Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: What colour is this dress????

I keep hearing experts saying the brains of we white and gold people are correcting for the background color or something, but when I block out the background with my hands, I still see white and gold. If I really squint, though, I can make it pale blue and grey.

This dress is the 90's version of those stereogram pictures...

><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    So they are saying that people who see it black and blue are depressed? I see white and gold and I think I am a lot depressed. It's an ugly dress anyway no matter what color it is.
    Exactly, sounds like a crackpot theory. I see blue and black and I'm not depressed. This isn't a new phenomena, I'm blown away by this being such a huge news item. I'm sure we've all had the experience where one person insists something is one colour, but another insists it's not. Seems to be when it's lighter shades such as pinks and purples etc.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I saw this earlier, and the internet is freaking out because people cannot agree if the dress is white & gold or black & blue.

It looks so obviously white & gold to me, I can't understand how people are seeing black or blue at all.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/catesish/hel...pgp#.tmRmEw3DJ
    Backatchya, but flip the white and gold with the black and blue. All I see is black and blue. I've seen some people see the dress in different places on the internet, and see it differently in each, but in every picture for me, it's black and blue. Such a weird thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    This dress is the 90's version of those stereogram pictures...

I can NEVER see the hidden object and I swear when I see these paintings/pictures, I go into an irrational rage. Remember, they even did a whole Seinfeld episode revolving around them?
    sprynkles, venue_26 and yanna like this.

Elite Member

It's a schooner!
    Icepik likes this.

I loved those stereogram things! The first time I saw one it kind of scared me like I was falling into another dimension or something.

For whats it worth...on tv I saw the dress and blue and black. On a yahoo article it was light blue and brownish lace. On THIS post I see it as white and gold. Go figure.

im kind of scared. its black and blue, the owner and the dress maker said its blue and black lace. who on earth is seeing white and gold???

I still see it as white and gold when I see it flashed on different places. Then I glance away, and look back, it is blue and black and stays that way.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I must have looked at this fucking hideous dress a hundred times over the last 24 hours and I'm not seeing black or blue at any time. White and gold all the way.
    A*O, sputnik, dexter7 and 1 others like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

i am actually colour blind. (it's true, i swear. and yes i know women aren't supposed to be colour blind. i am a genetic mutant). and i see white and gold. so while it makes no fucking sense and i think the real answer is probably that the way the picture was taken - with flash and bad lighting - probably distorted the colours. and for some freaky reason some people can see through the distortion? i don't know. it's the only explanation i can come up with. but anyway, since i'm a genetic freak who doesn't see colours the same way normal people do, i'm inclined to believe the blue and black people are probably right.

also, this wins the internet for today:

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    i sent it to about 10 people.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    It's a schooner!
    Bah hahaha! That was awesome!

I was out tonight with 3 guys. First one shows up and this dress comes up on the TV on ESPN and I say to him "gold and white or black and blue?" and he looks at me like I'm crazy. So I proceed to bring up a mutual FB friends' post with the dress in what looks, to me, like gold and white. I explain the debates that have been going on and he says it looks gold and white...obviously. We laugh.

Second friend shows up and this dress thing comes up. I bring up the same photo I'd shown friend 1 earlier...both guys say gold and white.

Third friend shows up. Again this stupid dress convo comes up, and I bring up the EXACT SAME PIC I'd brought up two times before, and guy 1 and 2 both say....it looks black and blue. 3rd guy totally thinks black and blue.

I'm like...you guys are fucking with me, right? to guys 1 & 2. Because we just literally looked at this exact same photo not 20 minutes earlier. They were both freaking out. I was freaking out. It looked exactly the same to me every single time. They kept looking at it like I was messing with them.

IDK WTF is up with this picture, but I just witnessed three guys completely freak the fuck out over it. Plus me, because I just watched two guys' version of the color of the dress change right in front of their eyes.

Mind officially blown.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

I keep looking at it hoping to see black & blue. Nope. Every single time it's white & gold to me.
    faithanne likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information