Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: I had lip plumping done

alice, i've never seen a picture of you, but if the people who did say you looked perfectly fine then please don't do anything else. remember, GR is always right.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    erm.. no here is a list

Collagen fillers are derived either from human skin or animals, including cows (bovine) or pigs (porcine):
    • Injectable collagen formulas derived from human sources include, Cosmoderm and Cosmoplast.
    • Zyderm and Zyplast are forms of purified bovine collagen that, unlike human derived collagen, require allergy testing.
    • Evolence is a dermal collagen filler made from purified porcine (pig) collagen and also requires an allergy test.
    • A hybrid form of collagen is Artefill (known in Europe as Artecoll). This is a mixture of bovine collagen and homogeneous polymethylmethacrylate microspheres, which are tiny plastic spheres. Those spheres not only create a desired new look, but they also stimulate natural collagen production.
    • Another key source for collagen fillers is your own body. Autologen is collagen from your own skin, which is harvested during a previous operation and processed into liquid form. If you have a tummy tuck or another operation in which skin is removed, your skin can be used to extract collagen. It's then sterilized and prepared for re-injection. Your processed liquid collagen can be safely stored for five years and used as needed.
    • Isolagen injection is collagen that's also taken from your own skin, but in this method, it's cloned in a lab and processed into liquid form. A piece of skin the size of an eraser is all that's needed. It's sent off to a lab and then returned to your surgeon within a few weeks. A minimum of three injections are recommended at two-week intervals. The first injection will improve your wrinkles by about 15 percent, the second injection by 35 percent, and the third injection by 70 percent. Because live cells are injected, improvement may continue for several months after the last injection.
    • One final option is Dermalogen, a form of collagen from human cadaver skin which has been sterilized, purified and processed into liquid form. Two or three collagen injections are recommended at one- to two-month intervals to achieve the best result.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonjaLasagna View Post
    I'm saying that there are quite a few fillers on the market - some contain animal DNA, some don't - some are FDA approved, some are not. When considering cosmetic enhancements, check the doctors website before making an appt. After determining which filler you prefer, talk to the doctor and get as much info as possible on your preferred procedure. Double check the product on the company's website
    Thanks, guys. It's too early. I just want to prevent myself from doing something stupid five years from now, such as some drastic reaction to the aging process that leaves me with dead animals injected in my face.

Alice, you're nuts. You're wasting those few years of precious youth. You'll spend the rest of your life regretting not having enjoyed it.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Alice,my dear ,i am seriously worried about you.You know i like you and care about you,so please take my advice!
    Find a way that suits you to heal your insides and leave the rest of you alone.
    Your face and body is NOT your problem..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Unless you want to end up looking like Shauna Sand, you might want to take it easy, Alice.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah you're right.

GR is always right

Good. Admitting that GR is always right is the first step to recovery.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    yeah you're right.

GR is always right

Now if you could say that with a straight face...
    -Bugdoll-

my upper lip was injected with 1cc of restylane 6 yrs ago. Because scar tissue formed around my restylane, i've only had to get two touch-ups since. I highly recommend Restylane, it's composed of Hyaluronic Acid. A description of Hyaluronic Acid is noted below.
    The scar tissue *worked* for you, as in created a more ideal result? I thought if you developed scar tissue, there would be the horrible infection scenario a la when Pete Burns' lips burst.

[COLOR="Navy"]doctor you choose should insist on a patch test prior to the procedure.
    What does this involve? A small injection in the hairline or something?

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    I had a medium strength 30% TCA peel. I have a high tolerance for pain but the pain and discomfort were unbelievable. Weeping skin and to top it off, I got contact dermatitis so my face didn't heal within the normal week's time. I developed a "quaker oats" beard over most of my face and had to take steroids for 3 weeks. The glands in my neck increased to the size of golfballs. My skin was blotchy and uneven for months afterwards. Good thing, I worked at home at the time and didn't have to see anybody if I didn't want to.
    All this from using too much? As in this wouldn't have been a nightmare if the strength were 10%?
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

NO, alice should get MORE implants and fillers. She will not be a person of worth until she does.

GET THEM. I want to see pictures. If you fill your face up enough, daddy might love you after all these years!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Good. Admitting that GR is always right is the first step to recovery.
    It is a 12 step program. Step 2 is ignore all advice from Grimm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    NO, alice should get MORE implants and fillers. She will not be a person of worth until she does.

GET THEM. I want to see pictures. If you fill your face up enough, daddy might love you after all these years!
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

My advice is actually designed to show how stupid getting this shit is
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

But it just comes off as bullying, which no one ever responds to positively. It results in your helpful advice being ignored. Food for thought.

*shrug*

Not my job to babysit chicks who don't listen to reasonable advice from others either.

In fact the whole thing is rather tiring and attention whorey after years and years.

Well it must work since you keep coming back and repeating the same thing over and over again even though Alice is clearly ignoring you. If I didn't know better, I might say you're addicted to the drama too!

Nah. Everybody needs a good slap every so often.

Thread Information