Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Charmed Hour
  • 1 Post By Daphne
  • 1 Post By LaFolie
  • 1 Post By Charmed Hour

Thread: Thinking Paris in Spring

Default Thinking Paris in Spring

I'm thinking about booking a trip to Paris for spring/summer 2015. Any recommendations for hotels, areas to stay, etc?
    sprynkles likes this.

My husband and I did a London/Paris trip last year. We stayed at the La Maison Champs Elysees. It's a more crowded/touristy area in general (although the hotel is on a fairly quiet side street), but the advantage is we could walk everywhere from it. The only time we took the metro was to go to Versailles. We walked to the Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, Musee d'Orsay, Palais Garnier, Notre Dame, Sainte-Chapelle, and Les Invalides. Our favorite neighborhoods to explore were Saint-Germain-des-Pres and Le Marais. It's an amazing city and you will have a fabulous time.
    sprynkles likes this.

Charmed Hour, you HAVE TO pm me!!!!!
    InigoMontoya likes this.
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

Oh, gosh, yes! Though I was there in the late 80s, lived there for a couple of months as a nanny in the 16th. Hotels I can't help with; if you want to go super fancy, though, the George V is one. In addition to the above-mentions Daphne suggested, the Bois de Bologne is a neat park during the day. Had a cafe and mini-amusement park. But back then, at night, it was where johns went to get laid and the prostitutes would take them into the bushes of a somewhat remote area of the Bois. No idea if that's still happening.

Back then, Les Bain Douches was the cool club to go to -- no idea if it is still around. The flea markets at Les Puces were also fun. Versailles is amazing, especially if you go with a native who can tell you history and fun stories passed down by word of mouth (likely rumors) that don' t make it into the history books.

Paris Flea Markets, Flea Markets in Paris - Paris Perfect

i rode the metro a lot, and it is so easy to navigate.

The Chateau de Vincennes is a great tour and IIRC not that far from Paris. We also went to the Loire Valley and toured those Chateaux. Pretty cool. Chenonceau was my fave. Didn't take us long to get there from Paris -- few hours? But we stayed at B&B for a couple of days to be able to take our time.

Châteaux of the Loire Valley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope you have a wonderful time and look forward to reading more about your trip next year!

Also, Montmartre, Place Vendome...

Will the Dildo Tree still be there? I guess if it's a Christmas tree they will have taken it down. LaFolie, have you seen it?

Brasserie Flo. Best profiteroles with chocolate sauce I've ever had. 7 Cour des Petites Écuries, 75010 Paris, France

A*O

You can walk practically everywhere in Paris anyway but if you don't want to do that the Metro is easy. I like to stay near the Jardins Luxembourg on the left bank which is away from the madness but only a 10 min walk to the river, Notre Dame, Louvre, etc. The Eiffel Tower is a little further away but still very accessible. Montmartre is worth a look and so is the Marais (Jewish) district but don't go on a Saturday! Versailles is out of town but magnificent so don't miss it.

The Paris flea markets are wonderful. I happened across a great one in the shadow of the St Sulpice church made famous in the Da Vinci Code. Very, very Creepy!
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Will the Dildo Tree still be there? I guess if it's a Christmas tree they will have taken it down. LaFolie, have you seen it?

Brasserie Flo. Best profiteroles with chocolate sauce I've ever had. 7 Cour des Petites Écuries, 75010 Paris, France
    Haven't been there in some time
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

I loved strolling in Canal Saint-Martin.
    "That's why you don't buy the cow you just pee on it." - Air Quotes

Thank you for all the recommendations. Paris is #1 on R's Bucket List so I'd like to go all out- give him his heart's desire type of thing.

La Folie, thanks I'll send a PM soon.
    LaFolie likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Joining any community is like a trend in these days sometimes people joined for getting some entertainment but sometime they want to get useful information and knowledge from other community members. I am new in thins forum and want to find out good friends i found this community is highly interesting.

Thread Information