Thread: Beds of hay at German Heuhotels

Default Beds of hay at German Heuhotels

Both the New York Times and CNN have reported the rising popularity of hotels in Germany and other parts of Europe that offer a night's sleep on a bed of hay. While these heuhotels do have a certain ick-factor, the rustic simplicity of sleeping in a barn does have its appeal and who can say no to a good, old fashioned, roll in the hay?

Apartment Therapy Boston | Beds of Hay at German Heuhotels

^^^
    that second picture looks exactly like a stable/mountain refuge i stayed in on a field trip when i was a kid (in switzerland). and it was free. the mountains are full of them.
    well, looking closely, ours was way more rustic. it was an actual stable (though not used for animals anymore) and there was no electricity or running water (just a well) and just an old wood stove in the big common area that was only good for cooking because it didn't provide any heat at all.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Anyone who's done it knows, there's nothing romantic about sleeping in a bed of hay. It's totally fun until you get to the actual sleeping part.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

^^^
    i was about 12 and at that age you'll sleep anywhere. and we had sleeping bags. i just remember being fucking cold because there was no heat, it was an ancient stable, and outside it was fucking cold and snowy. and the stove in the main room did a shit job of heating up the rest of it. never mind that there was really poor insulation so the cold air came in.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Thread Information