• 10 Post By JazzyGirl
  • 1 Post By sprynkles
  • 1 Post By JazzyGirl
  • 1 Post By BITTER
  • 1 Post By stella blue
  • 1 Post By JazzyGirl
  • 1 Post By sprynkles
  • 1 Post By BITTER

Thread: Travel Bucket List - checked a few items off!!!

Default Travel Bucket List - checked a few items off!!!

Always wanted to see canyons and monumental rock formations...boy did we ever! Not my pics - but these are the places we visited!

We spent 2 nights in Sedona, Arizona. Amazing Red Rocks - great people!

Spent one night at the Grand Canyon: Almost too immense to comprehend. Awe inspiring.

Spent the next 5 nights in a house overlooking Lake Powell - on the AZ/Utah border. We kayaked in the lake!:

From there we visited Bryce Canyon in Utah - a favorite as you can hike to the canyon floor in about 20-30 minutes and be surrounded by hoodoos!

We ended our trip with a visit to antelope canyon - an amazing slot canyon that looks like ribbon swirls. The guides take your cameras and phones and help you re-do settings so you actually get amazing pictures - it is breathtaking.

I just had to share as this was one of the best vacations my family and I have ever taken. If you have not been to this part of the US I highly recommend it!

Feeling grateful!!!

Sounds so awesome. I have always wanted to go to Sedona. I've heard it's one of those magical mystical vortexy places.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Sounds so awesome. I have always wanted to go to Sedona. I've heard it's one of those magical mystical vortexy places.
    One of our guides told us that all of Sedona is vortex-y, but certain places are stronger than others. I want to re-visit Sedona - you get the beauty of the rocks and all the activities with the convenience of a town. I actually teared up in the lobby of the hotel saying good-bye. The staff said it's very common to feel emotionally off balance in Sedona!
    sprynkles likes this.

I've never been to Lake Powell, but when I worked for ARAMARK, they had the contract for concessions there, and it was one of their largest clients.
    JazzyGirl likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Elite Member

Great pics - looks like a fantastic trip! Some of those rock formations are really spooky looking.

I've done several trips out that way and there's still so much to see. Growing up near the Appalachains, I never thought the desert would appeal to me, but there really is some kind of vortex-y stuff out there that just draws you in. And it's beyond gorgeous. At some point in life, it really is worth doing the hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon. But do it in the winter - it's hot as balls out there this time of year.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I've never been to Lake Powell, but when I worked for ARAMARK, they had the contract for concessions there, and it was one of their largest clients.
    I could not get over the size of it. I was a bit nervous to kayak, thought we would be dodging the wake of all the water skiers and jet skiers. Nope, plenty if room for everyone.
    BITTER likes this.

I really want to see this too. I just saw a travel show about this place. Fabulous.

I'd like to put Scandinavia, Ireland and Bora Bora on my bucket list.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyGirl View Post
    I could not get over the size of it. I was a bit nervous to kayak, thought we would be dodging the wake of all the water skiers and jet skiers. Nope, plenty if room for everyone.
    Are the water levels still low?
    JazzyGirl likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Are the water levels still low?
    I believe they said the Lake is about 60% capacity. Of course it doesn't seem low, but you can see the high water line high up on the canyon walls.

Thread Information