Login to remove the ads!

Thread: We are going to Costa Rica

Bronze Member

Default We are going to Costa Rica

Has anybody been there? Any advice?

No,but have fun!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

yeah, check your bags before you repack them for the trip home. One of my flights was delayed because someone coming back from Costa Rica found a scorpion in their backpack on the plane and got stung.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Bronze Member

sounds like fun. We are staying at a coffee plantation in the rainforest. any advice or hints?

Bronze Member

Good advice Grimmlock

I cant add much, I havent been but my mother took an environmental trip with a tour group, 5 years ago. They were in a remote area, but were in a lodge.
    Lightweight clothing, something that will dry fast. Good walking shoes, bug repellant. The wildlife is amazing. Many varieties of colorful birds and butterflies. She said the butterflies were bigger than her hands!!! She didnt see one snake tho and was told she may. Enjoy your trip, it should be very exciting!
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

I went there back in HS for an environmental trip. We hiked throughout the Rainforest and alternated staying at hotels and tents on the beach. It was awesome! This was over 10 years ago so I don't remember the specific cities we went to but we pretty much walked up the north western coast. We stayed at this beach plantation right near the Nicaraguan border with this Sea Turtle Reserve. That was probably my favorite part, we woke up in the middle of the night to check on the nests and hatchlings. One trip we got too close to the border and the Nicaraguan army came at us with guns. Our guides calmly explained to them that we were part of the conservation team, and they let us go.

I recommend white water rafting in the Guanacaste Province, and visiting Tamarindo (beach/surfer town)! We also visit a serpentarium(snake farm) where we saw all different types of snakes. I actually milked a Golden Eyelash Viper for its venom and stood in a boa constrictor cage. We also went to a butterfly farm where they were as big as my face! I made a scrapbook of the trip so I'll try to go through it tonight and find out more specifics.

My friend's husband is half Costa Rican and when they visited there, they went to Tabacon. It's a resort with natural hot springs from the volcanoes. She said it was amazing. I highly recommend Costa Rica, I'm definitely gonna make a trip back soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Thread Information