Login to remove the ads!

Thread: Fiji, Vanuatu and New Caledonia. Anyone been?

Default Fiji, Vanuatu and New Caledonia. Anyone been?

So my husband and I are finally going on our honeymoon on an 11 night cruise around the pacific islands. We have two excursions booked one being a scenic drive/aquarium visit and the other a horse back trail ride through a rainforest and plantation.

But we are also interested in doing our own sightseeing. So pretty much asking if anyone has been or if they have seen/heard of any "must see" things for these locations?

Thanks in advance
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Never been to any of them - it's hard to schedule in a trip between anti-government uprisings. But practically everyone I know has been and you will have an awesome time so long as you steer clear of guys in combat gear.
    "...to Malceski, is that the Grand Final? Sydney are Premiers!" D Cometti 29/09/2012

LOOK HOW FRESH MY SUIT IS... NUFF SAID!

never been but a friend spent his childhood in new caledonia and says it's one of the most beautiful places he's ever seen.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Never been, but you better show pictures!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    never been but a friend spent his childhood in new caledonia and says it's one of the most beautiful places he's ever seen.
    Yes this was one of the main reasons why we chose the cruise! I'm looking forward to seeing the French influences there. Someone told me about a little French pattisserie YUMMMY!

I have also discovered that there is a Hard Rock Cafe. Yeah I know it has nothing to do with Fiji culture but I've always dreamed of going to one ever since seeing Con Air!

I think we will be hiring a moped and do our sightseeing that way. I know I want to see some traditional dancing and ceremonies so I'll be researching where I can do that.

Photo's for McJag... I think I can manage that!
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I used to live in New Caledonia (for 4 years), PM me if you want details ^_^
    Last edited by Tiny Pixie; November 17th, 2011 at 08:35 AM.
    Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck

Thread Information