Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're going to Brittany, anybody have tips?

Default We're going to Brittany, anybody have tips?

Me and my boyfriend go to Brittany the next two weeks. First we will stay at this nice hotel in Batz-Sur-Mer (Hotel Le Lichen):

it's nice because we can take our dogs with us. We read that there's a big Oceanarium nearby so I hope we can visit it.

Then we go to Boisgervilly, where we stay at my boyfriend's father's house. And I have absolutely no clue what to visit there. Maybe anybody knows this region a little bit?

Thank you

Sorry, I do not know anything about the region, but that sure looks like a beautiful place to stay. Right on the beach!!!

She is such a useless shit stain on the panties of humanity~Bitter's awesome description of K.K

^ I really hope it is as beautiful as in the pictures. We spent hours and hours to pick a nice hotel that is not too expensive

Le Mont Saint Michel is not too far away, that's cool, it's in the Normandie, though.

Saint-Malo is cool, too. Nice old inner city, long beaches. La Gacilly is a cute little town with lots of artsy things to do. Cap Fréhel is nice, it's in the North.

There are pretty decent surfing spots all over the Southern coast...

Hope you have fun!
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Thank you very much Chilly Willy! Sounds pretty interesting. I will write it down and take it with me!

Hey that's my region ! *w*

Depending on what you like, there are plenty of things to do :
    you can visit Carnac, or the forest of Broceliande, it's really worth it !

I especially like the tip of the Finistère, it's the far end of Brittany, it's full of little coves, very nice places (water's cold, careful :p)

The islands are cool too (pointe du raz => Ile de sein, Ile d'Ouessant or l'ile de Batz) but you're gonna need to rent a car I think.

Lots of things to do in Brittany, very nice summer location ! Have fun there !
    Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck

I can't give any advice, Brittany's too marvellous for words!! I myself like Ile de Bréhat best (in the North).
    I retrieved my old account... Call me ZabriskiePoint or LaFolie, whichever you want

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    Hey that's my region ! *w*

Depending on what you like, there are plenty of things to do :
    you can visit Carnac, or the forest of Broceliande, it's really worth it !

I especially like the tip of the Finistère, it's the far end of Brittany, it's full of little coves, very nice places (water's cold, careful :p)

The islands are cool too (pointe du raz => Ile de sein, Ile d'Ouessant or l'ile de Batz) but you're gonna need to rent a car I think.

Lots of things to do in Brittany, very nice summer location ! Have fun there !
    that's no problem, because we drive with our car to Brittany! Thank you very much for your tips, everything sounds so nice and beautiful!

Everything IS nice and beautiful ! :p
    (that might be chauvinism actually !)

^No, I'm not Breton in the least, and I love the region!!
    I retrieved my old account... Call me ZabriskiePoint or LaFolie, whichever you want

i love brittany and normandy.
    i agree you have to drive up to the mont-saint-michel. totally worth it more for the views from the bay than the actual town (beautiful, but overrun with tourists and tacky touristy souvenir shops and shit). saint malo is really pretty too.
    i second what everyone else said and if you can, go to cancale and eat oysters in the town harbour, they take them out right there and you can pick what variety you want and just eat it there with a glass of chilled white wine and then chuck all the shells down to the rocks.
    definitely carnac, le finistère, and really my advice would be to rent a car (or if you have your own) and just drive around the coast. it's full of lighthouses and beautiful coves and rocky cliffs. just gorgeous.
    there are pre-celtic megaliths everywhere, not just carnac. find a map and look for them and explore.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I can't believe you know Cancale ! I used to spend all my summers here with my family when I was a kid !

^^^
    cancale's great! and there's nothing like stuffing your face with oysters and wine while in that lovely town and with that view of the harbour and sea!
    i love that whole region. a good friend of mine's family is originally from there and they still have a couple of summer houses in normandy (near mont-st-michel so close to the border with brittany) and i have stayed there often, mostly late summer. normandy and brittany are two of my favourite places in the world. if i ever win the lottery i'm buying an old house on the coast in the middle of nowhere.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

aaaw thank you everybody for sharing! I'm even more thrilled now than I was before! Yay... we start our trip tomorrow evening. That's the only thing that bother me: To drive at least 9 hours. But I know it's worth it.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

wow im fucking jealous

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information