Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 128
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: TERRIBLE Pinterest Life and Love Advice

  1. #61
    Elite Member Chalet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    13,082

    Default

    A REal mAn chAngEs hIs lAsT NAme to yOUrs

    by Chalet
    OrangeSlice and SuriCruise like this.

  2. #62
    Elite Member WhateverLolaWants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    13,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I actually watch Red Eye sometimes, I don't know why. I don't agree with the statement there, but he always has a sort of stand up comedian tongue and cheek schtick about him which makes me wonder if he meant that completely seriously. But regardless I guess the person who posted it means it literally?
    She does. We called her on it, though, and pointed out that, for one, a Smith and Wesson never got anyone the vote. She agreed with that.
    Waterslide likes this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

  3. #63
    Elite Member Waterslide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    out where the buses don't run
    Posts
    10,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    She does. We called her on it, though, and pointed out that, for one, a Smith and Wesson never got anyone the vote. She agreed with that.
    Very good point about guns never getting anyone the vote, that's a good way to look at it. What gets me is that I have seen a lot of people on my facebook who take the gun thing way too far. Like if person A is going through a genuinely stressful thing with their relationship or with their job or something, then person B comes a long and says, "stop whining, if it were me I'd just get my gun out and show them who's boss," or some such nonsense. No matter what your stance on gun laws is, guns are never going to solve every problem in your life. That is just messed up.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

    Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

  4. #64
    Elite Member WhateverLolaWants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    13,660

    Default

    Yeah. I mean, everyone has their issues that they champion (My husband calls it 'selective zealotry') but extreme gun fans are kind of like breast-feeding or attached parenting fans in that they seem to insert their viewpoint into conversation where it's waaaaay out of left field. I mean, I don't come into a conversation about Junior having trouble at school and say, "This is why homosexuals should be allowed to marry."
    Waterslide likes this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

  5. #65
    Elite Member Waterslide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    out where the buses don't run
    Posts
    10,779

    Default

    LOL, that's exactly it! Can you imagine what people would do if you jumped into one of their conversations and said something like that? And btw, I love the phrase "selective zealotry".
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

    Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

  6. #66
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    51,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    A REal mAn chAngEs hIs lAsT NAme to yOUrs

    by Chalet
    ANd sHarEs HIs mEtHaDonE wITh yOu.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  7. #67
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,953

    Default

    oh .. goldust and little demerol... how we miss thee.
    shedevilang likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  8. #68
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    53,902

    Default

    Not pinterest, but Facebook. I may puke.

    Why Women are special ..(read this complete )

    Husband & Wife were watching TV when Wife said, "I'm tired, and it's getting late. I think I'll go to bed."

    She went to the kitchen to make sandwiches for the
    next day's lunches.

    Rinsed out the bowls, took vegetable out of the freezer for morning, checked the cereal box levels, filled the sugar container, put spoons and
    bowls on the table and started the coffee pot for brewing the
    next morning.

    She then ironed a shirt and secured a loose button.

    She picked up the game pieces left on the table, put the phone back on the charger and put the telephone book into the drawer.

    She emptied a wastebasket and hung up a towel to dry.

    She yawned and stretched and headed for the bedroom.

    She stopped by the desk and wrote a note to the teacher and pulled a text book out from hiding under the chair.

    She signed a birthday card for a friend, Addressed and stamped the envelope and wrote a quick
    note for the grocery store.

    She put both near her bag.
    Then she washed her face,
    put on her moisturizer,
    brushed her teeth.....

    Husband called out,
    "I thought you were going to bed."

    "I'm on my way," she said.

    She put some water into the dog's dish, then made sure the doors were locked.

    She looked in on each of the
    kids and turned out their
    bedside lamps and radios,
    and had a brief conversation with one kid who is still up doing homework.

    In her own room, she set the alarm; laid out clothing for the next day.

    Said her prayers, and visualized the accomplishment of her goals. about that time,

    Husband turned off the TV and announced to no one in particular.
    "I'm going to bed."

    And he did... without another thought.

    Anything Extraordinary Here?

    Share this to phenomenal women today... they' ll love
    you for it!

    And Forward this to as many men as you can so that they know why women are so special......!!!
    Join•••••Two Hearts As One





    Gag.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

    -- Stephen Hawking

  9. #69
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    41,605

    Default

    Haha! That's us, but I do all that shit because if I don't it won't get done, not because of anything exceptional.... Mind, MrN is usually asleep when he sat down by that point...
    shedevilang likes this.
    Free Charmed.

  10. #70
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    51,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Not pinterest, but Facebook. I may puke.

    Why Women are special ..(read this complete )

    Husband & Wife were watching TV when Wife said, "I'm tired, and it's getting late. I think I'll go to bed."

    She went to the kitchen to make sandwiches for the
    next day's lunches.

    Rinsed out the bowls, took vegetable out of the freezer for morning, checked the cereal box levels, filled the sugar container, put spoons and
    bowls on the table and started the coffee pot for brewing the
    next morning.

    She then ironed a shirt and secured a loose button.

    She picked up the game pieces left on the table, put the phone back on the charger and put the telephone book into the drawer.

    She emptied a wastebasket and hung up a towel to dry.

    She yawned and stretched and headed for the bedroom.

    She stopped by the desk and wrote a note to the teacher and pulled a text book out from hiding under the chair.

    She signed a birthday card for a friend, Addressed and stamped the envelope and wrote a quick
    note for the grocery store.

    She put both near her bag.
    Then she washed her face,
    put on her moisturizer,
    brushed her teeth.....

    Husband called out,
    "I thought you were going to bed."

    "I'm on my way," she said.

    She put some water into the dog's dish, then made sure the doors were locked.

    She looked in on each of the
    kids and turned out their
    bedside lamps and radios,
    and had a brief conversation with one kid who is still up doing homework.

    In her own room, she set the alarm; laid out clothing for the next day.

    Said her prayers, and visualized the accomplishment of her goals. about that time,

    Husband turned off the TV and announced to no one in particular.
    "I'm going to bed."

    And he did... without another thought.

    Anything Extraordinary Here?

    Share this to phenomenal women today... they' ll love
    you for it!

    And Forward this to as many men as you can so that they know why women are so special......!!!
    Join•••••Two Hearts As One





    Gag.
    Holy shit that makes me want to puke. From rage at the thought that this chick didn't think to put half the effort she puts into doing everything at home, into training her family of assholes into helping out!
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  11. #71
    Elite Member Waterslide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    out where the buses don't run
    Posts
    10,779

    Default

    Yeah, I think the puking is contagious over here. I don't know which is worse - that the author(ess) of that piece has written down every single action done by a person to make it seem like they work so hard (why didn't they throw in laundry, cooking, washing the dishes and mowing the lawn while they're at it?) or the fact it goes on the assumption that every guy in the world is obviously useless and lazy. Funny how there's not really any description of his day there.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

    Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

  12. #72
    Elite Member WhateverLolaWants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    13,660

    Default


    Kind of appropriate.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

  13. #73
    Elite Member Kittylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'
    Posts
    17,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I must have killed off too many brain cells because I barely remember anything about my exes, other than the really bad stuff. Maybe I have a smaller capacity or my memory is crammed with other more important information like Buffy episode titles and the Suri babydaddy timeline, but fucked if I'm going to waste valuable space on idiots I hardly think about anymore.

    Nov called it. And there's another underpants on the kitchen floor incident just gone in the mental filing cabinet...
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

    How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona


  14. #74
    Elite Member faithanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On the Hellmouth
    Posts
    12,425

    Default

    I took that cheesy message to be about a past love but even so in all the years I've been in relationships I'm hard pressed to remember every little detail except, as you correctly point out kitty, all of the bad shit. I would wrack (rack?) my brain trying to remember our anniversary or what he got me for my last birthday, even in the early days.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."



  15. #75
    Elite Member WhateverLolaWants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    13,660

    Default

    Sadly I do remember a lot of the good stuff about my college sweetheart. I worry about him on occasion (He hit some rough spots after our breakup) even if I want to be at least 300 miles away from him at all times.

    I do get a little wistful, on occasion, but it's not, "I want to be back with him," kind of wistful. More like, "Wasn't it fun to be young and irresponsible so I could overlook all the glaring flaws in that relationship and be able to enjoy the good bits?"
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jennifer Love Hewitt offers advice to men
    By DontMindMe in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: January 28th, 2008, 05:54 PM
  2. Replies: 32
    Last Post: November 27th, 2006, 01:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •