Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Spoiled brat daughter writes nasty post on Facebook, father shoots her laptop

Quote Originally Posted by Lalique View Post
    Hmmmm...a teenager posting typical anti-parent crap on facebook or a grown man pulling out a gun, shooting up a computer, filming it and posting on youtube. Who humiliated who?
    It's likely most her friends who see the video will just say 'wow, your dad really IS an asshole'. If redeeming himself in anyone's eyes was one of his goals, he failed miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Hey he's showing her that if someone says something you don't like you just pull out your gun and shoot their property.
    Yeah, great lesson, dad.

And posting it on YouTube to humiliate her back? He needs to grow up and stop practicing tit-for-tat parenting. It wouldn't surprise me if he's also one of those people who advocates biting your one year old child back so he knows how it feels.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    has anyone noticed that it's mostly europeans who think the dad is crazy and wrong and mostly americans who think the dad was okay in his actions?
    Haha yes. I was thinking that when I was reading a thread about this on a British site. Maybe it's to do with the gun issue. But not every American agrees he did the right thing though so I don't know.

Ravenna - I reckon he would be one of the parents who'd do the biting thing too! Completely irrational.

*8*
    Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post

but then i bet the people who agree with the father are the same ones that cheer on parents who make their kids stand on street corners with embarrassing signs telling the world what they're being punished for...
    This reminded me of the story of the court judge who recently punished a potential juror who left during the jury selection process by making him stand out on a street corner with a sign. It said, "I failed to appear for jury duty." He was made to show up on two mondays at 7:30 a.m. and had to walk in front of the courthouse carrying the sign until court baliffs let him leave. Happened this past January, I think in Indiana.

I think this incident has and will continue to embarrass both father and daughter for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    i do not expect them to regularly bad mouth me when they become teenagers. they better show me respect, just like i did my own mother.
    Reading this, I realized that I think I misunderstood what sput was saying about teenagers badmouthing parents. I was thinking about them disrespecting me to my face and I think she was talking about them doing it behind the parents' backs.

I'm sure my kids talked all kinds of shit about me behind my back which is fine because they didn't do it in a big enough way to get back to me. Had it ended up on the internet, that would have been a different story.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    It's been my experience that IT people tend to be really casual about equipment.
    Well, after its been fixed she'll be the only kid in school with bullet holes in her laptop, how cool will that be???
    Quote Originally Posted by *8* View Post
    This reminded me of the story of the court judge who recently punished a potential juror who left during the jury selection process by making him stand out on a street corner with a sign. It said, "I failed to appear for jury duty." He was made to show up on two mondays at 7:30 a.m. and had to walk in front of the courthouse carrying the sign until court baliffs let him leave. Happened this past January, I think in Indiana.

I think this incident has and will continue to embarrass both father and daughter for the foreseeable future.
    I think that one of the issues these days is that public expectation of behaviour is so low, & the parents are unable to teach the kids how to behave (since they apparently don't know).
    Free Charmed.

I'm sure my kids talked all kinds of shit about me behind my back which is fine because they didn't do it in a big enough way to get back to me. Had it ended up on the internet, that would have been a different story.
    kids post crap about their parents/families all the time. Most of them are lucky their dads aren't in IT and it never gets back to them. I think the father is a fuck-knuckle.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Reading this, I realized that I think I misunderstood what sput was saying about teenagers badmouthing parents. I was thinking about them disrespecting me to my face and I think she was talking about them doing it behind the parents' backs.

i agree with what you are saying, that's what i meant too. i know i ever bitched about my mom to friends, but nothing as public as a giant facebook message. kids will never always be happy with their parents, but they shouldn't do what this brat did, at least not without facing consequences.

I'm not sure it's an American/European thing. One's tolerance for children's (or teenagers) behavior changes depending on where you are in life. Childless posters in their 20s are viewing it from the kid's perspective. Those who have lived through parenting teenagers come at it from a different perspective. It's not so hard to understand really.

^^^
    no one is saying not to discipline the kid. it's how it was done that i take issue with. the father is a douche.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Not sure if you're referring to my post but I never said anything about not disciplining the kid. I'm just saying people view it from a different perspective depending on their experience.

pretty sure some of the posters who said the father's a douche also have teenage kids though.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

You missed my point entirely.

i guess so.

I have seen my husband's friend doing something similar to this. Him and his wife are these type of parents- their kids are disrespectful assholes, don't listen and talk shit to their parents. Guess what, parents are assholes too. Crappy parents that never put hardwork into being a parent because it was easier for them to say yes and not fight with their kids or discipline their kids. Or they would just scream and fight, never communicating, just making NOISE. Selfish jerks who taught their children to be selish jerks.

When their kids were 5 and 7 I witnessed them screaming at their kids to behave and stop punching each other. When the kids didn't listen, this was the parents' action: go grab one of their favorite toys and break it in half while the kids watched. Yeah, that totally worked, right? And they wonder why their children are so terrible, never occurred to them it may be because of them.

I don't feel bad for the girl at all. Sorry, no such thing as "private Facebook". My kids aren't teens yet, but I'd be furious if they did that, especially after being busted before and punished.
    I never would have done that to my parents. Never. How disrespectful.
    This wasn't just being caught bitching to her friends by the school bus. This wasn't just a diary entry. This was a public posting for many people to see. If what the Dad is saying about her chores is true, then she's also lying to make her parents look even worse. So then she'd be lying, swearing, being publicly disrespectful, and doing something she knows she isn't supposed to be doing. Well worth punishment.

The shooting of the laptop is a little whacko to me though. I just can't believe how casual guns are to so many people. What the heck does a Dad in IT need a .45 for? I know different cultures view guns differently, but it is not something I find necessary.

I don't really agree with publicly humiliating the girl, but if making it public was the only way for her to learn how humiliated her Dad was... then so be it. He seemed to be pretty pissed at the girls' friends for egging her on and supporting it.

Also, if Facebook is around when my kids are 15.... sorry, there will be no blocking me or their father. If there is stuff on there that I can't see, then they aren't responsible enough to have an account. More parents need to monitor their minor's internet accounts.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information