I'm planning on going to SoCal later this year. I plan to stay in Los Angeles for about 3-4 days and go down to San Diego for a weekend. I grew up in San Diego, but I haven't been back to Cali in years, and I'm trying to think of some good trip ideas.
- I plan on staying in Santa Monica at the hostel there. If anyone knows about it, let me know.
- Although Santa Monica will be my base, I want to explore other beaches. I've heard about the South Bay beaches (Redondo/Hermosa/Manhattan). Any ideas about good restaurants in that area?
- I plan on renting a car. I know traffic is a bitch in LA, but LA isn't New York, and I like to get around on my own rather than depend on others.
- The Grove. Tourist trap or worth going to go to?
- Is the Getty a good place to go for the day?
- Is the ocean warm in early May or is it still going to be cold?
- I'm not a club person. Are there some good bars where I can just chill for awhile?
- I plan on touring the Leimert Park area. I hear there are some good Jazz bars and shops selling African Art.
- I have no interest in going to Disneyland
- I might go to Universal
- Yes, I'm going to In-N-Out to get a 2x2 Animal Style
- Anything cool in San Diego that I need to take a look at? I'll probably be visiting friends in the area, so I won't be as much of a 'tourist' there
Thanks in advance!