Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice for 5-day stay in Los Angeles?

Default Advice for 5-day stay in Los Angeles?

Hello everybody!

Beside a short trip to Pisa and Rome last year I didn't travel for about two years now. So I went to Brittany this summer, and now I'm planning a 5-days trip to L.A. We'll stay in the Millennium Biltmore hotel, we get a very favorable offer for the flight and the hotel. Perfect! We already planned to do a one-night-trip to Las Vegas

And now I'm hoping some of you might help us finding nice spots to visit... not the tourists spots to visit, we already have a lot of infos about that. More like where to eat, where to club, places to be, stuff like that...

We would really appreciate your advices! Oh and if it's important, we're two girls, both about 27 years old.

Thank you!

Stop in Palm Springs(it's a little out of the way but worth it) on your way to Vegas. Go up the aerial tram to the top of San Jacinto Mountains and have dinner at the top! I would try to do it at sunset. It is so beautiful. One of the best trips of my life.

Also go to Mann's, Venice Beach, Santa Monica pier and walk down the beach. The observatory is cool too. If you can take a cruise down to San Diego and go to Coronado Island and eat lunch at the Hotel Del.

Drive PCH up through Malibu. It's such a beautiful ride. There's a great little seafood shack that we would always stop at called the Reel Inn.

Santa Monica is great. Always fun. Lot's of fun things on the 3rd Street Promenade. Also, Ventura Blvd in the Valley has some great little shops. You can't go wrong in West Hollywood at night. Unless you're looking to pick up men

thank you for your tips! You convinced me to the San Diego trip. And the Palm Springs restaurant at sunset. And of course Santa Monica, the Ventura Blvd and West Hollywood. I think I need a week more holidays to sleep when I'm back home...

Yesterday I get audience tickets for two and a half men. I'm so ecxited!

Elite Member

An alternative to San Diego would be to drive up the coast to Santa Barbara.

Beautiful coastal town.

Or if you go to San Diego you might want to visit La Jolla.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yes San Diego! you'll love it!! its so much nicer, cleaner, better feeling than LA. if i wasn't addicted to the energy and size and all of l.a. i would so live in san diego. its gorgeous

I don't know, if you're interested in celebrity stuff, take one of those bus ride tours and go to hollywood of course for the freakshow that is hollywood blvd. and the santa monica pier and beach you must go to, i wouldn't bother w/ venice, its pretty nasty, but if you want to, no harm no foul - check out the venice canals lol they're nothing compared to venice, italy but there's nice homes on them. i wouldn't bother shopping in L.A. everythings a rip off and and our sales tax is almost 10% but maybe thats a good deal for you i dont know, i'd rather shop in Italy for sure though

You'll enjoy San Diego. Since i'm from there, i can give you some ideas of where to go. Go to Point Loma and see Ft Rosecrans national cemetery, and the Cabrillo lighthouse. its just gorgeous, overlooks the ocean and the bay.

There's the Hotel Del Coronado in Coronado. Coronado is a beautiful village on an island (you get there via a big bridge) Lots of great shopping, restaurants, and hotels.

There's Old Town for shopping and eating, Seaport Village, Balboa Park for a ton of awesome museums. Of course there's the Zoo and Sea World. also, Mission Beach has a great amusement park (kind of Coney Island style)

I have lived here my entire life, and i certainly don't appreciate it any more, but tourists love it.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^ omg my grandma and grandpa are buried there but it is beautiful, probably the most beautiful place in the 48 states

I've always wanted to go to Pink's but never did.

Last try to eat at Pink's was in really cold weather and the line was too long to try and stick it out, lol.

Venice beach is full of life, nasty or not, and it is where I would want to visit if I wanted colorful atmosphere. All the other places are great, especially if you want to do wine tasting then pick Santa Barbara.

Although I think Melrose Avenue has become too commericial, it too is great for sight-seeing. You can also Google "things to do in Los Angeles". There a free jazz concerts in one of the parks where they serve wine and fruit for about five dollars. Personally, I always prefer local atmosphere to the sterile sight-seeing tours.
    ...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    ^ omg my grandma and grandpa are buried there but it is beautiful, probably the most beautiful place in the 48 states
    my parents are at Rosecrans too. I visit a lot, and its so peaceful and beautiful
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

My boyfriends family is in San Diego. If it wasn't for work, we would move there in a second! I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by eboni View Post
    Last try to eat at Pink's was in really cold weather and the line was too long to try and stick it out, lol.

Venice beach is full of life, nasty or not, and it is where I would want to visit if I wanted colorful atmosphere. All the other places are great, especially if you want to do wine tasting then pick Santa Barbara.

Although I think Melrose Avenue has become too commericial, it too is great for sight-seeing. You can also Google "things to do in Los Angeles". There a free jazz concerts in one of the parks where they serve wine and fruit for about five dollars. Personally, I always prefer local atmosphere to the sterile sight-seeing tours.
    I would love to go to such a free jazz concert. But I can't find anything about it in google... I think they are over by end of August? We arrive at September 2nd...

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Drive PCH up through Malibu. It's such a beautiful ride. There's a great little seafood shack that we would always stop at called the Reel Inn.

Santa Monica is great. Always fun. Lot's of fun things on the 3rd Street Promenade. Also, Ventura Blvd in the Valley has some great little shops. You can't go wrong in West Hollywood at night. Unless you're looking to pick up men
    Thats my fave drive, I love going up there & of course, I always make sure I go to one of the two Getty museums (either the Villa or the other one), but you need to book the tickets in advance even if its free Funky-Chicken...
    And if you can't be bothered to look for the public accesses to the beaches infront of the expensive houses, there is always Point Duma public beach. I used to get my fruit & water at the Ralphs & drive up there.
    If you make it to Malibu, drive back to LA via Topanga, its got really cute houses & used to be a big hippy area.
    Topanga, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    thank you for your tips! You convinced me to the San Diego trip. And the Palm Springs restaurant at sunset. And of course Santa Monica, the Ventura Blvd and West Hollywood. I think I need a week more holidays to sleep when I'm back home...

Yesterday I get audience tickets for two and a half men. I'm so ecxited!
    whoop!

If you go to San Diego, try to get some Whale watching in, if its in Season...

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    An alternative to San Diego would be to drive up the coast to Santa Barbara.

Beautiful coastal town.

Or if you go to San Diego you might want to visit La Jolla.
    I have some great photos of waves crashing onto the rocks in La Jolla, that still take my breath away.

No-one has mentions Catalina Island which is a nature reserve off Long Beach (by boat); it has hiking & some cute places to eat/stay. I've not been for a long time though.
    Free Charmed.

awwww ^ do share!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information