Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Facebook Statuses That No One Gives A S**t About

I only have friends on Facebook who are interested in well, most of my status messages so we end up commenting back and forth.
    But TBH, I only write those status messages for myself, I use it as a valve (letting out both positive and negative thoughts)

Literally, my brother's only statuses consist of auto Mafia Wars updates ("Brother killed 15 hos today" or whatever). Now I think he's branched out into Farmville, though. I find it funny that he never comments or actually writes anything.

Elite Member

I post quotes from time to time, sometimes political cartoons. And it pisses me off when people start to argue with my quotes and cartoons.

I feel sorry for people whose only activity on Facebook is Mafia Wars and Farmville.

My MIL posts her daily workouts. "I have been to the gym 5 times this week and gone to 2 yoga classes. Hope I can keep it up!"

I initially tied in my twitter to FB but stopped when I realized it was like double posting. Shorty Ross (Pit Boss) does this all the damn time and it's just like reading spam. I am this close to just hiding him altogether.

I have done the song lyrics. My FB peeve is that there are a couple of my friends who "fish" for sympathy, attention, compliments. Very irritating. My SIL posts atleast one thing a week about her or her kids being more deathly ill than anyone else has ever been or there has been a death of a relative that she was very close to (yet no one had really ever heard her mention). She will update her status first with some cryptic message, like "Please pray for little Emma, she needs all the prayers she can get", which turns out to be possible chicken pox. Or she constantly mentions some ache or pain and always includes "so worried, hope it's not cancer." Constant negative drama. I don't even respond to that shit anymore. Just stupid.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lisalucy69 View Post
    My FB peeve is that there are a couple of my friends who "fish" for sympathy, attention, compliments. Very irritating. .
    lol ^ thats my pet peeve too, so dumb, and so transparant! i just ignore those people

most of FB is just ppl doing either that ^ or farming for fish or playing cafe world or other bullshit. its basically dead, but 1 good thing about it is ....... shit i forget, there was 1 thing i was really grateful about from it, ill think of it later

I rarely update my FB status...I only joined FB to keep in touch with friends who live long distance...I hate ppl who are constantly updating their statuses about every single little thing that happens or those who post long ass messages about their fucking day! Do you really think you're that important that people need to know that you're going to the toilet or what TV shows you're watching?

A girl I went to school with posts almost every freakin' day what she's making for dinner, that she went for a walk, and that she's waiting for her hunny to get home. Sheeesh, really? Nobody cares.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

another pet peeve is the update whores. 10 updates in less than 24 hours? no, you are not as quirky and adorable as you think you are and it stopped being cute ages ago. you're polluting my news feed. when you've got more updates in a day than npr.org, you know it's time to give it a rest.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

I activated my FB a little over a month ago, scrolling through members listing my old high school. Then I realized there is a reason I haven't talked to those people in 30 years. Goodbye! HA!

You will get an invite from an old 'friend' in high school, then about 5 days of rampant messaging, then silence. See you in 30 years.

Bible quotes drive me freaking insane.

Gold Member

I had to hide or even delete some people. I hid a woman who has to let us know every single day how much she loves her "hubby" and how "wonderful" he is. Another woman I hid would let us know what she was doing followed by how "blessed" she is for her family. Everyday!

I hide any sappy shit about love. Another favorite was some teenager posting "repent or perish!" as hers status.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    yeah or "i'm about to board my plane, waiting here at the airport" like really?! you really think anyone cares

its sad. a sad state of affairs.
    Guilty. If I am going somewhere with layovers or multiple destinations, I'll post which airport I'm at. If I encounter a huge delay, I'll bitch about it on my status.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I pretty much quit Facebook because of all the game updates and the stupid status updates.
    They stopped all that. No more game or app updates. It really had gotten way out of hand. Now the only notifications you get are ones about your friends. That's all I get, anyway. And you can customize your newsfeed. Lordy, I have about a dozen or more folks hidden from mine.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalucy69 View Post
    I have done the song lyrics. My FB peeve is that there are a couple of my friends who "fish" for sympathy, attention, compliments. Very irritating. My SIL posts atleast one thing a week about her or her kids being more deathly ill than anyone else has ever been or there has been a death of a relative that she was very close to (yet no one had really ever heard her mention). She will update her status first with some cryptic message, like "Please pray for little Emma, she needs all the prayers she can get", which turns out to be possible chicken pox. Or she constantly mentions some ache or pain and always includes "so worried, hope it's not cancer." Constant negative drama. I don't even respond to that shit anymore. Just stupid.
    Drives. Me. Nuts. One dude, a friend of a friend situation, is a desperate lonely geek. Went through this period where he posted cryptic shit about life not being worth living and wanting to end it all, not going to make it much longer, this may be it bc I can't stand it another minute, etc , then he would ignore all the OMG ARE YOU OK??? CALL ME!! I'M HERE FOR YOU!!! etc but his farmville updates would pop up over and over so everyone knew he was on fb. He was like a kid setting a house on fire and then running across the street to watch all the trucks come with the flashy sparkly lights.

Oh, and one day he got all demanding and said something like 'My life is horrible and nobody cares. I want to know exactly WHO my real friends are!!! Anybody who is reading this respond to me RIGHT NOW!!!' Nobody did. I have him hidden, but occasionally read his shit for lulz.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I want to know exactly WHO my real friends are!!! Anybody who is reading this respond to me RIGHT NOW!!!' Nobody did.

I have one of those "Luvs my hubby luvs mah babies" hookers too, we should all introduce them to each other and watch them thunderdome it out over who has the best famawie.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

i could also puke every time i see a "i love my children and being a mother makes me so happy i shit rainbows every day/jesus died for your sins, praise the lord!/cutesy, inspirational nonsense - if you agree, copy this and paste it as your status" update.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I have hidden NUMEROUS people, and am about to hide another guy---his fucking political BULLSHIT that he constantly posts is outta control. And if anyone even attempts to disagree w/him he freaks out and goes on and on and on about how Obama is the devil, etc. It doesn;t stop.

And the fishing posts are fucking insane too---I ignore evey single one of em. Screw it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information