Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: TERRIBLE Pinterest Life and Love Advice

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    It's kind of like that with Blix and I, too. There are definitely things he does, but I'm only in school half the day and he works a full day plus he has an almost hour long commute each way, so a lot of the household chores are mine.

The chores are pretty even on the weekends, though. He's not just going to sit there and watch while I do everything
    haha! Unfortunately on a weekend, its just as bad for us. Tonight he's on his way to Glasgow (is he Kari's secret love-man? LOL! If so, you can keep him tonight!!!) and will be back who-knows-when... Its already 21:20.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Ha! I was winding the Bloke up over the phone the other week and called him sweetiepops to annoy him. How the hell was I supposed to know that he had their new engineer in the car with him or that he was on the hands free setting? Serves him right for not immediately warning me that he wasn't alone.
    Bwahahahhaa! I used to do that to MrN all the time when he had an apprentice with him so in the end he used to start the convo with "hello and Danny is with me...."
    Karistiona and Kittylady like this.
    Free Charmed.

ManxMouse likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I guess I've got mine trained. After my work weekend the laundry and dishes were done, stuff that we were out of was picked up at the grocery, and even the bathroom was cleaned. But really, I think it's just that he hates mess/disorganization more than me.

And he knows I'm not gonna be good for anything the first day off after working almost non-stop for 2 days.
    sputnik likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i know i'd much rather live in filth than have a clean house but be full of suppressed passive-aggressive rage
    I'm with CFG, I can't stand filth but there was nothing passive-aggressive about my rage - I would nag loud and long and still nothing got done, and when it eventually did there would be much side-eyeing and glaring and then a job done quarter-arsed.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I'm with CFG, I can't stand filth but there was nothing passive-aggressive about my rage - I would nag loud and long and still nothing got done, and when it eventually did there would be much side-eyeing and glaring and then a job done quarter-arsed.
    This was the asshole you got rid of, right?
    faithanne likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    but they're not going to do it unless women make them. i look at some of my friends, and my sister - they all work full time just like their husbands/boyfriends and yet they still do the vast majority of the work at home. why? because they can't put up with mess or with shit not getting done the minute they want it to be done, or exactly how they want it to be done, and so their boyfriends/husbands have figured it out that if they just don't do what they're supposed to do, their wife/girlfriend will whine for 5 minutes but then she'll do it and they're off the hook.
    yeah, i think it is a point over who can't stand the mess more. i guess most of the time it's the women who have a bigger problem with it. me? I am lucky cuz it's my husband who is pickier. So he does most of the cleaning.......and it's exactly like you mentioned it, he thinks I can't do it as well as him. So I say, go for it buddy!

At least, I feel lucky. Other women might not.

^^^^
    this.
    As far as I'm concerned, when it comes to cleaning, I don't give a shit how someone does it as long as they're doing it, and I really couldn't care less if they're not doing it exactly the way I want, it's still better than doing it myself!
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I wish I coud be like that. But my guy goes through 2 bottles of windex and then declares the bathroom (or kitchen) clean. That's not the clean I need for those rooms and when time comes to tackle the actual windows all I'm left with is clorox. The only thing that works for me is to let him do the stuff he can be trusted with. Unnatural obsession with window cleaners? Put him in charge of windows, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    haha! Unfortunately on a weekend, its just as bad for us. Tonight he's on his way to Glasgow (is he Kari's secret love-man? LOL! If so, you can keep him tonight!!!) and will be back who-knows-when... Its already 21:20.....
    Novice likes this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I guess I've got mine trained. After my work weekend the laundry and dishes were done, stuff that we were out of was picked up at the grocery, and even the bathroom was cleaned. But really, I think it's just that he hates mess/disorganization more than me.

And he knows I'm not gonna be good for anything the first day off after working almost non-stop for 2 days.
    Valid point, but as MrN was away sundaynight/mondaymorning till Thirsday & then works 12-14 hour days (or nights), I'm giving him a pass.
    He did offer to get us a cleaner though....
    Free Charmed.

....and so on. And now the parodies of "justgirlythings"

Quote Originally Posted by *Kat* View Post

....and so on. And now the parodies of "justgirlythings"

shedevilang and Laxmobster like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

^^^^
    that's my favourite too.

lullllz!
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

The Lion King just isn't going to be the same now
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information