Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Top 60 ghetto names

These names are just as fun as the pageant ones.

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    at least I got it part right. But, why is a name with an apostrophe ghetto or hood rattish? It's still not funny.
    btw, my name is french with the correct spelling and no apostrophes.

Because usually the only people that name their kids names like these are people that are clearly ghetto. It's not us stereotyping them, it's them doing it to themselves.

Why don't you think its funny?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Because usually the only people that name their kids names like these are people that are clearly ghetto. It's not us stereotyping them, it's them doing it to themselves.

Why don't you think its funny?
    That'a not always the case. When you're born you have no control over what your parents name you and what they found cute, different, or even artistic at that time. I know I lucked up, but I went to school and had friends who parents were very afrocentric at the time..so they grew up with names like Zanobia, Afrika, and D' Nile. I also had friends who parents had influences from Islam. I went to school with a lot of Keisha's, Monique's, and later in life met a LaQuanna, and Mar' Quitta with Doctorats... their names should not get them classed as ghetto, since you don't know how they behave, act, or live their lives. However, I didn't grow up in the ghetto or the hood, neither did the people with those names..that's why it's not funny.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

^ I gotcha.

That'a not always the case. When you're born you have no control over what your parents name you and what they found cute, different, or even artistic at that time. I know I lucked up, but I went to school and had friends who parents were very afrocentric at the time..so they grew up with names like Zanobia, Afrika, and D' Nile. I also had friends who parents had influences from Islam. I went to school with a lot of Keisha's, Monique's, and later in life met a LaQuanna, and Mar' Quitta with Doctorats... their names should not get them classed as ghetto, since you don't know how they behave, act, or live their lives. However, I didn't grow up in the ghetto or the hood, neither did the people with those names..that's why it's not funny.
    Lovely put.

It is quite common to have names like these, although they arent to be made fun of. Nor associated as "Ghetto" and I did not find the video funny at all. Other cultures have names that different but they should be respected.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Just because the people themselves aren't low class doesn't mean their names alone will not give others the initial impression that they are. This is not confined to low income, urban blacks. When I see the name Rusty Lee or Naveah Krystal it conjures up images of trailer park feral kids with drunk parents. Sorry, but it does. And I actually like trailers in general. Just like some names sound like yuppie wanna be special even though I'm born and raised in white bread suburbia: Hunter Jaxon, Dakota Tyler, etc. KWIM? Tell me you wouldn't see the name Bambi Benbeck on a resume and wonder.......
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH6gcWM60UM[/YOUTUBE]
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Just because the people themselves aren't low class doesn't mean their names alone will not give others the initial impression that they are. This is not confined to low income, urban blacks. When I see the name Rusty Lee or Naveah Krystal it conjures up images of trailer park feral kids with drunk parents. Sorry, but it does. And I actually like trailers in general. Just like some names sound like yuppie wanna be special even though I'm born and raised in white bread suburbia: Hunter Jaxon, Dakota Tyler, etc. KWIM? Tell me you wouldn't see the name Bambi Benbeck on a resume and wonder.......
    exactly.
    i was just about to post, what do you think of when you see the names bobby jo, tammy faye, jim bob, etc? tell me you don't think white trash or duggars and i'll tell you i think you're lying. even if the jim bob in question isn't a duggar but a PhD. it still sounds inbred and hillbilly.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

SVZ

Also I think most people just recognize that it's a name. I'm not going to judge someone on their name, but I might judge their name though LOL!

Unless of course their name is Jade, then we clearly have a whore on our hands.

amen
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Unless of course their name is Jade, then we clearly have a whore on our hands.
    a stripper chav whore.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCdmiZyyGjQ&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
    Those kids are hysterical (and so right!)
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Guuuuurl!!! that bit had me in hysterics.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    a stripper chav whore.
    Jade, Jaid, Jayd, Jayde...can you think of any more?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information