Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By emkat
  • 1 Post By louiswinthorpe111
  • 1 Post By stella blue
  • 2 Post By MmeVertigina
  • 1 Post By stella blue

Thread: Greenville South Carolina (Work Trip)

Default Greenville South Carolina (Work Trip)

I recently found out my job is sending me to train for a few days in Greenville South Carolina next month.

I haven't been on an airplane since before 9-11 (like 2 weeks before) - what to expect? I'm considering just taking a carry on BC I just *know* my baggage will get lost (no, I don't have any concrete reason). Tips? Tricks?

Also, I may have one evening out - any suggestions on must sees in the city? Any suggestions to look at I really appreciate. I'm slightly terrified... Stalking up on clozapam
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

I also had not flown since July 2001 until a recent trip to Orlando. I was very surprised by the large carry-ons. Had I known such a large size was allowed we would probably not have packed any bags to be checked. Could have saved money there! I also stocked up on xanax lol. It was smooth flying!
    Seapharris7 likes this.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

There's new rules about 4oz of liquid product, hairspray, shampoo, etc. I have a volumizer that's 5oz, that my hometown airport hassles me about every time, yet no large airport bats an eye.

No locks on luggage anymore. Size/weight requirements on luggage so double check for carry on and checked baggage.
    Seapharris7 likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Elite Member

Hit up Main Street. There are lots of good restaurants (The Lazy Goat, Tupelo Honey, Smoke on the Water, for example.) Main Street has tons of shops and stuff, and there is a ton of live music going on around town. Let me know when you're going to be around and I'll see what's going on. I live right outside Greenville and I love it. (If you'd told me when I was growing up that it would turn out to be a nice town, I'd have said you were on crack, but hey, things change.) There's a really nice bike path that you can rent a bike and hop on downtown and ride for miles, if that's something you're into.
    Seapharris7 likes this.

Thank you Stella! It looks like I'll be getting in the evening of Oct 11th. Is it usually cold in October? I'm in south Texas and I'm mostly excited to see this thing I hear about, "Fall". The next day is training mostly, but I figure that night (Wednesday) everyone will get to go out/grab dinner/drinks. I'll be with other reps from all over the US. Plus I know I'll have to get souvenirs.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    There's new rules about 4oz of liquid product, hairspray, shampoo, etc. I have a volumizer that's 5oz, that my hometown airport hassles me about every time, yet no large airport bats an eye.

No locks on luggage anymore. Size/weight requirements on luggage so double check for carry on and checked baggage.
    There are special TSA approved locks that you can buy, I think we found ours at Target or even CVS, TSA has a key that unlocks them I guess. HTH!

Elite Member

No it won't be cold yet but it hopefully won't be as blistering hot as it's still been this week. If you're still around that weekend there's a huge festival Fall For Greenville going on. So much fun!
    Seapharris7 likes this.

Thread Information