Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Chalet
  • 1 Post By sputnik
  • 2 Post By Chalet

Thread: Playa del Carmen, Mexico area beach holiday. Can anyone help?

Default Playa del Carmen, Mexico area beach holiday. Can anyone help?

I haven't started researching hotels yet, thought I'd hit y'all up first. Room with an unobstructed view of the water, not too rustic, not too small, not too big. No resort (I don't do anything), no spa (don't touch me), just sleep, swim, walk, visit ruins, crystal blue water, watch sunset, eat nice food. Somewhere between Tulum and Playa Del Carmen I think.

Does anyone know what "Adult's Only" really means? Is it honeymooning couples and/or single's hooking up or a mix of different types just looking for a quiet getaway without children?

Have you thought about Isla mujeres? We have been to this area five times, and this is by far our favorite location, hands down. I thought I would hate it or feel too isolated, but it was perfect.

Tell me tell me! And what does one wear on a private plane?

Isla Mujeres is one of the ten municipalities of the Mexican state of Quintana Roo, on the Yucatán Peninsula. Most of the municipality is located on the mainland in the northeastern corner of the state.

Off to google!

I'm pretty sure there is a clothing optional beach there. And some kind of lifestyles hotel is located in the area

We loved it...peace and quiet all day, and then nightlife in Cancun a 25 minute ferry ride away

I stayed in an adults only resort in Cancun, and it really was just a variety of adults. It's easy to see on tripadvisor and other review sites which places are for hooking up & swapping, etc.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I'm pretty sure there is a clothing optional beach there. And some kind of lifestyles hotel is located in the area
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I stayed in an adults only resort in Cancun, and it really was just a variety of adults. It's easy to see on tripadvisor and other review sites which places are for hooking up & swapping, etc.
    Who are you two posting to? I'm like the Church Lady wrapped in nun's habit wrapped in a shroud. I was the only girl who went into the bathroom stall to change into my gym uniform in high school. My friend recommended Trip Advisor, so I'll have a look.

You guys are funny. Nudie beach and hooking up. Send over more Long Island Ice Teas!

I looked it up again. It looks like the beaches are mainly topless, not clothing optional. There is a lifestyler hotel there called The Palm. But it appears to be the only hotel of that nature.

Hey, yolo
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I haven't been to Playa del Carmen in about 10 years, but I'd consider doing an all-inclusive resort. I am not big on activities, either, but we found the price of the all-inclusive to be worth it for the food and alcohol alone. Most of the resorts are on beautiful private beaches and will coordinate excursions for you (looking at ruins, swimming with dolphins, etc) so you don't have to mess with all of the details. You just show up and they drive you to your excursion. And the food at the all-inclusive we stayed at was excellent. Huge variety and everything was delicious.

Some of the "Adults Only" allow 18+, so depending on the time that you go, you might run into high school or college students on spring break. The best way to avoid this is to go to a couples only resort.

I changed my mind about Mexico and here I come Turks and Caicos. I've been told it's absolutely gorgeous. Anyone been?

Never done this before, but I might have a go.

Flygirl likes this.

Oooh, I googled Turks and Caicos photos, gorgeous!! If you do go, make sure to protect against mosquito bites. We are going to the Virgin Islands this year and the travel agent said they've been getting advisories about Chikungunya and Dengue outbreaks in the Caribbean since last year.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Chalet the first thing you have to decide is, do you want to be surrounded by people or do you want a more secluded spot to relax?
    personally, if I wanted a place to relax by the beach, I'd want to get as far away from crowds as I could get, avoid resort towns like cancun and playa del Carmen, even tulum, and find a small, secluded hotel somewhere that isn't all inclusive and doesn't have a party vibe but then I'm antisocial and my idea of a relaxing vacation is to escape humanity and be in a beautiful spot with as much peace and quiet as possible.
    Flygirl likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

That's why I'm going to Turks. I plan to be anti social on steroids. All I want to do is see my feet when I'm up to my stomach in the water. I've never ridden a horse so I might try it.

I guess it's human nature, but the very first question I was asked by three out of four people I told was - who are you going with? They didn't care who it was, just that it was with somebody. My answer is always - with my favorite person who I love to spend oodles of time with and never have to talk to - me. People should try spending quality time with themselves, they might find they like themselves more than they realize.
    Flygirl and sputnik like this.

Thread Information