be amazing. My son is going on a school trip to China in October and can't want to see the new airport.

Hong Kong airport is huge so you don't get the feeling it's overcrowded even at busy times. It also has a fantastic fast rail service into downtown Hong Kong which gets you there in less than 20 minutes.

I'm amazed that Los Angeles LAX doesn't make the Top 10
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I can't believe Newark's not on there.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Hit By Ban Bus!

my hometown airport's not on there

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    I can't believe Newark's not on there.
    Sorry, that just cracked me up. I've spent countless hours in the Newark airport waiting for international travel. That airport is such a shit hole, it really is! Plus, I swear to you, every single person there was such an ass hole! I'm sure there were some nice people in the mix, but I never saw them.

The stuff about the CPT airport is not true. It's crappy. It'll be better in 2010, but it is awful now.

Let's start a list with the ten worst airports:

1. Heathrow
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Roissy.i hate it,i always get lost in there..
    and yes Heathrow sucks..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

i hate roissy too but i've never had any problems at heathrow.

milan malpensa

miami

washington dulles

santo domingo. i don't know if it's still that crappy but the only time i was there, the air conditioning had broken down and with all the glass windows in the place, it was like a greenhouse. and the toilets were broken, flooded and fetid. worst 3 hours ever.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I don't mind Heathrow. It can't be helped that it is so busy. I don't like having to be bussed from one terminal to another, but otherwise I've never had a real problem there.

Charles de Gaulle (is that Roissy?) is the airport I hate most. The layout is ridiculous and the 'organization' is a mess. It's just terribly confusing and it's hard to find a comfortable seats as most of them are made out of bare metal. I had a 9 hour layover there last year- total nightmare.

I hated the airport in Frankfurt too. It seemed crowded and chaotic. Same with Atlanta.

The only airport on this list I've been to is Copenhagen Airport. It was nice until they took out most of the seats to make room for more businesses. I like Schipol better.

Yes,Roissy is CDG..and dont get me started on the security checks there..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Silver Member

Love this thread!
    O'hare is a good one.
    I like Munich International Airport too.

Whaa? Detroit Metro didn't make the list? Color me shocked
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

When was the last time you were at Detroit Metro? It improved a great deal between the first time I was there and the second time.
    Last edited by Ravenna; July 18th, 2008 at 11:35 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information