Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are lip injections ever an improvement?

My sister had hers done, very subtle work too - amazing results. Proof for the nay sayers once again that SUBTLETY is the problem with PS these days, not the ps itself
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

What do you guys mean by "Wasp-y Looking?" Does anyone have an example?

honestly, i see so many women who have had extensive work done and they look amazing: natural, well rested, etc. Good PS is totally unnoticable. I know women who have had all of these procedures all together:

eye lift, eyelid excess skin removal, forehead botox, lip injections, nose job, collagen in the nasal labial folds---> u would NEVER in a million years know bc it was done properly. This is why so many celebs have work done and no one can tell--ppl think its diff hair/makeup.

the women with all the work i described above truly look like they are just nice and refreshed and healthy. Its like ud expect they returned from an extended hiatus where they ate organic everything and unless they tell you, youd never know for sure

the people whos surgery is obvious means theyve had BAD PS imo

^Well said.

The bad PS comes from wanting unrealistic results.

Being 60 and trying to look 20 thru numerous lifts and injections looks ridiculous.

Having a small frame and going for DD breasts looks plastic as hell.

The problem is a lot of surgeons won't tell you it will look horrible because they are more than happy to take your money.

PS should be used to enhance, not try to transform you into looking like someone you're not.

^ to me that is a bad plastic SURGEON. The doctor that we all LOVE locally (who is not dr 90210 ) is known for turning people away as well as being a fantastic surgeon. He REFUSED to do my best friend's breast augmentation--she had never had PS before but he felt she had the wrong attitude about it. When I watch ps shows and see what potential patients say to the surgeons during the consultation--i am floored the ps even goes thru with it. things like "i think it will help my self esteem" or "i want to wow my husband". My friend ended up going to someone else who didnt care what her reasons were, did a horrible job, and 4 years later she went back to the original plastic surgeon who turned her away. She was in a different mind set when she went back to him, her attitude had changed and her priorities. Plus, it was now "reconstructive" and not cosmetic, and i think he wanted to help her

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by khaebs View Post
    What do you guys mean by "Wasp-y Looking?" Does anyone have an example?
    waspy is a very thin-lipped woman like so thin that they're barely there and they're always frowning and have lots of upper lip wrinkles like a smoker

..................^ like that thing there!

Haha, that thing looks weird...but imagine how much weirder it would look if it got lip injections! I think thin lips can be pretty too.

Quote Originally Posted by phishtickie View Post
    As it were, in most cases, what you have naturally, be it nose, lips etc is what suits the rest of your features the best. Change one thing and the whole will very likely become unbalanced.
    And in many other cases - getting something fixed is a HUGE improvement. AKA people with huge, unfortunate noses that can ruin the appearance of even a very pretty face.

As for lip fillers - they CAN look good. Just look at Madonna's current lips or Elizabeth Hurley's.

they can look ok if they're done subtly. and very subtly. say you have thin lips, get injections to make them a little less thin but not to get plump lips that you've never had. that looks wrong. i think PS is good if it's done to improve what you have, not try to give you something totally different.
    i also think injections done to fill in the little lines that form all around the lips can work really well if you have a good doctor.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Then why have so many women stars with access to the very best look so fish-mouthed? Goldie Hawn and Melanie Griffith come to mind! I mean-the old mouth was smaller and more attractive IMO.
    Seems like if you are going to have a reaction or your Doctor isn't as good as you thought, by the time you realize it you are in deep trouble! I have to vote no! MAYBE Celine Deon.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale View Post
    ^ to me that is a bad plastic SURGEON. The doctor that we all LOVE locally (who is not dr 90210 ) is known for turning people away as well as being a fantastic surgeon. He REFUSED to do my best friend's breast augmentation--she had never had PS before but he felt she had the wrong attitude about it. When I watch ps shows and see what potential patients say to the surgeons during the consultation--i am floored the ps even goes thru with it. things like "i think it will help my self esteem" or "i want to wow my husband". My friend ended up going to someone else who didnt care what her reasons were, did a horrible job, and 4 years later she went back to the original plastic surgeon who turned her away. She was in a different mind set when she went back to him, her attitude had changed and her priorities. Plus, it was now "reconstructive" and not cosmetic, and i think he wanted to help her
    I also think it's because some PS offices have consultants and you never even meet the doctor until the day of your surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Then why have so many women stars with access to the very best look so fish-mouthed? Goldie Hawn and Melanie Griffith come to mind! I mean-the old mouth was smaller and more attractive IMO.
    Seems like if you are going to have a reaction or your Doctor isn't as good as you thought, by the time you realize it you are in deep trouble! I have to vote no! MAYBE Celine Deon.
    Apparantely Angelina Jolie has the most requested lips when it comes to PS. So if you have thin lips and request her lips, no doubt you'll look like you stuck a toilet plunger to your mouth. If one of the big name stars goes in for lip injections and is refused, they will just go elsewhere and find another doctor who will do it. I'm sure it has a lot to do with these doctors wanting their name affiliated with having done work on Hollywood so and so.
    Last edited by Tati; October 15th, 2007 at 05:37 PM.

Elite Member

well didnt we all prove on this forum that she enhances her top lip to balance the lower one?

Bronze Member

I think the best 'celebrity' examples of excellent lip work are LIZ HURLEY and DANNI MINOGUE. Both look natural. I want their surgeons number!!

Monica Bellucci (which I think was more about keeping her plump limps as opposed to making thin ones larger)

Courtney Cox I think looks good as well...makes her look a little less harsh
    Dramatically overdramatic

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information