Thread: French designer creates bubble tent

Default French designer creates bubble tent

Exhibitionists might well have found their perfect pop-up accommodation. A transparent inflatable 'bubble tent' that looks more like a goldfish bowl than something you'd sleep in.
    With incredible panoramic views of the surrounding countryside, the bizarre transparent structures are designed to get people as close to nature as possible.

Plenty of bounce: The transparent and inflatable bubble tent has been designed to give campers a panoramic view of the countryside

But they are far from the traditional camping trip - decked out with wardrobes, shelves and electric lights, the bubbles look more like a movable hotel room than a regular tent.
    Launched this year, the structures can be now be hired out at sites across France for around 400 pounds a night.
    And since then British tourists have been flocking to the country to try out the new camping experience.
    French designer Pierre Stephane Dumas said his 'BubbleTree' creations are 'unusual huts for unusual nights'.
    He explained: 'Having a night under the stars or seeing the sun rise and set is not something that many people experience anymore.
    'A normal tent or camper van means people miss out on these things.
    'So I designed this eccentric shelter with the aim of offering an unusual experience under the stars while keeping all the comfort of a bedroom suite.
    'The ceiling of the bubble has the Milky Way, guests will be able to enjoy this as well as the extraordinary light variation of the sunset and sunrise.'

The 'bubbles' are designed for two adults but can be adapted to include a smaller children's bedroom.
    One design, called the CristalBubble, is completely transparent, giving a 360 degree view of the surrounding countryside.
    But for the more private person, Mr Dumas has also created another, which he calls a 'cocooning' version of the Cristal design.
    This is completely opened to the sky but a surrounding wall means the occupants can not be seen from the outside.

Luxury: The tents - some of which are slightly more sheltered - are available to rent for around 400 at camping sites in France

Another design, called the BubbleLodge, is more like a villa than a room and is built with an additional space that can either be used as a bathroom or smaller bedroom.
    Once the 'bubble' is inflated, it's kept in shape with an airlock at the entrance and a silent pump, which keeps a constant pressure on the surrounding 'walls'.
    Outside sound is kept to a minimum while inside noise is magnified, which, according to Mr Dumas, encourages the occupants to create a peaceful atmosphere by whispering.
    As well as hiring the structures, they can also be bought outright for around 7,500 pounds.

Mr Dumas added: 'For me, Bubble huts are a place apart where you can rest, breathe or just stand back.'

Read more: Bubble Tree tent offers campers window on the world | Mail Online

That thing, in the summer, would turn into a sweatbox.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Not much for privacy either in that thing.

For the exhibitionist camper in us all.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

The fuck...? Chairs? Lamps?? When I first started going to bike rallies we took a tent, a change of clothes in case we got soaked and a sleeping bag. When I went rallying with another BF I thought it the height of luxury that he took an airbed and camp stove as well.

Still, I guess that a see-though bubble is ideal if you like to combine camping and dogging.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

If you were ever truly secluded from everyone else it would be awesome...but otherwise the lack of privacy would completely kill it for me.

Want. I'd love to just hang out in my backyard in this thing.

Thread Information