Thread: Hawaii - Waikiki Beach

Default Hawaii - Waikiki Beach

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Hawaii in 2008.... we need to save some money since we just came back from Africa... however, my boyfriend would love to stay at Waikiki Beach...
    Have anyone of you been to Hawaii or Waikiki Beach? Tips on what to see, where to stay etc etc?
    Or great websites or books we need to read before the trip?

Thanks a lot
    Life is a journey - it's the passion that takes you further than your dreams

We go to Maui every year. It's very nice. Kind of slow if you're interested in nightlife though. The snorkeling and diving are great. I've also been to the big Island and we stayed in Kona. That's very pretty too.

You'll have a great time whatever island you go to. It's so beautiful and peaceful.

We've talked a little more about our vacation... and now it seems like we're staying 10 days (or so) on the big island (honolulu) and maybe one of the islands.
    Where do you stay in Maui? What are the prices like in Hawaii, is it expensice dining out?
    We are not particular interested in the nightlife, however it is very nice to go out at night to a bar to drink a couple of drinks... dancing and heavy partying is not one of our main interest on the trip

Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    We've talked a little more about our vacation... and now it seems like we're staying 10 days (or so) on the big island (honolulu) and maybe one of the islands.
    Where do you stay in Maui? What are the prices like in Hawaii, is it expensice dining out?
    We are not particular interested in the nightlife, however it is very nice to go out at night to a bar to drink a couple of drinks... dancing and heavy partying is not one of our main interest on the trip

We stay in Wailea. My family has a place there so were lucky with that. It's very expensive to stay and eat. You might want to look into renting a condo. My brother and his wife rented a place for about $1000 for a week when they stayed in Kona. Everything is way over-priced, but the stay is so worth it. It really is a paradise.

can I go with you. hehehe

Elite Member

i stayed on the kawaii (sp?) island when i went with my family..it was lovely, the beaches and the scenery...

Quote Originally Posted by Picara View Post
    We stay in Wailea. My family has a place there so were lucky with that. It's very expensive to stay and eat. You might want to look into renting a condo. My brother and his wife rented a place for about $1000 for a week when they stayed in Kona. Everything is way over-priced, but the stay is so worth it. It really is a paradise.

Great, we're gonna look for condo
    We also need to get a little more information about the islands Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greeneyedbeauty View Post
    can I go with you. hehehe
    Of course
    I will pack my stuff light and leave some room for you in my suitcase

Quote Originally Posted by xoxo View Post
    i stayed on the kawaii (sp?) island when i went with my family..it was lovely, the beaches and the scenery...
    I will do some reading about kawaii
    I do believe we need almost 3 weeks now so we can get the time to travel to these different places

Bronze Member

aloha...i live here on oahu, i can give you some ideas if you pm me. theres something for everyone and every budget. i'm also a former travel agent..so i kinda get into these things..kauai is extremely beautiful, but its also very country...depends on what you want to do..there is an island or two for every taste! pm me, i'd be happy to guide you in the right direction!

Thanks a lot, I will

Thread Information