Thread: London's calling :-) Anyone have tips where to stay?

Default London's calling :-) Anyone have tips where to stay?

Hi everyone!

For my boyfriend's 30th birthday I'm planning a trip to London. I've never been to London before but always wanted to. My boyfriend grew up in London (Kingston) and went to Switzerland with his family about 18 years ago. The last time he visited London was 12 years ago - so it's about time I guess

I just bought two tickets; we're gonna stay from September 23th to September 26th. Now I'm looking for a nice hotel... I found two I thought are nice, but I'm not really sure if I made a good decision since I have no idea if they are located centrally so we can go sight seeing without driving an hour with the tube.

So the two hotels I found and already did a reservation:

Apex City of London Hotel Central London Hotels, Apex City Hotel in London

and the K West Hotel which I found very cool .: K West Hotel & K Spa :. London's Cool contemporary Luxury Hotel Kensington Shepherd's Bush

Did anyone of you already stayed there? Or maybe have other tips?

to be honest I'm very glad to get any tips where to go, not to go, eat, see, do, ... thank you for your help!

(It's so hard... his birthday is in July so I have to keep it to myself for five weeks while I really want to share everything with him )
    -

A*O

Well Kingston (upon Thames) is really an outer suburb of London so your hotel picks are certainly more central. The Apex is a better location for history and "old" London; the K West looks super cool but is a bit further out. Both are on the Tube network so it's really up to you. Personally I'd go with the Apex for convenient location as a London first-time visitor.

Double and triple check the prices though and remember that the price quoted is often per person, not per room. They want your business so I suggest you call them direct and talk about your reservation. Booking hotels via online agencies isn't always the cheapest or most accurate option.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

thank you for the input A*O! I just did reservations I can cancel up to 24 hours before arrival. And didn't pay anything in advance. I will do the payment a few days before we leave because I'm sure the prices will go lower until then.

I think we will do a trip to Kingston one day but I definitely don't want to stay in an outer suburb.

Thank you very much for your advice concerning the hotels. It's gonna be a tough decision: convenient location vs. very cool hotel.
    -

Ooh I am jealous Funky Chicken. Traveling to London is tops on my bucket list. HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!

Thread Information