One day, I was about to cook some eggs and I reached over to adjust the electric grill pad on the stove, because it was kind of tilted. Except that I forgot that it was already on. Instantly, my finger was seared by the heat.
It produced this huge white blister on the inside of my middle finger. To amuse myself, a little later I painted an iris and pupil on it. It kind of looked like something out of a Stephen King short story. My kids were really freaked out about it, and I used to chase them around the house waving the finger at them. Below is a picture I took of it. (No scars by the way.)