Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is your biggest fear?

My biggest one is something happening to BF.
    I'm also scared of supernatural things, poisonous snakes, becoming physically or mentally handicapped, and being trapped underwater.

Silver Member

Time, space, eternity really freaks me out.

www.literaryhipsternerd.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by wheelbarrow View Post
    ^ do you mean all kinds of balloons? do you remember when you started fearing them?

ever since i can remember. family photos of me with a balloon and you see my face just terrified. Mylars dont bother me tho. and to hear that gawdawful sound when they are being blown up? eek. my heart races, i break out in a sweat, i have trouble breathing. its all the same from the sound of them filling up, a kid touching the balloon, just SEEING the balloon in a store, to the actual popping. its awful
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Gold Member

Being in a vat with millions of live cockroaches. (The big ones though). Eek I am shuddering as I confess this.

My worst fears are dying a violent death, by drowning, burning, suffocating, or being violently murdered by some psychopath.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelbarrow View Post
    i have had a phobia of insects/molluscs for most of my life. i can't even look at pictures of them or i'll hyperventilate and have a panic attack. when i was in high school i had to drop biology because there was a unit on worms and i just couldn't deal with it at all. my parents tried to get me to see a therapist but i knew they would try to cure me by showing me progressively scarier pics and conditioning me to stop being afraid. i couldn't accept that kind of cure. i was genuinely convinced i would die of a heart attack before it was over.

these days i am still afraid, but it's not as bad as before because i have started to accept some insects/molluscs. i can look at squids and bees and a couple of other things. in general, i still hate them though. i tell all my friends that if they ever purposefully tried to show me a bug or mollusc the friendship would be over forever no matter how much they apologized afterwards. i would consider it an attempted murder.
    I knew a girl who is deathly afraid of butterflies. Just butterflies, no other insects. She didn't know why, but she couldn't stand to look at them or pictures of them either, she'd just freak. I've always wondered about phobias like these, and the balloons too. Just seem sooo specific that it's intriguing and make me wonder how they came to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    My worst fears are dying a violent death, by drowning, burning, suffocating, or being violently murdered by some psychopath.

I knew a girl who is deathly afraid of butterflies. Just butterflies, no other insects. She didn't know why, but she couldn't stand to look at them or pictures of them either, she'd just freak. I've always wondered about phobias like these, and the balloons too. Just seem sooo specific that it's intriguing and make me wonder how they came to happen.
    Butterflies is a weird fear nowadays. Since the earliest days we're always taught about beautiful and ugly animals... I can still remember when I was something like 4 or five playing flash-cards at school with swans, butterflies, puppies and so on...
    Three reasons to be teacher: June, July, August.

Want to hear my biggest fear?

Vomiting.

Yes. That's right. VOMITING.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post

Vomiting.

-> -> ->

It sounds dumb right? But I swear to God, I would rather be shot through the head than ever throw up again. Turns out I have "emetophobia." There are dozens of us! DOZENS!

Death. Especially an untimely or particularly gruesome one. Got fingers crossed I'll be 110 yrs old and go peacefully in sleep. But what are the chances?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post

Vomiting.

Oh me too! I hate it. You could call it a fear....
    If i feel nauseous i suck lemons instead of throw up.

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    Oh me too! I hate it. You could call it a fear....
    If i feel nauseous i suck lemons instead of throw up.
    What is that you really fear about vomiting? I mean, when it happens, because sometimes it does and it is normal, what is that you are scared of? Vomit can't kill, you don't have to be upsed about it

Instead, it is acutally a good thing our body does, it helps to expel the stuff our stomach doesn't need.
    Have you ever tried to rationalize it???

^Emetophobia is a real phobia! My emetophobia is under control, but it has had it moments......Yikes. There was a point where people thought I had an eating disorder. I don't, not necessarily...I mean, I love food, it's just that I'm afraid to throw up.

When I was pregnant, I had HELLA morning sickness, and survived it. But it didn't take the phobia away. At least I'm not as bad as I was. I'm still a little superstitious but it's not out of control.

Here's something funny:

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia

Know what it is?
    It's the fear of long words!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by waikiki View Post
    What is that you really fear about vomiting? I mean, when it happens, because sometimes it does and it is normal, what is that you are scared of? Vomit can't kill, you don't have to be upsed about it

Instead, it is acutally a good thing our body does, it helps to expel the stuff our stomach doesn't need.
    Have you ever tried to rationalize it???
    I know, and it crosses my mind that i'll feel BETTER if i vomit, but I still hate the feeling.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information