Thread: Fitzroy High School, Melbourne

Default Fitzroy High School, Melbourne

Fitzroy High School has a long history in Melbourne. The government school closed in 1992 but it re-opened in 2004, after an 11-year campaign by parents and residents. In 2009, its senior students gained an exciting new building, designed by Melbourne-based McBride Charles Ryan who we have featured previously.

The school’s philosophy of innovation in education is reflected in the striking new building that connects with a cluster of older school buildings, some more than 100 years old. The new building’s exterior walls are deliciously wavy and painted in stripes of secondary colours, all of which helps the building both blend in and stand out.

Inside, the studio spaces had to remain extremely flexible and their configurations had to be easy to change by staff. The solution is deceptively simple: Bright-colored drapes and splashes of color that define a space. The school brought McBride Charles Ryan the 2010 Grand Prix at the Dulux Color Awards while the interior won in the Commercial Interior category. - Tuija Seipell

For a comprehensive visual presentation of schools/universities with thousands of visuals to excite you, contact TCH Platinum. Schools wanting to see ideas and concepts in how to design super cool educational environments effectively, contact our marketing agency, ACCESS AGENCY.

The Cool Hunter - Fitzroy High School, Melbourne

Wow - how fun would it be to go to school here every day!
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Horrific...looks like the bottom of some 70's platform shoe.

There should be a warning sign outside saying, "Warning! Do not view while under the influence of drugs or alcohol-will induce vomiting!"
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

A*O

Looks like it's made out of Lego. Fitzroy likes to pretend it's a bit bohemian and trendy. Great coffee though.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Looks like it's made out of Lego. Fitzroy likes to pretend it's a bit bohemian and trendy. Great coffee though.
    Our cable network always used to love to show Aussie rules football, and it seemed that Fitzroy was always on when I channel surfed. Fitzroy or Essenden? usually. I would linger awhile sometimes..hunky guys in skimpy sporting outfits can cause that..

It always seemed to be one inner Melbourne suburb against another inner Melbourne suburb. Does any other Aussie city even play?

A*O

Fitzroy footy club has now moved to Queensland and play as the Brisbane Lions. Essendon (go Bombers) is the next suburb over from Fitzroy and they still play here. Fascinating, eh?
    Dame Edna Everage

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Fitzroy footy club has now moved to Queensland and play as the Brisbane Lions. Essendon (go Bombers) is the next suburb over from Fitzroy and they still play here. Fascinating, eh?
    (because of the hot players) I have to admit I would watch abit and get acquainted with the teams, who were the biggest rivals, etc.

Most of it is long forgotten now though. Wasn't there a Croyden or something like that? And a Doncaster and something or other?

Looked like there would have been alot of broken bones. No protective equipment and lots of brutal play and all.

A*O

You love a bit of rough, eh? Croydon and Doncaster aren't in the premier league but the players are just as hot. None of them has a braincell between them but who cares.
    Dame Edna Everage

Australian Rules is a fantastic sport to watch - love it. It's very fast moving and often the game's result comes down to the last minute. The players are ripped because they are running on average 8 miles every match, and that's why they are so fit (and hot) in their little shorts.

I'm not so sure about those curtained classrooms - how well would they work to block sounds? But cleaning that room would be a dream - just toss all the chairs on the tables and vacuum the whole place. You'll have vacuumed a couple classrooms at once.

Thread Information