Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for all our world travelers...where would you go?

Default Question for all our world travelers...where would you go?

My husband and I are planning a 7-10 day get away sometime between May and July. Would you guys give your top 3-4 favorite vacation spots? I'd love to have more ideas!

SVZ

Small town in Italy!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Turquoise Coast (Antalya or Bodrum, Turkey). The jet setters go there for fewer crowds, more privacy. Beautiful views, impeccable hospitality, incredible food. Gotta do the "Blue Journey". It's awesome.

I have Italy on my list already SVZ!!

Mira, I'm off to google. The name alone sounds beautiful.

Keep em coming.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Great! The Blue Journey is very cool, a lot of people do it, celebs and civilians too. Varying levels of class and cost, just like hotels and restaurants.

It's where a group of people charter a boat and the captain sails, cooks, serves drinks, etc. I think they last anywhere from one day to a week. And I guess now they call it "The Blue Cruise."

You gotta like fish though, because you catch it and the crew cooks it. A great party time if you like that sort of thing.

Lots of raki (Arak) on those boats too

I've been to Italy, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Scotland, England, Madeira Island (Portugese Island close to Morocco). I'm going to Thailand in April.
    I have a Norwegian boyfriend who works here in Philadelphia. He goes home a couple times a year, and I go with him. Then when we are there, we just drive and take ferries to other nearby countries. Obviously we had to fly to some. Thailand for sure. Not looking forward to the 22 hour journey though.

I would love to go to Bora Bora and South Africa!!!
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Elite Member

Kenyan safari, figi islands, south of france, tahiti, budapesht, moscow

My favorite country in the world is Sri Lanka. I go there as often as I can. It's a magical place with magical powers. It's hard to explain, but just setting foot on its grounds has made me a happier person. I think everyone should go there at least once.

Another lovely place to go to is South Africa, a very interesting country I just can't get enough of.

My third favorite country is Belice, just because it's so laid back and charming.

My favorite country in Europe is probably France. Or Italy.

If you decide to go to any of those places, let me know, I'll give you all the inside information.

New Zealand is ASTOUNDING!!! You'd probably need at least 3 weeks though to see it all - so so so so beautiful!!!
    Curiouser and curiouser...

I would say,Greece,France,Spain.
    If you need any tips,i am willing,as i do my travelling on my own and
    i ve done a lot of searching.
    have a good time.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

What kind of things do you like to do? Outdoor stuff? Museum/the Arts stuff? Standard tourists sites or off the beaten track places?

Five star restaurants or local places? Trying to meet the locals and learn the language, or just there for the scenery and beaches?

It would help in offering suggestions.....

Need me to carry a few bags?

A*O

Yeah - it's impossible to suggest anywhere unless you give us an idea of your 'ideal' place.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

You guys have already offered some great suggestions. I have them all written down to research.

Here's the thing, I was diagnosed with some medical crap and will be done with all of my treatments/surgery by May or June of this year. My husband and I decided to take a week for the two of us just to relax and get away from hosptials, needles and people carrying radioactive substances.

We're totally open to most places. My immediate reaction is that I'd like to go to a beach and drink out of a coconut but I'd also love to get out and sightsee. My energy might still be low so I don't think I could do a big Europe tour (though maybe spending a week in one place would be good).

We always tend to think of the same places so I was hoping people would give me ideas about places I might not have thought of.

Does that help?

I travel to Spain and Portugal for business and they are easy countries to travel between. There are resorts in both countries of all types, from super exclusive to family-oriented. Coasts of both countries are gorgeous and both have mountainous regions and deserts as well as forests.

The food is good and slightly similar to each other, but with cultural differences. The wines are tremendous. The locals have always bent over backward to help me. They are not like other countries (who shall remain nameless) and are thrilled when you make an effort to speak in their language no matter how crappy you are linguistically (like me....). Every time I have ever asked for directions, they usually take me by the hand to be sure I get where I want to go. Lovely people.

That would be my first suggestion for you. Going there always takes me back a few centuries.....I would think it is a great place to "rest and recuperate" as well as escape the daily drudge.

I, again, offer my bag-carrying abilities.....

Thanks Cynic. We were actually talking about Portugal last night. How are they with American's who don't speak a lick of their language though? Still nice?

I'd love to have you in my bag. Everyone of your posts makes me laugh out loud. You'd have to get rid of the creepy eyes and teeth though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information