Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ok, going to NYC in a week for 4 or 5 days. Gimme things to do!

Talking Ok, going to NYC in a week for 4 or 5 days. Gimme things to do!

I had to cancel my new orleans trip, so i'm compensating with 4 or 5 days in the big apple!

I have the usual cliche things to see, anything i should REALLY see? Come on new yorkers, all i've heard is that NYC is simply AMAZING and worth a 10 hour busride LOL

Bring it!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I'm not a native New Yorker, nor do I care to visit often, so I don't have much to give you, but I would definitely say the Metropolitan Museum of Art is a must see.
    Last edited by greysfang; July 1st, 2009 at 12:15 PM.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Not a New Yorker either, but my brother lives there...

MOMA-The Museum of Modern Art is pretty sweet!

Just walking around the West Village is fun!

That's all I got for now. Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Go see a broadway play-anything!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Clubs-Pacha

Dinner- Marc Forgione

And of course Central park is awesome in nice weather.
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

The Met & MOMA are both great, but my personal favorite has always been the Museum of Natural History.

Pacha is the latest version of older style mega clubs like Sound Factory or The Tunnel. Go if you want to take x and dance with 20 year old from the bridge and tunnel crowd.

I would recommend Cielo over Pacha, it's in the meatpacking district- which is a don't miss, has a great street scene at night and great places to eat like Pastis and DelPosto. Studio B in Brooklyn is a great club as well, has great music, and an outdoor terrace, you can always get a cab to take you there.

Check out the new Highline Park, the West Village, and Hudson Park - it runs a few miles along the waterfront from the Village, it's a great outdoor evening spot, lots of gay guys. Loads of people there on summer nights.

Go to the Empire State Building, totally tourist, but the view from the deck is truly amazing.

If you have certain things you want to do, like restaurants, or clubbing, live music, or shopping, post your ideas, and we can give more specific info.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

... the bridge and tunnel crowd? LOL

I'm probably not going clubbing, but i plan to see all the cliche things one sees in new york.. times square, chrysler building, empire state, brooklyn bridge, statue of liberty, blah blah

i was thinking stuff besides the obvious.. i might check out the met or natural history museums.. wanted to see the guggenheim but i hear it's pricey and im a cheap whore.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    The Met & MOMA are both great, but my personal favorite has always been the Museum of Natural History.

Pacha is the latest version of older style mega clubs like Sound Factory or The Tunnel. Go if you want to take x and dance with 20 year old from the bridge and tunnel crowd.

I would recommend Cielo over Pacha, it's in the meatpacking district- which is a don't miss, has a great street scene at night and great places to eat like Pastis and DelPosto. Studio B in Brooklyn is a great club as well, has great music, and an outdoor terrace, you can always get a cab to take you there.

Check out the new Highline Park, the West Village, and Hudson Park - it runs a few miles along the waterfront from the Village, it's a great outdoor evening spot, lots of gay guys. Loads of people there on summer nights.

Go to the Empire State Building, totally tourist, but the view from the deck is truly amazing.

If you have certain things you want to do, like restaurants, or clubbing, live music, or shopping, post your ideas, and we can give more specific info.
    Just checked out the website for Cielo and it looks pretty sweet. I'll have to check it out the next time I hit the city...thanks for the tip!
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

The Cloisters is pretty cool, it's off the typical tourist hot spots, but definitely worth a look.

Grant's Tomb is cool too. The Cathedral Of St John the Divine is beautiful. Coney Island in Brooklyn is seedy and fun, you can ride the legendary Cyclone and the Wonder Wheel (be sure to take an outside swinging car)

The Irish Hunger Memorial, The Comic & Cartoon Museum, The Museum of Sex are all off beat places.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Elite Member

Grimm, isnt it Pride week in NYC next week?

As far as a broadway show, in Times Square, right in the center of the theater district, there is a place called TKTS where you can buy good seats for show that day quite inexpensively, especially if you're only looking for one ticket. A fun thing for tourists is the Circle Line boat which goes around Manhattan. Way less expensive than the helicopter tour. Dont forget to go to South Street Seaport. What kind of food do you like...maybe we can come up with some ideas. Where are you staying? Any interest in Baseball? A lot of people really enjoy the Intrepid Air and Space Museum, which I'm sure you know, is an aircraft carrier and submarine turned into a museum, with stealth bombers, etc. Very popular with gadget types.

fgg

i think the most cost & time efficient way of seeing all of the major tourist spots is to get a ticket on one of the doubledecker buses. you can jump on and off whenever you want at their stops and pick up the next one when you are ready to move on. there is a downtown loop and an uptown loop. i'd skip the uptown but that's just me.

while i lived in nyc, i did this with several people who came to visit for just a few days and they all loved it.

have fun!

Check out FAO Shwarz too, for the kid in everyone.

Check in on my old boyfriend would you? He owns some restaurants and I am dying to know if they are nice, but more interested in knowing if he is gay......because I think he might be. If so, he's a major catch.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post

i like this advice.
    also check out chelsea if you're into art galleries, and really just walk walk walk, especially all around the village, soho, lower east side, meatpacking district.
    honestly, i would skip broadway shows unless there is one show you are really dying to see. i would also skip the empire state building unless you get lucky and there's a short line, otherwise you'll waste hours. also skip the obligatory radio city music hall tour - see it from the outside and that's enough. the statue of liberty tour is also way overrrated however ellis island is not, it's fascinating and you get a boat ride that provides an amazing view of the city.
    central park, of course, and then walk up 5th avenue.

also, walk across the brooklyn bridge, worth it for the view alone. then explore brooklyn a bit - dumbo (down under the manhattan bridge overpass) is trendy and full of cafés and galleries and boutiques, park slope, etc...

as for museums, the guggenheim is worth it even if it's expensive. there are also parties there once a week (though it might not be all year round) so that could be another way to see it. find out what night they are - last time i was there it was on thursday nights. get there early as there is almost always a line.

MoMA definitely.

and i think you might like the new museum of contemporary art (in the bowery). New Museum :: NewMuseum.org

i also love the whitney museum.

another thing you must do while there is have brunch. no one does brunch like new yorkers. i can't think of the names of places i've been but maybe one of our new york posters can recommend a place.

since this is your first time in the city, i think you might want to take a bus tour - yes, i know they are cheesy as hell but i did that my first time in london and it really helps give you a general overview of the city that way you can make note of the places you want to go back to and spend more time in.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Well i have a native i'm staying with who's gone all giggly with an itinerary, so he'll be a tour guide. Im hoping to hit up some brunch places, shops and dinner places as well. I also plan to wander some at night and take pictures

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information