Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Top 60 ghetto names

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    Ah, my brother ended up doing that too. I just waited till I got married. I can relate to your name frustrations!

My maiden name is Irish and everyone screwed it up because no one had seen it before, it sucked. And my first name gets mispronounced/spelled wrong constantly. It's not really common, but it's also not a weird name. My teacher last week somehow called me THREE different names in a 3 hour period. I just answered to all of them because some people will never get my first name. My friend kept snickering the whole time.

This is why I named my kid a normal, easily pronounceable name with normal spelling!
    I can definitely relate to this. I was given an ethnic name that was mispronounced and misspelled ALL the time especially throughout my years of school. Even to this day, I am continually correcting people how to pronounce my name properly. As for spelling, gosh, forget it.
    Rock the fuck on!

Oh my frickin' Lord! How did I miss this?

An absolute scream, dog!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah, i never wanted to take a husbands name before, but now i look forward to it I need a clean start anyways

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkbB0u26mMY[/youtube]

Out-takes.

Some of my nieces and nephews are: Shawntelle Lee (said Shawn-telly), D'Shaun (said Day Shaun), Tavaris & Zakaryiah. My mother has yet to master spelling on any of them. Hell, she can't even get my brother Michael's name correct- MICHEAL every time. (She's dyslexic, seriously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    Some of my nieces and nephews are: Shawntelle Lee (said Shawn-telly), D'Shaun (said Day Shaun), Tavaris & Zakaryiah. My mother has yet to master spelling on any of them. Hell, she can't even get my brother Michael's name correct- MICHEAL every time. (She's dyslexic, seriously.)
    I know it's terrible, but I chuckled. It's her own kid and she can't spell his name. At least she has a good excuse though!

My favorite college professor is dyslexic and she spells things wrong constantly, but sometimes it's so bad we don't even know what the word is suppose to be. My teacher has a great sense of humor though, so we all laugh about it and she teases herself, too.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    I know it's terrible, but I chuckled. It's her own kid and she can't spell his name. At least she has a good excuse though!

My favorite college professor is dyslexic and she spells things wrong constantly, but sometimes it's so bad we don't even know what the word is suppose to be. My teacher has a great sense of humor though, so we all laugh about it and she teases herself, too.
    She pokes fun at herself all the time about it. My dad always fills out cards, etc cause she just won't. She has a little sheet that lists everyone's full name spelt correctly with their birthdate and still won't do it. Funny thing is she's a teacher with a school for the blind and has the worst spelling and grammar. Her speciality is teaching Braille.

My one niece is Gianna. (Gee-A-Nuh) My father says it, "Gee Anna". Drives me crazy.

Part of me says why do people say some names are acceptable and others are not since they are all nothing but a sound that had no meaning until one was assigned. The other part of me does agree that some people will be held back in life because they were given names that fall out of the "norm" and make people uncomfortable.

When I was pregnant with my daughter I put a lot of thought into what we would name her. We got it down to Sydney, Alexandra and Jordan. My husband ruled out Jordan because the last name is very Jewish and he said it would sound like she was an old bald Jewish accounant. He didn't like Sydney because of the Mayflower madaam. We went with Alexandra since she would have more choices. We call her Lexie now. Then as an adult she can choose to be Alex or Alexandra if she wants to switch and sound more business like.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

Default re

My BIL has twin nephews named O'tay and Re'tay.

My husband's step cousin named her kids Lucky (boy) and Dixie Lou (girl).

How white trash does that sound? And she's way into the 40's pinup look/lifestyle, so her kids dress trashy as well.

It's sad, they are going to be made fun of so much when they go to school and they are the ones who will have to have these names forever. But the mother doesn't care because she thinks it's cool....

Lucky? Sounds like a dog's name.

Dixie Lou sounds like a hillbilly.

Poor kids!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Not funny at all...
    Well, of course you wouldn't think so.

I, however, am still LMAO!! And for the record, I know a skinny white girl named Tiana (tee-AH-nuh). Cracks me up every time I talk to her!
    Bringin' up old shit since 1998.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information