Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worst Thanksgiving Ever stories

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    No stories like that. Just an elderly relative with Alzheimer's suddenly yelling at the top of her lungs "Esther! What's that horse doing in here! Normal people don't have livestock in the house!" While pointing at my sister-in-law across the table. Conversation came to a screeching halt for a moment.
    Shit, I can only imagine the neighing, braying, mooing and barking that would've been coming from my relatives after an outburst like that.... priceless
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Well, this year I was called a queer at the dinner table. Then my nephew insisted that I couldn't be queer cause queers don't eat cause they all think they are fat. Good times.

Good grief. I hope not all your family is like that.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Heh, my grandmother brought a gay couple she's been hanging out with to Thanksgiving dinner, which was fine and good but a little surprising considering just a few years ago she was declaring 'All gay men are perverts who worship phalluses!"

Its a pleasant and amusing change in her. Now she's all ticked off that her two new friends don't have the right to marry. This is the same grandmother who has a life-size standee of Bush Senior in her living room....
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

One year at Thanksgiving, when my husband's great uncle was still alive, he rambled on and on about gays, Jehovah Witnesses and Mexicans at the dinner table.

It was so embarassing to hear his bigot rant. And what was worse is that my gay uncle in law was sitting at the table with his Mexican-Native American partner.

OMG....thats terrible, Dwarf!
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    One year at Thanksgiving, when my husband's great uncle was still alive, he rambled on and on about gays, Jehovah Witnesses and Mexicans at the dinner table.

It was so embarassing to hear his bigot rant. And what was worse is that my gay uncle in law was sitting at the table with his Mexican-Native American partner.
    see, the only thing that would have made that better is if the uncle and his partner were also jehova's witnesses...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    No stories like that. Just an elderly relative with Alzheimer's suddenly yelling at the top of her lungs "Esther! What's that horse doing in here! Normal people don't have livestock in the house!" While pointing at my sister-in-law across the table. Conversation came to a screeching halt for a moment.

These stories are great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Love the stories!!!
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    OMG....thats terrible, Dwarf!
    I know. It was so uncomfortable and I felt like no one wanted to correct him because he was just an old fool. We kept making eye contact with other people across the table like, "WTF?" It was horrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    see, the only thing that would have made that better is if the uncle and his partner were also jehova's witnesses...
    I know, huh? He also went on and on about French people and then finally a few of the family members said something. Only because they are French, so it was okay to insult others, but not them. And it was an odd rant about French people because the great uncle was also from France. So he was shit talking his own ethnicity and country. It was bizarre, I think he was losing it.

Speaking of crazy uncles, my husband's nutty, gun-toting, hoarding uncle, Uncle T is beginning to truly lose his mind this year. He's 60-ish, has definitely traveled by plane plenty of times before--he's known for inviting himself to his brothers' family homes entirely unannounced and stayed for extended periods for no real reason. So the family doesn't exclude him but mostly avoids him so he doesn't end up "latching on" and following them home or something.

This time he was traveling on the same flight as his brother M. They get to the gate to begin boarding and they ask him for his boarding pass. He looks at the agent blankly and says "what's a boarding pass?" He was completely serious.

He ended up missing his flight, had to wait for a later flight while they figured out what to do with him. And then he did the exact same thing on the next leg of the flight. We still haven't heard if he made it home and have visions of him lost and living at the airport, like in that Tom Hanks movie but with far more crazy...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information