Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Spoiled brat daughter writes nasty post on Facebook, father shoots her laptop

exactly. She didn't want them to see what she wrote and he circumvented that. That's like saying if she has a conversation in her room with friends it's not private if her parents put their ears to the door.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

If she wants to bash her parents, get a diary. And its way cheaper than a laptop and an internet connection (which were funded by her "bad" parents). She just made an asshole out of herself IMO. Better yet, your parents are soooo horrible that you feel the need to let everyone you know in on it, some of whom are likely also people they know (probably where they found out)...then move your freeloading ass out of the house, pay your own goddamned bills, and bash away. Or at least get a job and buy your own laptop and internet connection (not unthinkable, know young people who do this).
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Entitled kids.. I see them everyday. They have no idea how damn good they have it. Maybe now she'll realize.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Teenagers bad mouth their parents all of the time. It's not some crime against humanity. Yeah, she sounds like a brat who could stand to learn about respect and working for things, but again, that describes a lot of immature, inexperienced young people.

So her father teaches her a lesson by killing the laptop, fine. Also by telling her that her next one will be purchased with her own money. Bravo. But the posting to the internet was just revenge (I'll embarass you like you embarassed me). And now this girl's semi-private rant is read around the world. I know the internet isn't a place for private thoughts but to have your own father betray you (yes, I think it's a betrayal of trust, privacy, etc to take something on a fb page and put it on youtube) is a high price to pay for being a mouthy punk.

If she was stupid enought to put this on her Facebook, block everyone but her parents in her rant about them, and then let her IT dad fix the thing, then she is an idiot as well as a spoiled brat.

the things I do kind of think are dumb from the dad:

-shooting the computer. Just dumb, it is not cool to shoot things(nice message to send) and it is wasteful as well.

-posting the youtube vid. Going overboard, humiliating the kid way beyond what is warranted, and inviting a hornet's nest into their lives in general(wtf did he think would happen after posting such a video?-he must be an idiot as well). And he has no right to really complain about the 'attention' the video has gotten-that is as bad as the daughter bitching on facebook(publicly) in the first place.

The other punishments-the daughter deserved them. Posting that stuff on facebook, blocking only her parents, is really no different than standing outside the family home with a sign saying the same stupid complaining things, but not directly showing the sign to her parents.

Hopefully they all learn somthing good from this.

Someone needs to direct the little shit to whitewhine.com. Oh wait, that's right, she doesn't HAVE a computer anymore because she's an ungrateful little shit!

the kid has the excuse of youth and inexperience. the father is supposed to know better and not resort to humiliating his kids in the name of discipline. oh, and he's a total attention whore.

but then i bet the people who agree with the father are the same ones that cheer on parents who make their kids stand on street corners with embarrassing signs telling the world what they're being punished for...
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I do think that's kind of funny too, sput.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall and see how the people condemning this parent would handle actually living with a lazy-assed, do-nothing, entitlement-whore brat like this one. Especially after the combination of having been generous with their own money and time coupled with discovery that she'd been using said rewards to bad-mouth them behind their backs.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

yeah, not surprised you're into the kids with signs.

honestly, i think parents of teenagers expect their kids to badmouth them. it's what teenagers do.

and as for what he could have done? how about just take away the laptop. give it to a school or someone who needs it, and make her pay for her next computer. same discipline, same result, but minus the attention whore-ness and public humiliation. not to mention, appropriate parenting and a proportionate and adult response to the kid's action.

my parents punished me plenty of times growing up. took stuff away. didn't let me go places i wanted to go. revoked privileges, etc. normal stuff. never once did they resort to humiliation or act in ways that were unkind, cruel or more about getting revenge (and obviously getting off on humiliating their kid, like this guy) than teaching me an important lesson.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I didn't say I was into kids with signs. I can't see myself personally doing such a thing. But I do get a laugh out of it when I see those pics online. Given some of the transgressions, my sympathy for the kids is limited.

And I happen to agree with you about the better thing to do being to take the laptop away and give it to a kid who needs it/would appreciate it. But I'm just practical that way.

it's not about being practical.

I truly believe that a lot of adults are just too damned thin-skinned to be parents. From taking a toddler who screams "I hate you" seriously (I have seen family members fall to pieces at that), to responding in kind to snarky teenagers.

While children definitely have their own personalities and good and bad traits (it's why the nature vs nurture debate has been waged for all time), but a child does not spoil itself. And it shouldn't but it still always shocks me that after giving their infant, toddler, child, elementary-aged kid everything under the sun that was the 'must-have' gift of the year and waiting on them hand and foot, that they think that upon adolescence they will have created a grateful, engaged, thoughtful young adult. By luck of nature and temperament you may end up with that, but the odds are against it if you don't start young and make those traits a priority of family living.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Yeah yeah, I know. I'm supposed to also feel sorry for the spoiled little bitch who felt it was alright to bite the hand that feeds her and humiliate them because she's a youngster who should be allowed to fuck up. Even though this is clearly not the first time.

Whether or not giving away the laptop and making her buy her own would actually teach her a lesson or not...who knows? I like to think at 15-16 there's still a chance this kid is redeemable. Dad, mom and a step-mom involved here. Lemme guess why this kid has been a bit spoiled. But the adults seem to be on the same page at least.

but it's the wrong page.
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Damn right. It's about effective parenting which this is not.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Yeah yeah, I know. I'm supposed to also feel sorry for the spoiled little bitch who felt it was alright to bite the hand that feeds her and humiliate them because she's a youngster who should be allowed to fuck up. Even though this is clearly not the first time.

Whether or not giving away the laptop and making her buy her own would actually teach her a lesson or not...who knows? I like to think at 15-16 there's still a chance this kid is redeemable. Dad, mom and a step-mom involved here. Lemme guess why this kid has been a bit spoiled. But the adults seem to be on the same page at least.
    You're judging a person based on one event? You don't know anything about the daughter besides what you just read. Maybe she has plenty of redeeming qualities. And not all children of divorce are spoiled brats.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information