Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Spoiled brat daughter writes nasty post on Facebook, father shoots her laptop

Oh come on. You know you love to argue with me! Especially about stuff like this.

Of course there's a difference (between shooting a laptop and giving away a wii). Again, that's why we're reading about it in the laughs and oddities thread!

Still don't feel sorry for the kid.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Lalique View Post
    Hmmmm...a teenager posting typical anti-parent crap on facebook or a grown man pulling out a gun, shooting up a computer, filming it and posting on youtube. Who humiliated who?
    Truth be told, both. I would have just given the laptop away or if I was going to be extreme, stomp the laptop rather waste hollow-point bullets. I don't feel sorry for the girl, nor do I think she was on her way to becoming a future criminal.

This was obviously the end result of escalating tension. I have a teenage cousin who was constantly mouthing off and talking shit to his stepfather under his roof, and this had been going on for a matter of time. They never liked each other from the get go, and long story short, things came to a head when my cousin thought he could get in his stepfather's face like he was going to fight him. So thy get into a physical fight, the cops were called and my cousin was kicked out of the house and is living with my grandmother at the moment. To me, both of them were wrong - my cousin shouldn't have got in his face but his stepfather should have been the adult in the situation and didn't have to physically attack him either. Heat of the moment and all... But I knew it was a matter of when that type of confrontation would happen versus if due to the escalating tension that had been building up over a matter of years.

I guess I don't see how Dad was humiliated. His teenage daughter doesn't want to do chores and she swears a lot (Dad had a real issue with the swearing). So she ranted to her friends (notto all of FB and not to all of the internet). What's he so embarrassed about?

I could see Dad wanting to teach her a lesson on gratitude but feeling humiliated? Like someone said upthread, a bit thin skinned.

On the other hand, Dad one-upped his kid, exposed her private fb messages, and showed her who is damn-straight boss, in front of the entire internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I'm with dad. I don't think he violated her right to privacy. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the concept in general when it comes to parents & kids, but something posted on facebook is not private, regardless.

Also, kids are not 100% the result of their raising. They're born with personalities and free will, and they're influenced by the rest of the world, not just their parents. Sometimes, all it takes is one bad friend to shift a kid away from his or her family. How many times have y'all heard a parent say (or said it yourself) "I didn't raise you that way!" I've said it when my kids did something against what I'd taught them. If kids behaved exactly like we trained them, parenting would be a breeze. It's unreasonable to see a snapshot of one situation and immediately fault the parents.

As for shooting the laptop, I don't see the big deal. I bet it got her attention. I'm not entirely comfortable with him making it public, but she blasted her parents more or less publicly so I guess he sees it as tit for tat.
    Agree.
    ...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    honestly, i think parents of teenagers expect their kids to badmouth them. it's what teenagers do.
    I never, ever expected it. On the contrary, I expected them NOT to, and they didn't. My 23 year-old still yes ma'ams me.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I guess I don't see how Dad was humiliated. His teenage daughter doesn't want to do chores and she swears a lot (Dad had a real issue with the swearing). So she ranted to her friends (notto all of FB and not to all of the internet). What's he so embarrassed about?
    Most of the high school kids I know have upwards of a thousand friends on fb. Factor in some of their friends' family members and whatnot seeing it. Plus, it's very easily copied and shared, should anybody be inclined. Maybe this kid didn't have many fb friends, but I would still have a major problem with any kid of mine badmouthing me in print where people could see it. Much, much different from ranting in a bedroom with a couple friends.

Again, I'm still not entirely comfortable with the videoing & youtubing but the shooting of the laptop doesn't faze me and I don't see the big deal.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

From different episodes we have read on here, he coulda shot the daughter! I am relieved.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Frankly, if my kid posted a FB rant about me, I can think of 10 of her closest friends who would call her out on it in addition to the multitude of family, cousins, parents of her friends, etc. etc. etc.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

^^^As it should be!
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Hey he's showing her that if someone says something you don't like you just pull out your gun and shoot their property. Just like all good, reasonable dads do.
    Seriously, what kind of nutcase shoots up a computer. Hate to think what will happen if his daughter really pisses him off in the future.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Yeah, I would have donated the computer. If he was really such a feral hot head I don't think he would have sat through his 8 minute monologue before shooting the shit out of a computer.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Neat; suppose that's how parenting is done in Carolina. Personally, I have not one once of sympathy for the daughter: I simply WOULDN'T have posted shit like that about my mother. She'd have emptied the full clip into ME. But I feel that way about most of these situations; if a kid isn't too afraid of their parents to rebel, then I have no sympathy for their whining.

In the video he said this was the third time she'd posted this type of shit on facebook, and that after the first offence he said he'd shoot the lappie if she did it again. Small wonder she had tried to block her parents/step mother from seeing her comments after the second time she did it, but to post such a stupid rant? My bedtime throughout highschool was 9:30 - this teen doesn't have a bedtime, she has a responsibility to get up intime for the bus and complains that she falls asleep at 10pm because she's tired? Don't most teenagers sleep 9-10 per night anyway, due to physical changes making them tired?

Well, as the sticking point here is the shooting of the lappie I just wanna reiterate that the dad had warned her on the first offence and that this was the third offence. After the extensive complaint she put public on facebook - and the fact she thinks making her bed and unloading a dishwasher is tantamount to slavery - I say "good on ya pop."

Have a good day y'all
    Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

This girl is a good example of why I don't have kids, and since I don't I can't say what the hell I would or wouldn't do.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Elite Member

Well, I don't think it's going to fix anything, which is usually the point. If the daughter is like that now, it's going to take some hard knocks with life and time and perspective for her to realize what an asshole she has been.

Ideally that is what you want...for kids to come to their own realization about things, otherwise it doesn't stick.

has anyone noticed that it's mostly europeans who think the dad is crazy and wrong and mostly americans who think the dad was okay in his actions?

maybe not, maybe i am not correctly remembering where everyone is from. but i am american and i don't blame the dad one bit. good on him, and if i do have kids i do not expect them to regularly bad mouth me when they become teenagers. they better show me respect, just like i did my own mother.

Interesting that the responses here are exactly what I expected from each poster.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information