TripAdvisor's 2010 Top 10 Dirtiest Hotels
Dirtiest Hotels - United States
(based on TripAdvisor traveler reviews)
1. Heritage Marina Hotel, San Francisco, California
2. Days Inn Eureka, Eureka, Missouri
3. Tropicana Resort Hotel, Virginia Beach, Virginia
4. Super 8 Virginia Beach/At the Ocean, Virginia Beach, Virginia
5. Quality Inn, Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
6. New York Inn, New York City, New York
7. Parisian Hotel & Suites, Miami Beach, Florida
8. Capistrano Seaside Inn, Capistrano Beach, California
9. Desert Lodge, Palm Springs, California
10. Continental Oceanfront Hotel South Beach, Miami Beach, Florida
Heritage Marina Hotel
- The first room seem clean, but then the yellow-jackets started to appear. I killed several and called the management. When I fianaly got them, they did not seem too concerned or even suprised. I did get another room. This one had bedbugs that woke me in the night. The second room was not that clean either. I should have kept going to Sundance. I only stopped in that *** of a town because it was getting dark.
- Why am I not surprised this hotel has obtained the dubious distinction of being declared the dirtiest in America? I selected this hotel for my four day get away vacation to San Francisco due to its price and location. Little did I know I was staying at a crack house for all intents and purposes. Upon entering my room, I immediately smelled a very pungent odor. It was very obvious the room had not been cleaned for a very long time. The sheets had stains on them and I dared not sleep in the bed (I slept on a chair the one night I managed stayed there). The bathroom had mold growing on the shower curtains, as well as the wall and floor tiling. But, the mother of all bombshells came when I began to unpack my clothes. As I opened one of the chest drawers, I found marijuana cigarette butts and syringes! I immediately began to wonder if somebody was running a meth lab in the hotel! The only reason I stayed the one night at this God forsaken place was because it was almost 11:00 PM when I arrived and was too tired to go back out. Needless to say, I promptly checked out at 6:00 AM and found another (and much nicer) place to stay. Do not, for ANY reason, stay at this hotel even if it's the only vacancy left in the city!
-Met hookers in the hallways. Rooms had no air conditioning, so we had to open windows (hah---best described as "holes in walls"). Windows were 4" glass slats with NO screens, and anyone passing by could reach through the glass, part the drapes, and peek in! Carpets were crusty with the texture of vomit, doors barely closed and locks were puny at best. The only thing that separated us from adjoining room was small latch 3/4 the way up the door, available in any 10 cent store. Mattresses were splitting wide open and had the consistency of lumpy, wet straw.
If you are filming a horror flick or a slasher movie, this is the place for you. If you are a NORMAL person, avoid it like the plague!
This is all that separated us from neighbors
Would you sit here???
Crusty carpet with consistency of vomit
bed bug bites
one of the bugs in our room
Possible Blood stains on Chair