Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: University student gets his REVENGE on Wal-Mart

loved it!!!!wal-mart 'sucks' for lack of a better word
    When you're strange
    Faces come out of the rain

Gold Member

People have no idea just how evil Walmart truly is. The things they do to save a buck and this is something that just completely floored me, their "targeted demographics", uh, it's pretty specific. We have at least 6 that are within an hour from us and I don't know if the stores are the way they are because of what the reports show or if the reports are the way they are because of Walmart.

There have been many days that I leave that dumb place with my eye twitching and having at least one good yell in the aisle.

I think the last one was something along the lines of "that's horseshit, that man is not a doctor, he is a pharmacist in Walmart, again, not a doctor and you are not his patient..."

It's the necessary evil.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

When I spent last summer in North America, I did go into a few Walmarts, and encountered a couple of 'workers'. What a bizarre breed!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Arrow

Not snarking at you, but it's the necessary evil because even when people understand exactly why WalMart is so evil and so detrimental for our country and the planet, they won't stop shopping there because the best deals are mostly there.

Those deals are there because WalMart engages in very disadvantageous employee health care practices, which places a burden on the local, state and federal welfare and health care system.

Until people en masse become willing to STOP shopping there and cripple WalMart's empire, nothing is going to change. I haven't shopped there in over 5 years, nor has anyone in my family. But it takes masses of people to effect change. There is no motivation for that change, however.

People should remember that every time they walk in to a WalMart for their damn deals, and think about all the elderly and people of humble background trying to scrape out a living by working at WalMart.

I'm not trying to start an argument and I'm not going to debate anyone. The research is there. I'll just simply post my term paper in response to any callouts. It has all the facts and statistics, and also references and links.

Reading it is anyone's choice - or not.

Gold Member

I get what you're saying Mira, I really do. If I could afford to pay the prices of Target or the grocery store all the time, you wouldn't see me in Walmart! Since I can't afford $17 for a bottle of ibuprofen at my grocery store which is cheaper than what the local pharmacy charges, I find myself at Walmart where it's only $7 something. A gallon of orange juice is $6 at my grocery store and only $3 at Walmart and that difference adds up quick.

Walmart is a bully. They have control over the big names and that takes away any chance that the little companies have. They use that control to set their prices and can pretty much decide whether or not a company can survive.

As far as their insurance, the last I heard, their plans aren't that far off from what most people have BUT the difference is their employees aren't in an income bracket to afford it and I think most opt out. I think as long as they offer a health care plan, they're in the clear. It was the same when my sister worked at Royal Farms. She was 19, an assistant manager and working very full time and there was no way she could afford their health care on her salary.

I didn't get a chance to read all of this book but what I did was pretty interesting, Amazon.com: The United States of Wal-Mart: Books: John Dicker

Ibuprofen costs you $17?!!? What the heck?!?! You could buy it in England for less than a dollar!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yeah, that's one of the good one - The United States of WalMart. And yes, Ibuprofen is a real racket here in the States. I pay $10 co-pay for 90 800 mg. tabs. Otherwise, that same bottle would be around $20. Even $10 is too much for what it costs to mfg. it.

Oh and mklady thanks for posting that additional info on WalMart. I think most people do realize how bad they are. It's the old "keep the masses in the bread line and at survival level" policy. Turns the masses against each other too, because people are forced to shop there even though they know that the completely morally unethical policies ultimately hurt the employees and the local community, and on out to encompass the entire country (and now planet).

Wow thats ludicrous. When I came to America I had been told everything would be cheaper. That was the case for some food and accommodation but not general shopping at all!

Gold Member

America is wonderfully inventive in its ways of taking your money, lol. Over the Christmas holidays, they were showing on the news how many people were coming here for clothes shopping because it was like a 1/2 price sale.

Medications are ridiculous here and Walmart just made this big whoopie-doo over offering 300 different medications at $4. Once you get to their website and start looking, it's really about 100 different meds in their various forms and they're older meds. So, I might save $6 on 20 Amoxicillin but that's about all I can get from that list.

good story.

My mom worked there for 13 years until she hurt her back i also worked there for about 6mts trust me people you would rather scrape shit off the sidewalk this is the worst place in the world to work.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information