Login to remove the ads!
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Spoiled brat daughter writes nasty post on Facebook, father shoots her laptop

Quote Originally Posted by Lalique View Post
    You're judging a person based on one event? You don't know anything about the daughter besides what you just read. Maybe she has plenty of redeeming qualities. And not all children of divorce are spoiled brats.
    Never said they were. But this one is, based on what is revealed. And yes, anyone who would be given things she has been and then write that shit about their parents is behaving like an ungrateful little bitch. I hated my own mother for lots of things that I thought were "unfair" when I was a teen. But no way would I have put it up on a board for all my friends to see. That would have made me look way worse than her.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

lalique, don't you know by now that kids need to grow up with their mother and father, and that kids of single parents or of divorced and remarried parents are bound to be spoiled, fucked up, crazy or traumatised?

and seriously mrs.dark, you're actually worried, based on this kid's actions, that there's only a slim chance she'd be redeemable? seriously? now, i know you were supporting yourself at 12 and working a full time kob down at the coal factory while getting straight A's in school (and walking there and back through the snow in your bare feet) whereas today's kids are all entitled delinquents with divorced parents guilty of adultery, but surely nothing this kid has done so far points to her beeing anywhere near iredeemable?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Oh gimmie a break. My mom said no to some things she could have allowed. But, I actually had it pretty good. I realize that now.

She didn't need to resort to public humiliation. Nor I to her, for that matter. I was pretty damned grateful to be able to live at home as long as I did. Tried to respect her rules, which got easier and easier the older I got and the more responsible I proved to be by not fucking up.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

no parent ever needs to resort to public humiliation.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Good. Her ass needs to get a job. Also, falling asleep at 10? Wah, life hard. That's like 2 hours of homework a night, big deal. We had that back in the 90s.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Why not, the offense was made public.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I think we all agreed on that, actually. But I still don't feel sorry for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Why not, the offense was made public.
    And this is exactly why. She got schooled.

Hmmmm...a teenager posting typical anti-parent crap on facebook or a grown man pulling out a gun, shooting up a computer, filming it and posting on youtube. Who humiliated who?
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

the kid has the excuse of youth and inexperience. the father is supposed to know better and not resort to humiliating his kids in the name of discipline. oh, and he's a total attention whore.

but then i bet the people who agree with the father are the same ones that cheer on parents who make their kids stand on street corners with embarrassing signs telling the world what they're being punished for...
    I have no problem with kids holding embarrassing signs, not every punishment works for every child. Sometimes you have to think outside of the box some kids are just bound and determined to fuck up their lives. If this is your child and you do everything under the sun to try and fix it then fuck me but I'm going to respect that at least you are trying. That is our jobs as parents to keep them from harming themselves and to teach them to be decent people and sometimes it's just not as simple as grounding them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I do think that's kind of funny too, sput.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall and see how the people condemning this parent would handle actually living with a lazy-assed, do-nothing, entitlement-whore brat like this one. Especially after the combination of having been generous with their own money and time coupled with discovery that she'd been using said rewards to bad-mouth them behind their backs.
    I would too honestly we don't know how long this had been going on or half the story I'm sure. I'm willing to bet this was an ongoing issue and this was just a final straw that really pissed off dad. Again he could have handled it better but sometimes as a parent you just get pissed and tired and yes even fuck up somewhat.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    but it's the wrong page.
    Damn right. It's about effective parenting which this is not.
    We don't know if it's effective it could be that this is what it took to get her to see how bad she's acting. Just because it's not what you or I would do doesn't mean it doesn't work.
    You're judging a person based on one event? You don't know anything about the daughter besides what you just read. Maybe she has plenty of redeeming qualities. And not all children of divorce are spoiled brats.
    Well everyone's judging the dad by the same one event so why not? Maybe he's full of redeeming qualities too. Not all divorced parents are assholes either.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Hmmmm...a teenager posting typical anti-parent crap on facebook or a grown man pulling out a gun, shooting up a computer, filming it and posting on youtube. Who humiliated who?
    exactly.

I know a lot of teenagers with facebook pages. I don't know that I'd call her 'Letter to my parents' posting typical. If for no other reason than most of them have sense enough not to bite the hand that feeds them (or provides them with internet access, whatever) even if they happen to share the same sentiments for their parents/rules that this chick does.

None of this is typical. That's why we're reading about it online.

Hey he's showing her that if someone says something you don't like you just pull out your gun and shoot their property. Just like all good, reasonable dads do.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I know a lot of teenagers with facebook pages. I don't know that I'd call her 'Letter to my parents' posting typical. If for no other reason than most of them have sense enough not to bite the hand that feeds them (or provides them with internet access, whatever) even if they happen to share the same sentiments for their parents/rules that this chick does.

None of this is typical. That's why we're reading about it online.
    so the kid ranted about her parents online. hardly the stuff of future criminals. to quote your earlier post, give me a break.

Er. The one where I said I liked to think at 15-16 this kid is still redeemable? Not sure where you got 'stuff of future criminals' from.

All I meant was that a kid this spoiled isn't gonna change overnight. I'm sure she'll be pissy and sulk and cry and hate her parents for awhile like any kid who's been spoiled way too long and finally has to get reeled in.

Not typical = even the most stupid, spoiled teens I know wouldn't be stupid enough to do something like this on facebook. Especially if they had an IT for a dad who set up their freaking computer. Talk about a big DUH.

And of course, I don't know of any other dads who've videoed themselves shooting their kids laptop. But I've personally known plenty who gave away an Xbox or Wii and didn't have a problem with letting anyone who asked know why.

please, now you're just being argumentative for no reason. unless you really can't see the difference between giving away a wii and shooting a laptop and filming it for the world to see, as well as putting the contents of your kid's fb page in the public domaiin... in which case i apologise, i really shouldn't be starting arguments with disabled people.

Thread Information