Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Nudist restaurant in Paris, France

Default Nudist restaurant in Paris, France

Hi Mo.

I CANNOT deal with this because I hate skin. Or my perception of nasty skin. Not baby skin cause that's pretty and soft. The concept of this restaurant is for other's to enjoy. I'm just reporting.

Beef in the buff? Paris opens its first nudist restaurant serving lobster, foie gras and snails to diners dressed in nothing but slippers

• A Paris restaurant has begun serving up classic French fare to diners in the nude
    • Located in southwest Paris, O'naturel is billed as the capital's first nudist eatery
    • Diners leave their clothes and phones in changing rooms before taking their seat

People only get to be nudists in the summer,' said Stephane, 42, suggesting that his restaurant offers the perfect experience during colder climes.
    O'naturel boasts a minimalist decor and a menu of upmarket French bistro cuisine - lobster, foie gras and snails with parsley cream sauce - priced at $57.50 for three courses.
    A large white curtain over the windows shields diners from gawpers outside.
    Clothes must be left in the cloakroom along with mobile phones, to prevent people from sneaking a photo of their fellow customers.

The diners are then provided with slippers to wear, though women - who make up 40 percent of the clientele, according to the managers - may keep their heels on.The black chair covers are discreetly changed between sittings.
    O'naturel is considerably warmer in November than the roughly 460 designated outdoor nudist spots around France, most of them beaches and campsites.
    The capital trialed a nudist area in its Bois de Vincennes park in October, while Parisians can swim in the buff several times a week at a public pool.

But Yves Leclerc, the president of the French Naturist Federation, was thrilled at the idea of being able to strip off for dinner.'We're in the heart of Paris and we're eating naked. It's a little surreal,' he said, sitting at one of the restaurant's 20 tables.
    'It's like when we're on holiday, but it's even better,' he said, lamenting that at home, in Leucate on the southwest coast, 'I have to put my clothes on to go to a restaurant.'

The restaurant, which opened its doors earlier this month, is the latest in a series of nude eateries to pop up around the world, from London to Melbourne to Tokyo.'Our role is to put people at ease,' said Stephane.
    'As soon as they enter the dining room, we accompany them to their table and we reassure them that it's not like the whole room is looking at them.'
    The only fabric visible in the room is the table cloths, the napkins and the clothes of the two managers who also serve as waiters.

+10

Clothes must be left in the cloakroom along with mobile phones, to prevent people from sneaking a photo of their fellow customers

Under the law, the Saada brothers insist, they have to be dressed - unlike at nude London restaurant The Bunyadi which opened briefly last year, where the staff were topless.
    Five young men sit down at a table, laughing at each other, before recovering from their giggles as they inspect the menu.
    Alexandre, a 21-year-old firefighter, said he found the restaurant 'serious and intimate'.
    'We are really with honest people here,' he said. Before he walked in, he noted, a passerby had shouted: 'Enjoy your naked dinner!'
    Jimmy Denis, a 28-year-old soldier, admitted he had been 'a bit apprehensive' ahead of the dinner, and said he was grateful that the restaurant was warm.
    'I'm glad I worked out this morning,' he joked.
    The restaurant is only open for dinner, strictly by reservation.
    Stephane said he and his brother try to stop 'bad surprises' from the wrong type of guest.
    'We might reject someone, or explain to them that if they're looking to hook up, they should go somewhere else,' he said.

+10

The only fabric visible in the room is the table cloths, the napkins and the clothes of the two managers who also serve as waiters

+10

Dishes are classic French inspired including lobster, foie gras and snails

His brother Mike added: 'Nudity doesn't have to mean sexuality.'
    While many in a country used to nudity might shrug at the idea of enjoying a plate of scallops while starkers, the restaurant has raised eyebrows among some neighbours who note it is next to a creche.
    'I've got nothing against nudism on the beach,' said Donatella Charter, a 42-year-old interpreter. 'But eating in the buff with other people, I don't get it.'

Read more: Paris opens first nudist restaurant O'naturel | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Nope. The idea of sitting down where someone's bare ass has been is just nasty.

My people!

Ew no thank you.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Well, this works for me.

Wasn't meant to be a nudist restaurant, but Mo stole their underwear...

Yeah not for me.. nudists are generally people who should probably keep their clothes on. Plus I drop food far too often for that to be a safe option.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    Yeah not for me.. nudists are generally people who should probably keep their clothes on. Plus I drop food far too often for that to be a safe option.
    But think of all the money you'll save in dry cleaning bills!
    Sleuth and MohandasKGanja like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

The chairs. Imagine the staff at the end of the night having to deal with the chairs.

^ EEEEEEEwwwwww. GROSS , I thought the same thing.

Urghh. Nope. No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ADel View Post
    The chairs. Imagine the staff at the end of the night having to deal with the chairs.
    At any nudist place, the rule is that you have to bring a towel and sit on the towel. Not directly on the chair or couch, etc. The restaurant probably hands them out at the door.

Quote Originally Posted by ADel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    At any nudist place, the rule is that you have to bring a towel and sit on the towel. Not directly on the chair or couch, etc. The restaurant probably hands them out at the door.
    Didn't anyone read the article? The chairs are covered in black fabric which is removed and changed "discreetly" between guests.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post

I hope no one orders the hot fajita plate.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information