Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Suggestions for a cheap late break? (UK/Europe)

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Default Suggestions for a cheap late break? (UK/Europe)

The Bloke and I have been talking and as neither of us has had a 'real' holiday in years we're thinking of taking a short break away together, probably late in September or October. He's very well travelled and I'm not so I was hoping for some suggestions that I could throw in when we next discuss it.

Neither of us are the action holiday type but by the same token we'd both go mental if a holiday consisted of doing nothing more than lounging about the hotel bar. Ideas anyone?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Tallinn.

I've heard Croatia is lovely and very reasonably priced. Dubrovnik and the whereabouts, plenty of culture too.

And if you decide on Greece (not a very cheap choice) there are some great bargains for the time period you are thinking about and the weather will still be very nice.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Thanks guys! I'm filing all these suggestions away for when I see himself tomorrow I'd considered Hungary because I have a long time net friend there and the pictures they post look great but I'd not thought of Croatia or Estonia. My preference is for somewhere with places to explore and things to see so they definately sound great.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

Croatia looks gorgeous, I'd love to go there. People I know who have been there said it's a lovely place and the people are very hospitable.

croatia is incredible. depending on how much time you have you could go to montenegro as well. both are absolutely gorgeous.

you could also go to istanbul. absolutely amazing.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Taormina and Giardini Naxos. Lots to see and explore if that's your thing, a great beach if that's your thing, great food, bars, street musicians, dancers, etc.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Philadelphia.

I'm sticking with UK/European places as it's looking like the budget will be tight and time limited but we are hoping to go to the States together one day. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we'll be able to pull this off as a great opportunity to go to Italy this month fell apart due to him not being able to get time off work (only to be expected really as it is the school holidays).

Come to Scotland!! Go for a wee island hop around the Western Isles with Calmac Ferries, go glamping at Loch Lomond, enjoy the best seafood ever in Oban, see all the cool historical stuff in Stirling, shop in Glasgow, soak up the culture and amazing bars in Edinburgh. We really do have everything. The last short break I went on was to Islay and it was fantastic.
    McJag likes this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    Come to Scotland!! Go for a wee island hop around the Western Isles with Calmac Ferries, go glamping at Loch Lomond, enjoy the best seafood ever in Oban, see all the cool historical stuff in Stirling, shop in Glasgow, soak up the culture and amazing bars in Edinburgh. We really do have everything. The last short break I went on was to Islay and it was fantastic.
    I am dying to go to Scotland, I want to spend at least 2 weeks there driving and hiking and camping, especially in the really remote parts. I am so drawn to that type of landscape. I would love to do an Iceland and Scotland trip.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Iceland is high on my list of places to go too, it looks incredible. My old boss went there on a landrover exploring-type holiday and he said it was the best time he'd had, the only thing he said was that it was quite expensive.

Iif you can make it up here you should, it's definitely worth a visit. And in my new job I'm going to work for a big car rental place and I can get you mates rates on your car hire

Kitty, my bestie and I are going for a week in Majorca a week on Monday and it wasn't too pricey, we booked through sunmaster I think (bestie did all the booking) and it was reasonable.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Kari, I used to go to Moniaive (Dumfries & Galloway) every September for a bike rally and it's gorgeous up there. We often used to detour and visit Wanlockhead while we were there and the scenery was awesome to ride through. I've also spent a little bit of time in Glasgow and loved wandering around the Necropolis there. I wouldn't mind going back for another, longer wander about.

Yes! Tramping the moors!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Yes! Tramping the moors!
    I tried that in Yorkshire but the Hairy Chopstick ex was a prude.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information