Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7 Most Extreme Roller Coasters

i think this list may be out of date. I am a coward on rollercoasters but the Tower of Terror (Dreamworld) is a walk in the park compared to Superman Escape at Movieworld on the Gold Coast

YouTube - The Superman Ride At Waner Brother Movie World Australia

Statswise it accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in two seconds. I have only been on this ride once as it freaks the living shit outta me.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    i think this list may be out of date. I am a coward on rollercoasters but the Tower of Terror (Dreamworld) is a walk in the park compared to Superman Escape at Movieworld on the Gold Coast

Statswise it accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in two seconds. I have only been on this ride once as it freaks the living shit outta me.
    Kingda Ka accelerates from 0 to 206 km/h (128mph)in 3.5 seconds, and the climb/drop is 139 meters (456 feet).. just very slighly slower and lower with Top Thrill Dragsta. Like falling off a 40 story building..

Also with Top Thrill Dragsta (420 feet tall):

On very rare occasions a combination of the weight distribution of the train, the force of the launch, and the wind can balance the train on top of the tower causing it to stall. This has happened three times when loaded. Once on Friday, June 24, 2005, the green train was launched and came to rest at the top of the tower. The same incident occurred on Saturday, October 25, 2008 and also on Monday, May 25, 2009.
    ^^This would freak me out a bit. An employee has to climb up there by ladder and push the damn thing to get it to go over..there is video of this being done on Youtube.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I am a wuss on thrill rides, and I've been on the Tower of Terror a few times, and it's not that terrifying of a feeling. I shut my eyes the whole time, because it's a natural reaction for me, and the feeling ain't that bad. I'd probably be more freaked out if I saw myself going up the vertical tower. Anyway... there's worse rides at Dreamworld.

You wouldn't even get me on Superman!

There's a 3D movie at Dreamworld of being front row on the worlds biggest rollercoasters, and my friend, who can ride anything without worry, freaks out. It's the only thing that gets to her. It's a little intense for the body to be watching it and not be moving. It does make you feel sick.

Apart from Tower of Terror, I wouldn't get on ANY of those rollercoasters on the list. Especially not Dodonpa or Griffon.

i used to be able to ride any coaster, none of it scared me. but ever since i had kids, i get freaking motion sickness so bad, i can't ride.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I always turn into a drama queen when I'm in the queue and see that "don't ride if you have.." sign. I'm like "How do I know if I have a heart condition?" haha. I swear my heart is tightened so badly on some rides, and releases just in time. It's a scary feeling, or maybe it's the effect of adrenaline and everyone gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Kingda Ka accelerates from 0 to 206 km/h (128mph)in 3.5 seconds, and the climb/drop is 139 meters (456 feet).. just very slighly slower and lower with Top Thrill Dragsta. Like falling off a 40 story building..

I'm not questioning the other rides on the list, you couldn't pay me enough to get on any of those. Just saying the Tower of Terror is piss poor compared to the rest of the coasters on that list. I think the Superman Escape should be in there instead of the Tower of Terror. Wonder how much they pay people to be the first ones to test a roller coaster??

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    I am a wuss on thrill rides, and I've been on the Tower of Terror a few times, and it's not that terrifying of a feeling. I shut my eyes the whole time, because it's a natural reaction for me, and the feeling ain't that bad. I'd probably be more freaked out if I saw myself going up the vertical tower. Anyway... there's worse rides at Dreamworld.

You wouldn't even get me on Superman!

There's a 3D movie at Dreamworld of being front row on the worlds biggest rollercoasters, and my friend, who can ride anything without worry, freaks out. It's the only thing that gets to her. It's a little intense for the body to be watching it and not be moving. It does make you feel sick.

Apart from Tower of Terror, I wouldn't get on ANY of those rollercoasters on the list. Especially not Dodonpa or Griffon.
    I find the Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster scarier than the Tower of Terror. I have only been on the Superman Escape once ... NEVER AGAIN. I wanted to cry lol.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I'm not questioning the other rides on the list, you couldn't pay me enough to get on any of those. Just saying the Tower of Terror is piss poor compared to the rest of the coasters on that list. I think the Superman Escape should be in there instead of the Tower of Terror. Wonder how much they pay people to be the first ones to test a roller coaster??
    The youtube video makes it look like a fun ride..not very long though. Lots of extreme drops...much fun. I would like that one. I like the huge drops that have you flying out of your seat, and high speed more than the coasters that have loops or real extreme twists.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW68Aw053Nc[/YOUTUBE]

This is my favorite coaster, Magnum XL at Cedar Point. First drop is 200 feet. Great ride-best in the back as in the vid.

I'd try them all if I could, I'm a huge fan of roller coasters
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Elite Member

I'd ride them all, I love roller coasters. My 6yo a coaster junkie too. Last year, when he was five, he got the golden 48in bracelet. Which meant he got to ride some of the grown up ones.

In a couple years, him and I, are ditching hubbs and little kid, for a weekend at Cedar Point. We both want to ride the Millennium Force, and he wants to ride the Magnum XL, while I want my Mean Streak.

The Beast is still my favorite though, always will be I think. Though I was sad, the last time we went to Kings Island, they took the loop out of Son of the Beast (that was the best part), and the King Cobra was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i used to be able to ride any coaster, none of it scared me. but ever since i had kids, i get freaking motion sickness so bad, i can't ride.
    Me too. I get motion sickness from playground swings now
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Oooooh I LOVE roller coasters! We live approximately 3 hrs from Cedar Point, so we try to make it down there every year.

The Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster are both a lot of fun.

Soj, I agree on the Magnum! Great ride.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Once was enough for me when I was 9. I can totally understand those who love them.

I'm afraid to watch the videos. I'll try to watch one of the one's from Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by CherryDarling View Post
    Oooooh I LOVE roller coasters! We live approximately 3 hrs from Cedar Point, so we try to make it down there every year.

The Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster are both a lot of fun.

Soj, I agree on the Magnum! Great ride.
    Of course every one of them has had people injured on them.

two cars crashed together (10mph..which is alot in a roller coaster car) with the Magnum, cable break and shrapnel spewing and hitting people in the cars on Top Thrill, and something happened before with Millenium Force..can't remember what it is.

I could be mean and post pics/videos of several accidents..

There is a good one of the Xcelerator accident on youtube..front seat view of a father and son when going up the hill, the cable broke, sliced through the car, and lacerated the kids calf. Scary because you are looking right at them as it happened.

Worst accident I can remember was the Mindbender accident at the West Edmonton Mall... horror!

Still I would ride them all..the worst/most deadly ones are those damn carnival rides.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

no thank you, lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information