Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The WTF blanket (Snuggie parody)

Quote Originally Posted by Hummus View Post
    My step mom bought a bunch of these and gave them out to everybody for Christmas. The kids loooove it!
    It is definatley the sort of thing you are given, isn't it? I would be secretly pleased to be given one, I think!!

Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I love that video it covers just about everything I was thinking while watching the commercial.
    But I agree that is someone gave me one I would snuggle up.
    Life is what happens to you
    While you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

Yeah, let's wear it to a ball game. Dumb fucks. Just put a coat, hat and gloves on.

Of course the inventor of this thing is laughing all the way to the bank.

We should collectively invent something fuck-tardish and split the profits. Any ideas?
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I'm beginning to think the people who make these products are just trying to fuck with us... create a totally worthless product made by Indonesian babies and see how many of them they can sell to retarded consumers.

Snuggie Pub Crawl coming

By Vikki Ortiz |Tribune staff reporter1:48 PM CST, February 13, 2009
    Like many others who've seen commercials for the Snuggie--"the Blanket with Sleeves!"--on TV, David Barnes and Dan Kuthy were fascinated.

The Chicago 20-something-olds chuckled at images of a man wearing the monk-like coverlet so he could more freely munch on popcorn, a woman being liberated by the Snuggie as she talked on a (cordless) phone, or perhaps best of all a family high-fiving while wearing the garments at an outdoor sporting event.

And then Barnes and Kuthy decided to Snuggie one better.

"We thought, imagine the vision of 1,000 people walking down Clark Street wearing Snuggies -- this is what we wanted to make happen," said Kuthy, a 23-year-old Lincoln Park resident and co-organizer of the Snuggie Pub Crawl planned for downtown Chicago on March 21.

Less than a week after the launch of SNUGGIE PUB CRAWL | Chicago 2009 – Hit The Bar With Your SNUGGIE Blanket On!, Barnes and Kuthy have e-mail addresses from more than 450 people interested in wearing the $19.99 Snuggies -- buy one, get one free, along with a free reading light -- for a blanket-covered, bar-hopping adventure.

"This is so wrong, but it feels so right," one commenter gushed on the Web site.

Barnes and Kuthy, who both have full-time Internet marketing jobs in Chicago, knew Snuggies were gaining cult-like status before they came up with the pub crawl concept.

One of many You Tube parodies of the Snuggie commercial dubs it "the blanket that will ruin your sex life" and "turn you into a complete shut-in that never leaves the house." A Snuggie Fan Page on Facebook had more than 12,700 friends as of Friday. It's also creating a buzz on Tweeter, Yelp and Digg.

Barnes and Kuthy hope to strike a deal with the Snuggie manufacturer to provide blankets for sale at the pub crawl. They say they'll donate the proceeds to an orphanagein Tanzania.

If they pull off this year's event, Barnes and Kuthy want to make the Snuggie Pub Crawl an annual outing.

"It'll be our little mark on history, I suppose," Barnes said.
    Snuggie Pub Crawl coming -- chicagotribune.com
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Series: Shortcuts

Previous | Next | Index

Don't laugh - you'll be next

Comments (15)

The Snuggie. Photograph: Sarah Lee It lacks the rock chick cool of a Balmain blazer and the sexiness of Charlotte Olympia heels, but this $14.99 blanket with armholes could be the surprise fashion hit of the recession. The Snuggie looks like a combination of a fleece hospital gown (it's backless!) and Jedi robe, but since its debut in October more than 4m have been sold.
    Sales surged after the first airings of a two-minute infomercial featuring a woman driven to despair by the difficulties of wearing a blanket. She couldn't answer the phone, play backgammon or eat popcorn without exposing her arms to cold air.
    Tribute videos, mocking and exultant, promptly appeared on YouTube. Ellen DeGeneres donned a Snuggie on her chatshow and Jay Leno talked about it too. The ads found an audience among millions of Americans spending more time at home and wanting to save money on their heating bills. No wonder - motivation to do anything but loaf dissipates the second I shrug into a Snuggie. It's like wearing a hug. The length makes walking any further than the fridge unimaginable, and if that's not enough to keep you indoors, the quizzical looks from fellow shoppers certainly are. "It does look a bit ridiculous," one passerby offers.
    The success of the Snuggie has brought competitors. The Toasty Wrap, tartan Cuddlewrap and reversible Snug Sack have sold out. Then there's the Slanket, which claims to predate the Snuggie. "They knocked us off," says Gary Clegg, who says he invented the Slanket in 2006. "They saw our success - we did the work for them and they knew it would work on TV." For now, Slankets are the option available to UK shoppers, although the makers of the Snuggie have plans for expansion.
    What will they think of next? Snuggie-style innovators could start by addressing the draught - a back panel would help. A zip would combat static-cling, and leg holes would make it more street-worthy.
    There you have it, perfect for British winters - a ski suit.
    Don't laugh at the Snuggie - you'll be next | Life and style | The Guardian

'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this, but Joe the Plumber is a fan of this shit. WTF indeed.

Conservatives embrace the Snuggie - Patrick Gavin - POLITICO.com

I still don't see how this is any different than putting on a fleece robe backwards.

Hence the WTF part of it.. lol.. I can cut holes in an old blanket for free and probably look less idiotic than the people that pay $20 for the Snuggie.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I still don't see how this is any different than putting on a fleece robe backwards.
    It's not different. I'm convinced people will buy anything.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information