Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Top 60 ghetto names

I thought it was funny... I think it had more to do with their delivery.. like when that guy smacked his lips lol... than the actual names. Although some of them were pretty hilarious. (Clitorisandra)

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    That'a not always the case. When you're born you have no control over what your parents name you and what they found cute, different, or even artistic at that time. I know I lucked up, but I went to school and had friends who parents were very afrocentric at the time..so they grew up with names like Zanobia, Afrika, and D' Nile. I also had friends who parents had influences from Islam. I went to school with a lot of Keisha's, Monique's, and later in life met a LaQuanna, and Mar' Quitta with Doctorats... their names should not get them classed as ghetto, since you don't know how they behave, act, or live their lives. However, I didn't grow up in the ghetto or the hood, neither did the people with those names..that's why it's not funny.
    True, kids don't have any control over what they get named, but those names in bold are ghetto names. It's not about the people being ghetto, but about the names being ghetto. My mother originally wanted to name me 'DayShaun,' but thankfully my father put the smackdown on that idea.

My mother thought she was being Afrocentric, just like some of those other parents, but those names aren't Afrocentric. I remember some book came out in the 70's or 80's where somebody made up a bunch of allegedly Afrocentric names and people believed they were.
    Last edited by kingcap72; April 16th, 2009 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    True, kids don't have any control over what they get named, but those names in bold are ghetto names. It's not about the people being ghetto, but about the names being ghetto. My mother originally wanted to name me 'DayShaun,' but thankfully my father put the smackdown on that idea.

My mother thought she was being Afrocentric, just like some of those other parents, but those names aren't Afrocentric. I remember some book came out in the 70's or 80's where somebody made up a bunch of allegedly Afrocentric names and people believed they were.
    They're not ghetto, they are tacky. And there's nothing wrong with DayShaun.. Day'Shaun on the otherhand..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

the best one I ever heard in person was Polo...a little boy...hilarious

and there's that comedian that does a bit about meeting a girl on the internet, and her ad said she was Latina, but when he picks her up at her house she's black and he's surprised ....turns out, it's not Latina, it's La'tina
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

So what is everybody's name. Mine is Diana.

My name was part of the names in a few of them to funny!

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    They're not ghetto, they are tacky. And there's nothing wrong with DayShaun.. Day'Shaun on the otherhand..
    True, the names are tacky, but they're also ghetto. If you're named Anfernee, LaQuisha, Latrice, etc, before anybody meets you the name brings up an image of 'ghetto.'

It's just like if somebody is named 'Muffy,' 'Buffy,' 'Chet,' or 'Biff' it makes people think wealthy/snotty. It doesn't mean they are, but the name conjures up that image.

^ True, but I just didn't think it was funny, they seem like two douches sorry.

^^Yeah, they are two douches, but I thought some of the names were funny.

Gold Member

My name is a classic girl's name and very old. I don't understand why so many people call their children awful , tacky names.

Quote Originally Posted by FierceKiten View Post
    Lovely put.

It is quite common to have names like these, although they arent to be made fun of. Nor associated as "Ghetto" and I did not find the video funny at all. Other cultures have names that different but they should be respected.
    understood. just like I get tired of people being "stupid" just because they are from the south. on some level, by someone out there (mostly Grim) we all get made fun of by some jackass!
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    exactly.
    i was just about to post, what do you think of when you see the names bobby jo, tammy faye, jim bob, etc? tell me you don't think white trash or duggars and i'll tell you i think you're lying. even if the jim bob in question isn't a duggar but a PhD. it still sounds inbred and hillbilly.
    bubba, billy bob, mabel, gertie, bertie, myrtle... ok - some of those are just old people names but still...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Unless of course their name is Jade, then we clearly have a whore on our hands.
    oh & Shayna is whore a too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    Jade, Jaid, Jayd, Jayde...can you think of any more?
    different spellings or just other names that destined to be whores?
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    True, the names are tacky, but they're also ghetto. If you're named Anfernee, LaQuisha, Latrice, etc, before anybody meets you the name brings up an image of 'ghetto.'

It's just like if somebody is named 'Muffy,' 'Buffy,' 'Chet,' or 'Biff' it makes people think wealthy/snotty. It doesn't mean they are, but the name conjures up that image.
    And heres the pictures:
    LaQuisha, et al has fake nails about 2 inches long, hair that is 3 different colors and some tight ass pants and high heels.
    Muff, et al are wearing sweater sets, pleated skirts, pearls, pink lipstick, and loafers while playing croquet.... and they all have that same "I'm better than you" or "I just stepped in dog shit" look on their faces!
    Chet and Biff are naked peeping into the men's room at the country club...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

^^^ The most famous 'Biff' of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    And heres the pictures:
    LaQuisha, et al has fake nails about 2 inches long, hair that is 3 different colors and some tight ass pants and high heels.
    Muff, et al are wearing sweater sets, pleated skirts, pearls, pink lipstick, and loafers while playing croquet.... and they all have that same "I'm better than you" or "I just stepped in dog shit" look on their faces!
    Chet and Biff are naked peeping into the men's room at the country club...
    So Chet and Biff are Republicans, too.

Do people actually name their kids Buffy or Muffy, or is that just a nickname? I cannot believe anyone would actually name their kids something so horrendous. And I'm sorry, but many of these names ARE ghetto. Thats not a reflection on them as much as it is a reflection on their parents. I feel terrible for kids who have these names, as much as people don't realize it, it does limit them later in life. I bet you anything someone who picks up a resume and the name is D'Nile, Laquisha, etc., is not going to get as fair a shake as a Rebecca, Jennifer, etc. I can't believe parents don't think about these sort of things. I think when you name a child, you should concern yourself with how the name will follow them into adulthood as well. I have a problem with these trendy little girl names as well that these kids will be embarrassed by when they are older.

King, don't feel bad. My mom originally wanted to name me "Lacy" but paired with my maiden last name, it sounded like a stripper name. My father put his foot down (thank God) because he didn't want me to grow up hugging the pole My mom was just naive.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

what about trailer trash names?!!! like Jade and AmberLynne

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information