Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: What does your country lead the world in? (helpful map included)

So Burma is number one at speaking Burmese? No fucking shit? Whowouldathunk?
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Kinda glad we are not leading in debt or childhood obesity but smoking is no surprise. It is the one thing I will definitely not miss when I move from here. If any of you miss the good old days of smoking indoors just come here for a visit. It is illegal but people just couldn't care less.
    effie2 likes this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

A*O

Ha ha, in some respects I think Greece probably leads the world in Couldn't Care Less too. Or maybe it's a national unwillingness to follow the rules, eg, paying taxes [duck and cover]. And try asking a bunch of bubbles to form an orderly queue. I say this with love.
    effie2 likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I'm moving to Greece, what's not to love in a nation of IDGAF?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I'm moving to Greece, what's not to love in a nation of IDGAF?

There are some good and some bad parts. Totally recommended for a holiday but actually living here can be very frustrating. My Norwegian coped just fine, though, and actually loves it here even though the mindset and attitudes are as far removed from Norway as you can get.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

well my next holiday destination leads in homicide. I might rethink that.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    ^ That's what I thought too , instead it says getting killed by lawnmowers ! Which seems like a problem that would come right out of Florida , In Michigan I would assume it's a mix of lawnmowers and snow blowers/snow plows

annnnd Nobel Laureates!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

my colombian friend (and ween fan) saw this map and said it should read 'bananas and blow' instead of 'rain' for his country.

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

"Quality of life" for Ireland? Fuck off. Have been enough and know enough people that the economy there is in the toilet. I'm assuming all of the Irish must have been drunk when asked about it.
    funky_chicken and sputnik like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I was in Ireland this summer and I was a bit shocked about the economy there. So many restaurants that were closed but had recommendation on tripadvisor from only months earlier. And also many castle ruins that were in a very very bad shape because noone took care of them anymore; you had to struggle through thorn bushes to get to them, and all the stairs were broken.
    -

My friend's parents moved to Ireland when she went away to uni, must have been 2007. They bought their dream home, did it up, bought animals, very rustic and beautiful. I walked all through their grounds, they had old Church ruins there. Really, really special. Then their other daughter started a family, and they are now grandparents to two lovely little girls and are trying to desperately to sell up and move back to the UK to be there for their new family. The house has been on the market for about 3 years, not one offer. It's very, very sad, but it's a reality in Ireland. Again, quality of life was probably meant to be availability of liquor (or maybe that's what the Irish are measuring it by?).
    funky_chicken likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    My friend's parents moved to Ireland when she went away to uni, must have been 2007. They bought their dream home, did it up, bought animals, very rustic and beautiful. I walked all through their grounds, they had old Church ruins there. Really, really special. Then their other daughter started a family, and they are now grandparents to two lovely little girls and are trying to desperately to sell up and move back to the UK to be there for their new family. The house has been on the market for about 3 years, not one offer. It's very, very sad, but it's a reality in Ireland. Again, quality of life was probably meant to be availability of liquor (or maybe that's what the Irish are measuring it by?).
    Sounds like a great spot for a GR compound.
    Mel1973 and levitt like this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

unfortunately I didn't found the liqueur to be that cheap. well I live in Switzerland, almost everything is cheaper than here, but it was more expensive than in other European countries.
    I loved it anyway. Great vacation, beautiful landscape, absolutely nice people!
    -

Ireland is more or less like greece in more ways than the economy..actually from all the foreigners i met,Irish are the closest to our mentality and i feel a real connection to their culture.I hope they will make it,i love the Irish people and i know what they are going through..
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information