Login to remove the ads!

Thread: Savannah, GA - any tips or must see?

fgg

Default Savannah, GA - any tips or must see?

i'm going on a trip to savannah, ga in a couple weeks to meet up with someone to see if we can make a go at a relationship. i want to have some ideas ready of restaurants, things to do, sightseeing ideas, etc. so we can really enjoy the experience.

have any of you been? any tips?

I've never been, but this thread has a bit of information:

I need some good ideas for a 3 day vacation

Good luck!
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Paula Deen's !
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

fgg

i heard it was really difficult to get in to paula deen's. there is a tour that get's you in so i have to see if the guy i'm going with cares about all of that. i want to take one of the ghost tours for sure.

thanks tati

i'm also trying to figure out whether to stay in the historic district or midtown.

The last time I went to Savannah, there was a line around the block for Paula Deen's place. The wait was more than I was willing to stand.

I went on a ghost tour, which are easy to find since the place is touted as the most haunted city in America. I toured Bonaventure Cemetery and checked out some of the more famous graves. I walked through the squares, which are beautiful and the riverfront area where there's a lot of interesting stores and open markets. Just checked out the city as a whole as much as I could.

I want to make it over there for St. Patrick's Day one year, because that's supposed to be a hell of a time.

Silver Member

Savannah is one of my all-time favorite places to go...I fucking love it. I want to live there someday.

I've been to Paula Deen's twice...you need to put your name in at lunch time to be able to eat at dinner time.
    As Laurent said, you must see Bonaventure.
    Google "Midnight in the Garden..." tour...that will show you everything you want to see from the book/movie without paying for a tour. If you haven't read the book or seen the movie, do it. So worth it.
    Walk along the riverfront...there are a few little shops to see, 2 candy shops to die for, and several restaurants worth checking out.
    Visit Telfair Museum (if I remember right, it's near Jim Williams' house)...it's on one of the more famous squares in town.
    If you have time, drive to Tybee. You'll love it. Paula Deen's brother has a seafood place on the way. Uncle Bubba's.
    Ft Pulaski is between Tybee and Savannah...if you like war-time historical stuff, you'll like it. The scenery is good, if nothing else.

Savannah is an artsy place (hello, Savannah College of Art and Design) so there are LOTS of lovely little shops and designer places to peruse downtown.

Shit, I wanna go now.

Thread Information