Thread: Macakizi, Bodrum - Turkey

Default Macakizi, Bodrum - Turkey

We first stayed at Macakizi – the sexiest pontoon beach club frequented by Istanbul’s super-chic A-list jet-setters – a couple of years ago when we were setting up TCH Turkey.

Now is the perfect time of the year to head back to Macakizi as it gets incredibly hot and busy there when the season really kicks off. Macakizi is the best place to stay in the Bodrum area.

Located in the village of Turkbuku, half-hour drive from Bodrum, Macakizi is named after proprietor Sahir Erozan’s mother Ayla. Her nickname is Macakizi, the Queen of Spades. Ayla is the originator of the pontoon beach club concept in which you never really touch a beach but instead lounge on terraces carved into the steep hillside.

Creating a perfect stage for the eye candy coming at you from all sides in the form of immaculately groomed, beautifully tanned and designer-gear-attired bodies, the hotel itself is elegantly down-played. It is concealed by the lush vegetation but the view of the Aegean is ever-present. The architecture is loosely Mediterranean, the rooms are classy, unadorned and sparse.

Celebrities and other VIPs parade from morning till night in Chanel swimsuits, Pucci sunglasses and William Richardson sarongs. Money and attitude and a penchant for gossip are prevalent, and the whole scene reminded us of a French Vogue shoot live with Steven Meisel shooting.

The highlight of the visit is always the food: absolutely amazing Turkish cuisine served buffet-style and al fresco. Having said that, now we really need another Macakizi fix! - Bill Tikos

The Cool Hunter - Macakizi, Bodrum - Turkey

that looks nice, actually. kind of like upscale turkish cottaging.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

i like it a lot.
    bodrum is really touristy though.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

eww... i hate touristy shit. I prefer to find a beach with nobody else on it. I despise being around people on vacation.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^^
    yeah me too.
    i entered turkey via bodrum - took some crappy overcrowded wooden motor boat from a greek island (kos) a few hours away. bodrum is pretty and really picturesque but full of tourists so after a day there we headed north and away from the people.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

LOL that was me and Curacao

All my workmates wanted to go to the crowded beaches that were thumping house music and stuffed with people, i'm like.. I WANT PEACE AND QUIET, so i drove to the other end of the island and had a whole beach to myself. It was GLORIOUS. I felt so content.

Then later on a couple more people showed up and ruined it. Fuckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    LOL that was me and Curacao

All my workmates wanted to go to the crowded beaches that were thumping house music and stuffed with people, i'm like.. I WANT PEACE AND QUIET, so i drove to the other end of the island and had a whole beach to myself. It was GLORIOUS. I felt so content.

Then later on a couple more people showed up and ruined it. Fuckers.
    lol yeah i hate that. i blame my parents. any time we went anywhere on vacation, we'd end up spending hours trying to find a spot away from the people. once we ended up basically walking along a cliff with an angry, rocky sea to one side so we could get to this secluded beach away from the people.

Yes, I think I could consider this as a winter home if it was forced on me.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Thread Information