Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are lip injections ever an improvement?

Default Are lip injections ever an improvement?

I've seen examples of nose jobs and boob jobs being an improvement. Are there any pics out there of a lip augmentation that actually looks better than before?

Default Re: are lip injections ever an improvement?

In a word: No

Just ask Hunter Tylo!

Bronze Member

I always thought it would be a cool thing to do some day, but after seeing all the celebs these days who look like blowfish, I am terrified to ever try it.

A while back I got Cosmoplast in my upper lip only to balance out the top and bottom lip. I don't have full lips, this just made them look more even. It was gone in six months but if I could afford it I would do it again.

Ive seen it done well too. As always- you have to KNOW someone to see the good results. The bad ones are the obvious ones
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

Is it true that when you get multiple injections into your lips, you are causing scarring inside? I would think this would eventually lead to lumpy lips if you stopped injecting (after years of doing this) so that you would have to keep up the injections to look normal. Anyone know about this?
    bum gone bad

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

I need an upper lip; i'm such a Wasp-y looking woman damnit!

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD
    In a word: No

Just ask Hunter Tylo!
    Exactly. That is a real sad case of lips gone wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland
    I need an upper lip; i'm such a Wasp-y looking woman damnit!
    Alice, you are a hoot!

Default Re: Are lip injections ever an improvement?

Just think of Pete Burns, I don't think anything is worth having puss squirting out of your lips.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

I never think they are truly an improvement, because they simply mess up what you have to begin with. I believe most people regret it to a certain extent. As it were, in most cases, what you have naturally, be it nose, lips etc is what suits the rest of your features the best. Change one thing and the whole will very likely become unbalanced. And besides, who says lips have to be a specific thickness to look good? Or breasts a specific size? That is all bull crap. I dont think people think of the consequences enough, like the young women who very often get breast implants and then bemoan how lovely their breasts were to begin with, but now they cant go back, because they screwed up what they had before. I think the same goes with lips, the shape is stretched out by whatever you put in there, and you can never get back what you had to begin with, which was probably much better for you.

You can get a similar effect by rolling up your upper lip towards your nose and pressing on it for about 15 seconds................voila!! Instant trout pout which thankfully wears off.
    Behind every great man, there is a surprised woman.
    - - - Maryon Pearson

Bronze Member

I would like to give this question an honest answer. Of course they are often an improvement. There are good reasons for having injections, and if done properly and not excessive, the improvement can be excellent. Just because something is what you have to begin with (your natural lips or whatever) doesn't mean it is good or that it can't be improved

Some before and after examples that are an improvement:

Gold Member

I don't see much of a difference in the last set of before and afters. Just darker lipstick.

Bronze Member

Yes, I know. I knew someone would say that. I decided to post only photos of real people, and not the horror shows we are seeing from hollywood. The reason I chose that photo is because I've noticed everyone on these boards saying that the injections look bad because they are overdone and aren't subtle enough. Well, this one is subtle. It accentuates the shape of her lips just slightly, and that is enough. I think you would find that the shape would be the same with lipstick or without, however I really wish both photos were without lipstick. The whole point is to show the difference, and putting lipstick on only makes people question it.

The bottom photo is about the equivalent of only 1 cc. of restylane. I know, because I have that amount injected. I've suffered from chronic and severely chapped and dehydrated lips for too long, and nothing I tried helped the condition. My lips were looking crinkly and had lost some of their body. I don't know why anyone with healthy or full lips would inject them, but they do, which is ridiculous. I only wanted to restore mine to their former shape and size, and it worked beautifully. They look fantastic and I don't regret it at all. I don't know why so many celebrities end up looking like horrible freaks even though they supposedly have access to the very best doctors. Something is definitely wrong in tinseltown. But don't make the mistake of thinking that all lip injections look bad just because they and their docs use such bad taste and poor judgement.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information