Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: I had lip plumping done

MsChiff I think it was around $250-300. I had it done about three years ago.

I've actually always wanted to get my upper lip plumped a little.. when I smile it kind of disappears relative to my lower lip. I'm too scared (and too broke) to do it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    Wow! That's expensive - I have mine done at a beautician when I have other electrolysis done & I pay around 15 for 15 mins might be more or less as I usually have a massage too
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    I've actually always wanted to get my upper lip plumped a little.. when I smile it kind of disappears relative to my lower lip. I'm too scared (and too broke) to do it, though.
    Seriously, try to go with LipVenom. Or mix cinnamon and cayenne into lipgloss yourself. But don't let anybody mess with your natural facial features!

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    what Harry Hamlin sees first thing in a morning....

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    Thank you
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

thats gonna be me someday soon

Quote Originally Posted by Mercer View Post
    Seriously, try to go with LipVenom. Or mix cinnamon and cayenne into lipgloss yourself. But don't let anybody mess with your natural facial features!
    I use 2faced lip plumper, but I have quite full lips anyway, but all my friends love it on me. I find it works well.
    Free Charmed.

I read that another thing women do before going out is to rub kosher salt and a lemon on their lips. All that stinging and puckering makes them plump out.

Standing outside a KFC defending the Colonel

I think my lips are a little thin, so I bought a lip plumping lip gloss and it really works.

It's funny too, if I give my boyfriend a kiss while wearing the lip gloss he'll panic when his lips start to burn from the cinnamon (or whatever is in the stuff) and then he'll rush to wipe his mouth off in alarm.
    I do it to him a lot too, and it never gets old.

So, I'm trying to say is that the lip plumper seems to work well for me, and it also provides me with entertainment.
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them. - George W. Bush

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I read that another thing women do before going out is to rub kosher salt and a lemon on their lips. All that stinging and puckering makes them plump out.
    How is that better than having the lips permanently filled? Do it once and never visit the land of stinging and puckering....

Does it hurt much to get done? I imagine it would be awfully painful.

Has anybody had any laser skin treatments for redness or anything? Seriously considering getting that done sometime in the future. I get flushing even for no reason sometimes and it's a real nightmare, very uncomfortable and makes me feel self conscious. If I didn't have it, I wouldn't really bother with any foundation but I feel like I have to put on a little powder just incase I get a flush so it won't really be noticable as much. Ughhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    How is that better than having the lips permanently filled? Do it once and never visit the land of stinging and puckering....
    Because you're not filling your body with foriegn substances, or silicone with can be carciogenic.
    Free Charmed.

Elite Member

I hate to break it to you, but every joint replacement in the world is made of silicone. Also, many indegestion products contain Zymethecone aka silicone. You are ingesting plenty already.

As to whether its painful, the numbing gel works just fine if you leave it on for 20-25 minutes. The only part that hurts is when they do the 'wet' part where your 2 lips meet. They have to put the filler in there, not in the front of your upper lip, otherwise you end up with the dreaded 'trout pout'. Also Suri, I had the Irridex laser treatment to remove sun damage and a hemangioma. Works great. The sensation is like a rubberband being snapped against the skin. Not bad.

As to whether its painful, the numbing gel works just fine if you leave it on for 20-25 minutes.
    The guy I saw didn't leave it on me long enough which is why it really hurt. He was a total get 'em in and out as fast as you can kind of doctor. I never went back to him.
    Also Suri, I had the Irridex laser treatment to remove sun damage and a hemangioma. Works great. The sensation is like a rubberband being snapped against the skin. Not bad.
    How much was this? Did you have to have multiple treatments? How did you like the results?

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but every joint replacement in the world is made of silicone.
    No, you're wrong. The most common joint replacements are hips and knees which use metal, ceramics, and polyethylene bearings The only silicone joint replacements I've ever heard about are in the hand and not that common. They wouldn't use liquid silicone anyway.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information