Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The worst gifts I've ever received from a man (don't buy these for your wife!)

^ Great way to think about it. I like to think I am that way, too.

The worst gift my husband ever got me was this shoddily embroidered country looking thing that says "Sit a Spell" and has a chicken on it. However, he bought it because he got to talking with the old lady who ran the booth, and she was really sweet, so he wanted to buy something. lol. So I look at my tacky embroidered chicken when I feel like ripping his throat out and it helps me remember what a sweet guy my dh.

It beats the Precious Moments dolls my MIL sends me. Blech.

A*O

My late MIL was a very, ahem, "thrifty" woman. She was famous for sending birthday and Xmas cards with a slip of paper inside which she'd signed instead of the card itself. It was a standing family joke and we didn't mind really. She was a pioneer re-cycler!

However, she once gave my son a toy car for his birthday that was very obviously "pre-loved" with paint chips and a wonky wheel. I felt a bit guilty that it pissed me off so much, but it did.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

hrmm.. ive bever gotten a bad gift per se.. then again, ive never gotten a lot of them. Don't think I've ever regifted either.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I got a vacuum for Christmas...and I was so happy!! My boyfriend bought me a Dyson Animal. I wanted it and wasn't about to shell out the $500 for it.

Most of the men in my life have been good gifters. However, one of their mother's sent me a Chia Pet sort of thing that was supposed to grow strawberries. It was awful. Plus, I was re-gifted a vanilla candle that was covered in dust.

I loath regifting-unless you just cannot stand the person. My ex's aunt-a woman of great wealth-gave my son a bottle warmer when he was born. Inside the box was a card saying Happy Baby Shower signed from a friend of hers. She had a year old baby! I wanted to send it to her with a note saying she had forgotten this note and I was afraid she might want it for her son's baby book,but chickened out.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

A*O

I have an Italian friend whose husband gives her the most gorgeous, perfect gifts all the time. Jewels, bags, even shoes. All thoughtfully chosen. He's Italian too which probably makes the different - he actually ENJOYS shopping for "girlie" stuff. My husband won't set foot in a mall, let alone a shop.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

My dad married a meth addict once. She did the Christmas shopping, and my sister & I got ugly track suits and tacky snowglobes.

I had a childhood friend with a crazy aunt. Every single year, she gave the family the same birdwatching book.

Can't think of a bad gift I've gotten from a man.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    My dad married a meth addict once. She did the Christmas shopping, and my sister & I got ugly track suits and tacky snowglobes.

I had a childhood friend with a crazy aunt. Every single year, she gave the family the same birdwatching book.

Can't think of a bad gift I've gotten from a man.
    Snowglobes! There's an idea!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

My mother and two of her friends make some sort of passive aggressive game out of re-gifting shit to each other and see who can give the biggest covert fuck you via a shitty present. They apparently enjoy it, but I think it's pointless and stupid and I guess I just don't get it.

And in the realm of terrible receivers, my mother's mother finds another way to be a huge asshole. She'll ask for specific things that cannot be returned and then find something she hates about it and refuse to accept it. For example, she asked my parents for a "nice bookcase" for Christmas one year. My father, who tolerates the hateful shrew at the best of times, went out of his way to have one specially made for her to her specifications. That twat took one sweeping look at it and said she didn't think she'd take it after all because she wasn't sure she wanted something that big in her living room. And yes, she knew it was made for her - there are endless examples of her doing this. My solution of telling her to go fuck herself and gift wrapping a bottle of cheap booze for her lush ass hasn't caught on yet.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

^^^What is WRONG with people????
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I told me grandmother once, when I was about 8, that I liked unicorns. Every birthday and Christmas after that I got a unicorn in some form or other. The worst was a unicorn painting on black velvet and whenever she came by I had to drag that shit out and display it like I loved it.

**sigh** still wish she was around to give me more ugly unicorns though.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Never tell a grandparent you like something, they buy you everything they can find to do with it, kinda sweet though

Lola- Your "flames on the side of my face" comment made me laugh, do you like the film "clue"?

Love it. My blog has a 'flames' icon which I use quite often
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I love it too, one of my favourite films

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information